Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Given how long this has gone and will go and that it's unconstitutional to not pay Congress for some dumb reason

Amendment to the US Constitution

Shutdown= Executive and Legislative branch gets no pay or services. Np plane rides, no cars, etc.
    Only bills that can be introduced are to open the government and pay the people, declarations of war, or articles of impeachment.

Give this shutdown another month or two and someone suggesting this might get elected President in '20 or '24.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      116th Congress. Democrat controlled House. New world. Same dysfunctional government.

As I've said, to me all this is more proof that to MoCs ... Party > Country.
      Yes, BSABSVR.

Let's completely ignore that one party wants a functioning government and the other kneels before Two Scoops.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        That's not how it works, numb nuts.
        But it should, because to me MoC are just another government worker, who in this case aren't doing their job.

PS - Nice ad hom. Shows what's left in the tank.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Why not get rid of shutdowns and debt level increases? Neither one serve any purpose.
          wow, Drew finally makes a sane point!

A government shut down is just a tool for one party to hold the country hostage.

Comment

Yes, BSABSVR.

Let's completely ignore that one party wants a functioning government and the other kneels before Two Scoops.
            Neither side wants it because if they did they'd be negotiating on a bipartisan basis away from the WH and then going to POTUS with their plan (and as Scoob say, knowing they have the votes for an override).

Both sides think this is a political winner for them. I think it's ripe opportunity for a third-party. (That said, Scoob, please keep Jesse Ventura busy and away from microphones. )
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Neither side wants it because if they did they'd be negotiating on a bipartisan basis away from the WH and then going to POTUS with their plan (and as Scoob say, knowing they have the votes for an override).

Both sides think this is a political winner for them. I think it's ripe opportunity for a third-party. (That said, Scoob, please keep Jesse Ventura busy and away from microphones. )
              Sure. Get Jill Stein warmed up.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Given how long this has gone and will go and that it's unconstitutional to not pay Congress for some dumb reason

Amendment to the US Constitution

Shutdown= Executive and Legislative branch gets no pay or services. Np plane rides, no cars, etc.
                Only bills that can be introduced are to open the government and pay the people, declarations of war, or articles of impeachment.

Give this shutdown another month or two and someone suggesting this might get elected President in '20 or '24.
                Seems like a toe-hold for a third party also.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I was talking to a couple federal employees earlier this week (one National Park Service, and one U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service) and they were told to expect the shutdown to last until mid-March

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I was talking to a couple federal employees earlier this week (one National Park Service, and one U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service) and they were told to expect the shutdown to last until mid-March
                    The economy is ****ed.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Sure. Get Jill Stein warmed up.
                      As Kasich's or one of these others' Veep? Maybe ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        The economy is ****ed.
                        In this case Scoob's not wrong.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yeah, because a third party would be able to negotiate with Trump better than anyone because...reasons.

How much snake oil have you bought in your life?

Comment

116th Congress. Democrat controlled House. New world. Same dysfunctional government.

As I've said, to me all this is more proof that to MoCs ... Party > Country.
                            So we're in agreement that the GOP is the problem?

Also, just so we have it clear:
                            - 115th GOP Senate passes federal funding bill in December. Goes to House for approval.
                            - 115th GOP House, specifically Paul Ryan, adds addendum to bill for border wall funding, sends bill back to Senate for approval.
                            - 115th GOP Senate can't get their sh** together to have enough GOP votes to approve the amended bill without way more Dem votes than usual.
                            - 115th Congress ends.
                            - 116th Congress starts.
                            - 116th Dem House approves and pushes the *exact* fu**ing bill the GOP Senate approved to start this timeline up the hill to the GOP Senate.
                            - 116th Senate Majority Leader, a GOP, refuses to even hold a procedural vote to allow the spending bill to be brought forth.

So, remind me again how the Democrats are the problem? BSABSVR? GFY.

(Edited to note that more dem votes than usual would have been needed due to GOP fracture, unless Mitch did invoke the nuclear option.)
                            Last edited by aparch; 01-18-2019, 08:55 AM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeah, because a third party would be able to negotiate with Trump better than anyone because...reasons.

How much snake oil have you bought in your life?
                              It must be a ton. No one can negotiate with the clown. Overriding the veto is the best shot to get the government open. Turtle Boy won't do it because he knows it would destroy the Republican Party.

Comment

2/3 of both houses to override.

In today's fractured, dysfunctional Congress, heck, political climate, there's a better chance of you and me being the starting opposing goalies in this year's Stanley Cup.
                                One way to find out....
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X