Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...ump-putin-2017

“‘Vladimir Putin told me,’ [Trump] said, ‘that it couldn’t have been the Russians who hacked into the DNC because they’re so good at cyber that they wouldn’t have been caught.’ And he said he was really impressed by that argument,” Sanger told CNN.
    The great negotiator, ladies and gentlemen!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan
    Oooh dump says he’ll cancel pelosi trip abroad
    Honestly, she should have seen that coming, but the fact that Trump's response was essentially:

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Also revealing she was going to Syria and Afghanistan are nice cute little security breaches.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        Also revealing she was going to Syria and Afghanistan are nice cute little security breaches.
        Seeing on Twitter that it was a trip to Afganistan, with a pilot switch/layover in Brussels where she was going to meet with NATO allies; Egypt (as cited by Trump) wasn't a destination.

Agreed. So much for not telegraphing our adversaries our plans...

Also cute how Trump was able to make the trip to Iraq under the cloak of secrecy without "concern for security detail being paid" yet Nancy's was a concern...
        Last edited by aparch; 01-17-2019, 02:56 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The other thing I've seen floated around, and Kep, Sic, and others who have first/second hand knowledge can confirm, is that those carrying security clearances that are not being paid currently because of the shutdown could have their clearance(/and thus job) taken away because of bad finances.

Which, I assume is to prevent someone with bad credit and a good security clearance from cozying up to a national adversary in an effort to reap financial windfall. *cough*Manafort*cough*Trump*cough*
          Last edited by aparch; 01-17-2019, 02:55 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Probably hoping someone would shoot it down.

Didn't have to go to that trouble. All he had to do was tell Putie. Putie would take care of the arrangements. Done it before.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              The other thing I've seen floated around, and Kep, Sic, and others who have first/second hand knowledge can confirm, is that those carrying security clearances that are not being paid currently because of the shutdown could have their clearance(/and thus job) taken away because of bad finances.

Which, I assume is to prevent someone with bad credit and a good security clearance from cozying up to a national adversary in an effort to reap financial windfall. *cough*Manafort*cough*Trump*cough*
              That probably will not happen. People with clearances do a Financial Disclosure Form every 2 years. It's invasive as f-ck -- basically the form we will force the rich to fill out after we impose the Piketty 10% annual Wealth Tax.

There are automated reviews of FDFs to determine sudden and inexplicable increases in assets (drug trafficking and bribe taking), inexplicable decreases in assets (drug taking and gambling), and also explicable decreases in assets. The last of these isn't an issue in and of itself, particularly in this case when the economic hardship is directly traceable to the Impotent Rube Clown and not some behavior of the subject.

Also: it's not as if a computer review kills your clearance. At worst it flags your account and passes it on to the nebbishy humans with the green visors who examine your case. Or would if there wasn't a 600,000 case backlog thanks to OPM practicing INFOSEC on par with the "girlz keep out!" sign on a pre-teen tree fort.
              Last edited by Kepler; 01-17-2019, 04:05 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In a perfect demonstration of how this White house has no idea of the ramifications their actions and policy can have(government shutdown, anyone?), how policy is enacted on the fly and shooting from the hip without any long term planning or strategizing, the Russian Asset has now had to cancel a long planned trip by his staff to the economic council in Davos.

Primarily because the excuse they dreamed up to cancel Pelosi's trip, out of spite, also applies to their own trips.

The best people.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that he has now essentially agreed with Pelosi about the need to cancel plans because of the shutdown.

Also, while it's certainly possible they didn't think about the impact on the Davos trip, I think it's far more likely that Trump didn't care. It should surprise nobody to learn that childish payback is more important to him than conducting the business of the country.
                  Last edited by GrinCDXX; 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Apparently the SOTU should not happen. And Trump's trip was a complete waste of time and money. He should have been here figuring out how he was going to avoid a shutdown.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Putin's wet dream would be riots, more domestic terrorism, and even armed revolt if this shutdown accelerates an economic slump (which it will, if it persists much longer).

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        Not to mention the fact that he has now essentially agreed with Pelosi about the need to cancel plans because of the shutdown.

Also, while it's certainly possible they didn't think about the impact on the Davos trip, I think it's far more likely that Trump didn't care. It should surprise nobody to learn that childish payback is more important to him than conducting the business of the country.
                        Sure, the payback was his main aim. But then some of the rest of the staff had to look at that and see it wasn't gonna look good, it would be an even more obvious case of spiteful payback, if other overseas trips were allowed to happen.

I guess it's a valid point; no one there was going to be able to talk him out of shivving Nancy. But that just illustrates how haphazard and off the rails policy-making is with this administration. Seat of the pants, fly by night, depending on the whims of the Russian Asset. The man with his finger on the nuclear button.

Comment

Will be fun to watch Georgia lawmakers in next few weeks as the airport grinds to a halt before the super bowl

Comment

Thanks Kep! I figured a few of you around here would know much better than those speculating on Twitter.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X