Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    He said at the capitol.
    He could hold in at the Senate but that room is tiny.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      You let me down Kep: I was hoping you'd work a "plutes" in there somewhere; but, you're not wrong.
      Davos actually does have some self-hating Plutes, or anyway some semi-self-aware Putes. The kind of people who read Picketty and then say "though of course a wealth tax could never work... don't be silly."

Imagine Harvard but with actual class.
      Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2019, 11:58 AM.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Speaking of feckless.
        "Listen this is, it's not fair to you and we all get that, but this is so much bigger than any one person,” Trump responded.

“It is a little bit of pain but it's going to be for the future of our country, and their children and their grandchildren and generations after them will thank them for their sacrifice,” she said. “Right now, I know it's hard. I know people have families, they have bills to pay, they have mortgages, they have rents that are due.
        https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...his-is-so-much
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

There are two sides to the Capitol.
          Nancy's side. ...
          Mitch's side.

Wanna bet he delivers it in the Senate chambers?
          you're likely to lose that bet. The layout of the Senate chamber is not conductive to a joint session like SOTU -- the House chamber has 448 permanent seats (first come first serve) plus gallery seating, and whatever temporary seating they can fit. The floor of the Senate has 100 desks, each assigned to an individual senator.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Doesn't mean he's doing it in the House. He'll hold one of his NASCAR Nuremberg Rallies.
            https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/politics/donald-trump-nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union/index.html

Trump vows to deliver State of the Union from House chamber

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump insisted in a letter Wednesday he would deliver his annual State of the Union address from the chamber of the US House next week as planned, telling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi her concerns about security during a partial government shutdown were unfounded.

Trump's letter, written with his characteristic flourish, sets up a potential showdown with the Democratic speaker, who controls the chamber's proceedings and must allow for a vote on his speech.

"I will be honoring your invitation, and fulfilling my constitutional duty, to deliver important information to the people and Congress of the United States of America regarding the State of our Union," Trump wrote in his letter.

He said the speech would occur on January 29 from the House chamber.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              What I find most interesting is how Trump failed to mention during his Saturday talk to the nation on Cable the Stephen Miller poison pills that are in his bill. Not once were they brought up. It's not just about the Wall and it never has been just about the Wall. Frankly if it were just about the Wall I'd probably just give him the money as long as something "new", key word "new", was coming back.

What should happen is he should reinstate DACA, and TPS as it was before he opened his big mouth (Supremes punted on DACA anyway). He should setup a streamlined humane process for asylum seekers (again on his own, he could get it done today) and then offer the Democrats something substantial. Then and only then can he have his 15 billion for the wall and give his SOTU in the House Chamber.
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 01-23-2019, 12:34 PM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                you're likely to lose that bet. The layout of the Senate chamber is not conductive to a joint session like SOTU ...
                1. Think Mitch cares? He'd get to host --> ego stroke.
                2. When has Trump cared about anyone's comfort but his own?

I'd say those two work well toward my bet coming in.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  She knows suffering. She has to let Beavis stick it in her every month or so. Oh, the horror!!
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Wanna bet he delivers it in the Senate chambers?
                    I'd be all for that. I recommend March 15th.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I'd be all for that. I recommend March 15th.
                      Et tu.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Et tu.
                        I could be well moved, if I were as you:
                        If I could pray to move, prayers would move me:
                        But I am constant as the northern star,
                        Of whose true-fix'd and resting quality
                        There is no fellow in the firmament.
                        The skies are painted with unnumber'd sparks,
                        They are all fire and every one doth shine,
                        But there's but one in all doth hold his place:
                        So in the world; 'tis furnish'd well with men,
                        And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive;
                        Yet in the number I do know but one
                        That unassailable holds on his rank,
                        Unshaked of motion: and that I am he,
                        Let me a little show it, even in this;
                        That I was constant Cimber should be banish'd,
                        And constant do remain to keep him so.
                        Cornell University

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            They can get way classier hookers there
                            Holy crap. Blew coffee everywhere.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just another normal day. Cohen delaying his testimony because of threats from trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ats-from-trump

Comment

This is only going to get bigger. I have an idea. Let's p-ss off half a million well-networked, politically savvy people who live in the same city as we and who, due to our actions, have nothing to do all day and aren't getting their paychecks.

What could go wrong?

Occupy was the Cub Scouts compared to the games that Federal civil servants can play. Guess who knows how to disrupt the government? The people who f-cking make it function in the first place.

Remember this. The people you're trying to step on, we're everyone you depend on. We're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you. We process your insurance claims and credit card charges. We control every part of your life.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2019, 01:36 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X