Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    They're all rich. That does NOTHING. Could you once have a good idea or a decent take?
    I know my new Congressman would feel it. I'm pretty sure Rep AOC would feel it. Both are fairly young and 'net searches don't show them as very wealthy.

Now Pelosi or Hoeven (my senior senator), feel it? Nope, not at all.

But I do not believe Congress should be paid in a shutdown.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      I know my new Congressman would feel it. I'm pretty sure Rep AOC would feel it. Both are fairly young and 'net searches don't show them as very wealthy.

Now Pelosi or Hoeven (my senior senator), feel it? Nope, not at all.

The House is doing it's job. It's the rich ****s in the Senate who are not.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If that's true and they are a separate branch tell the ****ing turtle to get off his *** and pass some legislation instead of making Dump the leader of the Senate.
        McConnell and the Senate did ... and then Trump's pen mysteriously ran out of ink.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

McConnell and the Senate did ... and then Trump's pen mysteriously ran out of ink.
          There's piles of legislation from the House. Override the Veto. Do your job. The fact that your given Turtle Boy a pass speaks volumes.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The House is doing it's job. It's the rich ****s in the Senate who are not.
            Top six MoCs by wealth are in the House.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ress_by_wealth

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Top six MoCs by wealth are in the House.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ress_by_wealth
              On Average Senators are richer than House members.

Comment

Pelosi is a member of Congress. The Executive Branch (Dept of State) does foreign policy.

And it's not just her and this case: Members of Congress boondoggling and taking junkets to foreign lands has long bothered me. Get out into your districts. (<-- To most MoCs that is a foreign land.)
                Pelosi holds a Constitutional position (Speaker) and is 2nd in the line of succession. Congressional delegations to foreign countries and to visit the military are normal and often bi partisan.

Comment

Override the Veto.
                  2/3 of both houses to override.

In today's fractured, dysfunctional Congress, heck, political climate, there's a better chance of you and me being the starting opposing goalies in this year's Stanley Cup.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

In today's fractured, dysfunctional Congress, heck, political climate, there's a better chance of you and me being the starting opposing goalies in this year's Stanley Cup.
                    2/3 of both Houses want the Government open. That's why Turtle Boy won't do it.

Comment

Why do you hate the Constitution? 27th Amendment prohibits changes to Congressional compensation until the next session state.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Pelosi holds a Constitutional position (Speaker) and is 2nd in the line of succession. Congressional delegations to foreign countries and to visit the military are normal and often bi partisan.
                        Should they be normal (and I'm speaking of the foreign visit piece as it smells like something that is the Executive's; I can almost rationalize visiting US forces as those may be from the MoC's district*).

*Withholding comment about are the far-flung places we have forces.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Senate passed the exact same legislation to reopen the government by voice vote in December. Why was it ok them but bad now?

Comment

Why do you hate the Constitution? 27th Amendment prohibits changes to Congressional compensation until the next session state.
                            Furloughed. They'll get back pay when the government re-opens. No Constitutional issue.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The Senate passed the exact same legislation to reopen the government by voice vote in December. Why was it ok them but bad now?
                              116th Congress. Democrat controlled House. New world. Same dysfunctional government.

As I've said, to me all this is more proof that to MoCs ... Party > Country.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Furloughed. They'll get back pay when the government re-opens. No Constitutional issue.
                                That's not how it works, numb nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X