X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine v New Hampshire

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    I'm surprised anyone noticed
    It's gonna take some doing to get this match-up back to its previous relevancy.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Tim started maine downhill, Red drove them off the cliff. Not happening anytime soon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Relevant might be relative! This game is relevant in terms of the Hockey East tournament.
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Relevant might be relative! This game is relevant in terms of the Hockey East tournament.
          Sure is...and, there's no better time than the present...
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            And, the teams play one another three times during the regular season, with the Black Bears visiting the Whitt for two the first weekend of February (Friday night on NESN+, Saturday game on NESN, so someone thinks that these two teams are relevant). .

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              And, the teams play one another three times during the regular season, with the Black Bears visiting the Whitt for two the first weekend of February (Friday night on NESN+, Saturday game on NESN, so someone thinks that these two teams are relevant). .
              Perception is reality and NESN is all about perception

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Doubt either team feels irrelevant... You know the announcers will play up big time the 'White Out the 'Whitt" weekend, the past 'Cats/Black Bear rivalry...etc. Go 'Cats! Go Pats! What a game!!!!! Getting psyched for tomorrow, not so much, the 4 hr. drive.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Tim started maine downhill, Red drove them off the cliff. Not happening anytime soon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Dickie U was a solo act … took 'em to the top, then from the top to the bottom, all by his lonesome.

An analogy from tonight's game … Belichick is to Walshy, as Reid is to Umile. Sad but true (for UNH fans).

To my fellow UNH posters … please note, I used the comparative term "former relevancy" to Wally.

A HE RS game for playoff positioning does NOT equate to HE Tourney Finals or FF meetings. Sorry.

Comment

Dickie U was a solo act … took 'em to the top, then from the top to the bottom, all by his lonesome.

An analogy from tonight's game … Belichick is to Walshy, as Reid is to Umile. Sad but true (for UNH fans).

To my fellow UNH posters … please note, I used the comparative term "former relevancy" to Wally.

A HE RS game for playoff positioning does NOT equate to HE Tourney Finals or FF meetings. Sorry.
                    Just bustin' ya Chuck...we know what you mean and your references to being 'relevant'. How 'bout that Tom Brady??
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

As an aside … I feel bad for sports fans who don't remember past the age of video replay.

Now git off my lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Just bustin' ya Chuck...we know what you mean and your references to being 'relevant'. How 'bout that Tom Brady??
                        This one was Belichick's. Brady had a so-so game, and (in the midst of a lot of bizarre situations) got away with a phantom roughing the QB call AND an interception that was called back.

Again, Reid is a modern day Umile. Just can't win the big one, and probably never will (Reid that is - Umile won't, he's done). Those guys do exist.

Comment

I think that you need to give some credit to Borek for assistance in sinking the good ship lollypop.

But, as the OP noted, relevancy is relative, so then was then, and now is now. Getting to the Gahden today is equivalent to getting to a NC game back in the day. We need to recalibrate our hopes, dreams, and expectations.

Comment

This one was Belichick's. Brady had a so-so game, and (in the midst of a lot of bizarre situations) got away with a phantom roughing the QB call AND an interception that was called back.
                            Brady completed 67% of his passes for 348 yards and led the team to converting 13-of-19 third downs (including three pass conversions of third downs on the OT drive). He marched down the field - primarily through the air to set up the go-ahead TD under two minutes in regulation and did the same to bury the Chiefs in OT.

He also managed the game and worked the clock like a pro all night - ensuring that KC's offense saw the field as little as possible. Game plans have to be executed...

He made one mistake - the bad pass on the goal to go situation in the first half. However, that is equally on the coaching staff for trying to get cute with the play call. Both the other interception and the one called back came on passes right into the hands of a receiver, that were tipped up in the air for picks. Neither was remotely on Brady. They were drops.

There were bad officiating calls for both teams - the Chiefs got away with a number of missed calls that were just as impactful. Like the weak D-Holding on the other side of the field negating a New England fumble recovery? Or the obvious offensive pass interference that set up a 38-yard reception and lead to a KC TD? And while it probably shouldn't have been called the Chiefs defender DID barely graze Brady's face mask on the play. Refs protect QBs in today's NFL - it's been like that for years now...

Honestly, the only thing missing from your previous post to make it a typical Chuck dismissal of talent/talented players was a tangent arguing that Steve Grogan was actually the better NE QB because instead of just throwing for a ton of yards and TDs, producing and winning like Brady - Grogan did the 'little things' like throw incomplete passes (safe and smart) to set up punt situations (field position) and was 'gritty' (neck brace!)...

Brady was excellent.
                            Last edited by Dan; 01-21-2019, 01:09 AM.
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Hard to talk about bad calls in Pats game if you watched LA and NO. NO absolutely got hosed. No doubt the NFL ****ed them hard
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Brady completed 67% of his passes for 348 yards and led the team to converting 13-of-19 third downs (including three pass conversions of third downs on the OT drive). He marched down the field - primarily through the air to set up the go-ahead TD under two minutes in regulation and did the same to bury the Chiefs in OT.

He also managed the game and worked the clock like a pro all night - ensuring that KC's offense saw the field as little as possible. Game plans have to be executed...

He made one mistake - the bad pass on the goal to go situation in the first half. However, that is equally on the coaching staff for trying to get cute with the play call. Both the other interception and the one called back came on passes right into the hands of a receiver, that were tipped up in the air for picks. Neither was remotely on Brady. They were drops.

There were bad officiating calls for both teams - the Chiefs got away with a number of missed calls that were just as impactful. Like the weak D-Holding on the other side of the field negating a New England fumble recovery? Or the obvious offensive pass interference that set up a 38-yard reception and lead to a KC TD? And while it probably shouldn't have been called the Chiefs defender DID barely graze Brady's face mask on the play. Refs protect QBs in today's NFL - it's been like that for years now...

Honestly, the only thing missing from your previous post to make it a typical Chuck dismissal of talent/talented players was a tangent arguing that Steve Grogan was actually the better NE QB because instead of just throwing for a ton of yards and TDs, producing and winning like Brady - Grogan did the 'little things' like throw incomplete passes (safe and smart) to set up punt situations (field position) and was 'gritty' (neck brace!)...

Brady was excellent.
                                One sure way to put a smile on my face to start the day is to read a post from you Dan. Well done

And if I might add, on the road in front of a very hostile crowd!
                                Last edited by e.cat; 01-21-2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X