Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    In case there were any morons left who thought Mitt was going to stand up- he’s stated today he won’t vote for anything that doesn’t include the wall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...234_story.html
    So in other words, a minority of the country gets to hold 800,000 workers' paychecks hostage, just because they want some useless steel slats constructed on the border.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      So in other words, a minority of the country gets to hold 800,000 workers' paychecks hostage, just because they want some useless steel slats constructed on the border.
      Yes, and Mitt Romney is ok with that. Thus, the next time one of these Republican Morons tries to explain to you that they're independent and Donald Trump does not control them or the party you know what you do? You laugh in their face.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Interesting tid-bit from the NY Times:
        Only One House Republican Represents the Borderland, and He Opposes a Wall
        Along the 2,000-mile border with Mexico, which sprawls across four states and nine House districts, a single seat is held by a Republican: Representative Will Hurd of Texas.

And Mr. Hurd, a former undercover C.I.A. officer who barely won re-election in Texas’ 23rd District, the largest of the nine, has emerged as perhaps the most persistent critic in his party of President Trump’s wall.

Drawing upon his years undercover and his work in the private sector, Mr. Hurd has a starkly different vision for the southwestern border: fiber optic cables, sensors, radar, drones, increased staffing — but not the concrete or steel barrier that Mr. Trump has demanded before he reopens the government.

He has joined Democrats eight times this month to vote to reopen the government, without wall funding.
        Specificity, in this case, lies in the architecture of what Mr. Hurd describes as a “smart wall,” a wish list of technology and upgrades that would protect more than 800 miles of the southwestern border that demarcates the southern side of his district. He would dispense with the concrete wall or steel slats that Mr. Trump has advocated in raucous rallies, in favor of more advanced measures, including “a fiber optic cable from sea to shining sea.”

“Let’s make sure we’re using the right tool in the right place,” Mr. Hurd said. “We should be thinking about all these different technologies and how they should be used, and when I describe this, nobody disagrees.”

He added, “A wall from sea to shining sea is the most expensive and least effective way to do border security.”
        “My boss is not the president,” Mr. Hurd said. “My boss is not the speaker. My boss is not the minority leader. My bosses are those 800,000 people that I represented and sent me up here.”
        So, curiosity got me, and while I trust the NY Times I wanted to see the congressional districts that make up the border wall territory. Sure enough, going from West to East (Pacific Ocean to Gulf of Mexico):
        CA-51 - Juan Vargas (D) - Rep since 2013
        AZ-03 - Raúl Grijalva (D) - Rep since 2003
        AZ-02 - Ann Kirkpatrick (D) - Rep since 2018 (was AZ-01 from 09-11, 13-17)
        NM-02 - Xochitl Torres Small (D) - Rep since 2019
        TX-16 - Veronica Escobar (D) - Rep since 2018 (was Beto O'Rourke's district)
        TX-23 - Will Hurd (R) - Rep since 2015
        TX-28 - Henry Cuellar (D) - Rep since 2005
        TX-15 - Vicente González (D) - Rep since 2017
        TX-34 - Filemon Vela, Jr. (D) - Rep since 2013

So how is it that the GOP is so in tune with what's happening at the border, when all nine representatives are against the border wall, and eight of them are D's? I would assume if there was leaky border wall issues, these guys would have brought it to someones attention well before Trump tried.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          So how is it that the GOP is so in tune with what's happening at the border, when all nine representatives are against the border wall, and eight of them are D's? I would assume if there was leaky border wall issues, these guys would have brought it to someones attention well before Trump tried.
          Clearly everyone is sneaking over and then voting to weaken it. Duuuuuuh.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            CA-51 - Juan Vargas (D) - Rep since 2013
            AZ-03 - Raúl Grijalva (D) - Rep since 2003
            AZ-02 - Ann Kirkpatrick (D) - Rep since 2018 (was AZ-01 from 09-11, 13-17)
            NM-02 - Xochitl Torres Small (D) - Rep since 2019
            TX-16 - Veronica Escobar (D) - Rep since 2018 (was Beto O'Rourke's district)
            TX-23 - Will Hurd (R) - Rep since 2015
            TX-28 - Henry Cuellar (D) - Rep since 2005
            TX-15 - Vicente González (D) - Rep since 2017
            TX-34 - Filemon Vela, Jr. (D) - Rep since 2013

well duh! only two americans on that list!!

( )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So between the announcement Saturday and today, Stephen Miller got to add a wish list to the bill basically eliminating asking for asylum from Central American children

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                So between the announcement Saturday and today, Stephen Miller got to add a wish list to the bill basically eliminating asking for asylum from Central American children

It's actually a brilliant move. It exposes that these invaders don't actually want asylum, and instead want to invade the country and use children as shields to pull at the heart-strings of those easily triggered by emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  It's actually a brilliant move. It exposes that these invaders don't actually want asylum, and instead want to invade the country and use children as shields to pull at the heart-strings of those easily triggered by emotion.
                  Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
                  Burn it down.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

These people are mentally ill.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Good day for Donnie. SC revives his ban on transgenders in military.

Comment

Good day for Donnie. SC revives his ban on transgenders in military.
                        So dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
                        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 01-22-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

It’s temp while it goes thru lower courts

Comment

It’s temp while it goes thru lower courts
                            I get that. Screw with people's lives and make them wait. So pathetic and stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I get that. Screw with people's lives and make them wait. So pathetic and stupid.
                              Cadet bone spurs doesn’t want no transgenders. Good thing he’s got Brett

Comment

Cadet bone spurs doesn’t want no transgenders. Good thing he’s got Brett
                                Cadet Bone Spurs was born and has existed his entire life without empathy. Is empathy a curse for those of us that have it? I hope not. Maybe it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X