Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Drew has some work to do to recapture the dumbest thing said today trophy...
    Apologies but Trump has his finger on what motives his racist base more than anybody I've ever seen. Lets not underestimate the man despite our opinion of him.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by handyman View Post
      it isnt. Sometimes it seems like he is trolling for the lulz but he is way to consistent in this stuff for it to be a bit. Plus he doesnt have the intelligence needed to pull off the con anyways.
      lol
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        End of thread. You get Dump's ears and Drew's tail.
        Can I defer.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Apologies but Trump has his finger on what motives his racist base more than anybody I've ever seen. Lets not underestimate the man despite our opinion of him.
          Uhhh so an old racist white(ish) guy says racist things (mostly repeating what others say, not even original thoughts) that other old racist white guys like, and that makes him sharp?

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            Can I defer.
            I'd take the deal. It could have been the other way.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Uhhh so an old racist white(ish) guy says racist things (mostly repeating what others say, not even original thoughts) that other old racist white guys like, and that makes him sharp?
              He’s convinced people he’s rich for 70 years and won the presidency. I think Rover is spot on regardless of how much you dislike the guy.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Politically, yes. The man has mastered the art of division via racial resentment. Used to be Republicans were perfectly happy to have racists in the tent but not up at the podium. Chump changed all that as he realized 99.9 of the GOP base are bigots easily motived by the notion of screwing people over that they don't like. That's why he stood out when running in the primary against an array of corporate stiffs (Kasich-Jebbers-Rubio-Walker-Cruz....they could all be the same person). He's also dangerous in his ability to spot weakness. Weakness in his rivals who wouldn't "go there" with white supremacy even though that's what the base wants. Weakness in the press and their desire to prioritize clickbaits over truth and bothersiderism above all else. Weakness in the left in their inability to unite against him and rather have just enough of them stay home or vote for 3rd party Russian stooges (Stein, Jill) to put him over the top.

Chump isn't a deep thinker. He's a con artist. But he's good at running that con, because he knows what motivates people. No need to underestimate that part of his appeal.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Russians and the Chinese are saying they'll fight efforts from the US meddling in Venezuela - i.e., regime change. Something that Donald Trump also vehemently opposes.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Russians and the Chinese are saying they'll fight efforts from the US meddling in Venezuela - i.e., regime change. Something that Donald Trump also vehemently opposes.
                    Sad part is Dump is kinda sorta on the right side in Venezuela -- well, on the less absolutely horrific side, anyway. The question is: is it undemocratic to oust a leader who rigged a democratic election?

If I were Dumpy I'd be mighty careful how I phrased that one.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sad part is Dump is kinda sorta on the right side in Venezuela -- well, on the less absolutely horrific side, anyway. The question is: is it undemocratic to oust a leader who rigged a democratic election?

There are many rigged elections in this world. The only reason that this one matters is that he's not our guy.

And we don't have any moral high ground until we fix rigged elections at home.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Word is that Jared thinks he’s close to getting dems to crack and tells daddy to stay strong

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Word is that Jared thinks he’s close to getting dems to crack and tells daddy to stay strong

So, Government closed until we swear in a new Democrat as President?
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The way he handled Jeb and the others during the R primary shows that he at least had his finger on the pulse of the Republican base and was savvy enough to pander to them. Him acting completely childish works because people were fed up with the oligarchy that runs this country and didn't want someone who's another member of the elite establishment who talk in empty platitudes, Donny just comes right out and says it and insults them to their face. And obviously the racism appeals to the majority of his base (the rest tolerated it because they naively thought he'd shake up that system despite being part of that oligarchy himself). He definitely has good political instincts even if he's mostly appealing to some of the dumbest troglodytes our society has to offer, it's certainly something that Mitt, McCain (until he went full racist towards the end of his campaign), Jeb, Rubio, Walker and the other empty suits didn't or couldn't pull off.
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-24-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Ousting other nation’s leaders is as American as baseball, apple pie, and oppressing minorities.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I don't get what Mitch is thinking, either. Maybe he thinks actually seeing the votes will break enough people on the crazy right out of their delusion that they have the stronger hand. I suppose if he was truly Machiavellian he could let the Senate pass both bills, thus allowing the Dump bill to fail in the House, have Dump veto the clean bill, and then take the Walk of Pity to 1600 and tell Dump "all I have to do to effectively end your presidency is override your veto, so, here's how the next 2 years are gonna go..."

That's what a John C. Calhoun or a Henry Clay would do. The Hill is not for the faint of heart.
                                So here's the risk- dumpy's proposal gets defeated 52-47 (need 60 to win). And the straight bill gets defeated 50-49 (need 60 to win). Both loose, sure.

But right now, it seems the odds that the straight bill gets R converts is a lot better than dump's bill getting D converts. Far, far more people want the government just open, and a gross majority don't want a wall. If all of the anti-our taxes going to the wall people call their representation- there would be a good chance there's enough to override.

And if that happens, it just shows that Mitch is a poor leader. Heck, if any more than the 3 decide to vote for the very temporary bill- one could say that Mitch should have had the votes weeks ago, and he's a terrible leader. It would make the easiest way to run against him of all time "You had the votes to end the shutdown in the first days, and you didn't"....

Mitch has nothing, other than a title, for his legacy. The judges were not his idea, the tax cut wasn't his idea, and the tax cut almost didn't happen like the health care bill. A good leader would have had that in the bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X