Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    It's been almost 5 weeks. Unless he caves, he's never going to learn anything.

BTW, it's interesting that we are getting more and more "both sideism" and "D's should capitulate" the closer we are getting to R's and dumpy giving in, and letting the process work correctly. Funny how that works out, like a last second ploy to hope to save face.
    It is fascinating how he lost the House of Representatives and he didn't change strategy at all. He is the Republican Party. They own this for the next two to three cycles at least.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      I NEVER said the Dems should cave on the shutdown. Them denying the SOTU is being a bit childish, IMO. Let Trump win that little battle, so the Dems can win the shutdown war. It would show that the Dems are not petty like Trump and won't quibble over little things.

Sheesh.
      This isn't a normal Presidency. Therefore, you can't negotiate in the normal way. Being "petty" and denying Trump his SOTU hurts him more then his cratering approval rating would to a normal politician. He loves the trappings of the job more than the actual job. Denying that brought more out of him in the last month
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

It's been almost 5 weeks. Unless he caves, he's never going to learn anything.

BTW, it's interesting that we are getting more and more "both sideism" and "D's should capitulate" the closer we are getting to R's and dumpy giving in, and letting the process work correctly. Funny how that works out, like a last second ploy to hope to save face.
        Here is a question for you and others here. If a deal could be brokered that ended the shutdown, did not call for any wall funding, but somehow allowed Trump to "save face," would you be in favor of it? I suspect for some of you here the answer is "no."
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Here is a question for you and others here. If a deal could be brokered that ended the shutdown, did not call for any wall funding, but somehow allowed Trump to "save face," would you be in favor of it? I suspect for some of you here the answer is "no."
          Sure. But that's impossible at this point. If he doesn't get the wall he can't save face. And that's a corner the greatest negotiating mind of a generation painted himself.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just saw he said it’s not a big deal because grocery stores will float you credit for food. I get that he’s old and rich, but when is the last time that was actually done? 1960s?
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I have no problem allowing Trump to save face if the terms are acceptable. He'll shame himself tomorrow anyway.

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem at all. They offered like $5 billion on everything but a wall. Drones, judges, manpower, etc. Problem is that he's tied himself to the mast on the wall so he *can't* save face.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Lmao

Comment

I would not be happy to let the moron save face. But I know Congress is working on that.

Still, based on his tantrums, the only thing that will save face would be money for the wall. Not money for real border protection, but for a wall.

BTW, DW is a federal worker. So we are directly impacted by this BS. So I actually have skin in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Ironic that we have a dictator running the country, and one of his best buds got picked up using known strong arm tactics.

Well, they could have showed up a lot earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          I have no problem allowing Trump to save face if the terms are acceptable. He'll shame himself tomorrow anyway.
                          Same. Just no wall funding. Has to make sense where it goes

Comment

Comment

I would not be happy to let the moron save face. But I know Congress is working on that.

Still, based on his tantrums, the only thing that will save face would be money for the wall. Not money for real border protection, but for a wall.

BTW, DW is a federal worker. So we are directly impacted by this BS. So I actually have skin in the game.
                              Well, I'm sorry you're stuck in the middle of it. That sucks.

But there has to be a way of ending it through negotiation without the wall funding. Hopefully behind the scenes someone is working on it, but I don't get the sense of that.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Of course not. But what is the alternative? We can "teach" him that this is not an acceptable method by refusing to negotiate. I have no objection to that, on a personal level, but then again I'm not a federal worker. It just seems to me to be a bit cruel to tell the federal workers that we're not going to negotiate with the madman because we need to teach him a lesson.
                                Dr. Mrs. is a federal worker, and she's furloughed. This is hurting us. We are both 100% certain that we can't give in to this toddler. We have to set the precedent that this tactic does not work or it will simply become part of the Dump, and then the Republican, playbook.

The cops don't tell the bank robber, "give back half the money and we'll let you go."
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X