Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Neither side wants it because if they did they'd be negotiating on a bipartisan basis away from the WH and then going to POTUS with their plan (and as Scoob say, knowing they have the votes for an override).

Both sides think this is a political winner for them. I think it's ripe opportunity for a third-party. (That said, Scoob, please keep Jesse Ventura busy and away from microphones. )
    And that is a lie. You can pretend this is a case of "both sides dont want to negotiate" but it isnt true. Both sides DID negotiate...the deal was set. Even Mitch wasnt against it. Then Paul Ryan and Trump blew it up and the GOP walked away. It had nothing to do with "new Congress, new rules" it had to do with the fact that the head of the Party wanted something no one else wants and said he would shut down the government to get it. He wanted no deals without his Wall...the one Mexico was paying for.

This is nothing new...McCain did the same thing during the financial crisis. When the original deal was finally agreed upon (before McCain went to Washington while "suspending his campaign") everything was agreed upon by both sides. McCain showed up, said he hated the deal and he wanted to fix it and the GOP walked away because as the Presidential Candidate he was the defacto leader of the party. Meanwhile the Democrats voted for the deal they all agreed upon.

You can try and pretend this is a "Congressional" problem but it isnt. This is a full on GOP problem. It didnt start that way, they tried to prevent the shutdown. Then their Monster opened his yap and they followed like lemmings. Stop saying "MOC" (which is just a different form of a false equivalency) and put the blame where it belongs. Have an independent thought for once...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      And that is a lie. You can pretend this is a case of "both sides dont want to negotiate" but it isnt true. Both sides DID negotiate...the deal was set. Even Mitch wasnt against it. Then Paul Ryan and Trump blew it up and the GOP walked away. It had nothing to do with "new Congress, new rules" it had to do with the fact that the head of the Party wanted something no one else wants and said he would shut down the government to get it. He wanted no deals without his Wall...the one Mexico was paying for.

This is nothing new...McCain did the same thing during the financial crisis. When the original deal was finally agreed upon (before McCain went to Washington while "suspending his campaign") everything was agreed upon by both sides. McCain showed up, said he hated the deal and he wanted to fix it and the GOP walked away because as the Presidential Candidate he was the defacto leader of the party. Meanwhile the Democrats voted for the deal they all agreed upon.

You can try and pretend this is a "Congressional" problem but it isnt. This is a full on GOP problem. It didnt start that way, they tried to prevent the shutdown. Then their Monster opened his yap and they followed like lemmings. Stop saying "MOC" (which is just a different form of a false equivalency) and put the blame where it belongs. Have an independent thought for once...
      Yes. This is a full on, Treasonous Cult, Republican Party is completely dysfunctional and is a cancer on the entire United States and needs to be removed. Unfortunately there is no cure for cancer. We need to hope for remission. And the Chemo ****ing sucks to go through.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

In this case, yes. Between Ryan and McConnell they should've had it figured out before trying it.

However, no negotiating is not a great look for either side. Entrenched partisans is not a good look.
        No negotiating is working great for Democrats. Why should they negotiate they are on the right side of the issue. The Wall is not popular...it polls awful. It costs Billions of dollars and doesnt even solve the intended problem.

You know for someone who doesnt watch Faux you sure do sound like my dad who does nothing but watch Faux if he watches politics. He always says the Dems should negotiate and that their refusal to do so is why he dislikes them...especially Pelosi. He never says that about the GOP (he hates them for other reasons) just the Dems. He also false equivocates both sides to be the problem just like you do.

The only negotiation is to not fund the Wall. They had a deal before without the Wall, it was negotiated in good faith by both sides. The GOP gambled with the bait and switch and now they are staring down the barrel of a 3 month long shutdown and nothing but bad press. The only ones blaming the Dems for this are the same ones who would blame the Dems if Trump shot a man on live TV. Even Right leaning polls have this tanking Trump's and the GOPs numbers. But yeah...it looks bad for the Dems
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Czechoslovakians?
          John Winger: C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like we're going into Wisconsin.
          Russell Ziskey: Well, I got the #$@! kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            So now we know the GOP is not unified on this...

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Politically the "good" thing here is the both sides do it argument is a political loser for the cult. Chump and the rest of Putin's assistants have much, much more to lose. The Wall ("we don't need no education"...sorry couldn't resist) is Chump's signature issue. While his base likes seeing migrant children crying in cages, he didn't run on that specifically. He did run on building the wall. If he doesn't get it built, even his base will now see him as an impotent old BS artist. Doesn't mean they won't still support him but its a huge letdown.

On the other hand not only does Pelosi have public opinion on her side, she can cough up some "border security" money and call it a day without capitulating. Dems have always said they want more border security. In fact, the only way I see out of this is if Dems vote for border security funds not to be used for the wall, but Chump then redirects money previously in the budget to extend some miniscule portion of the wall and declares some sort of weird victory over it.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Mueller recoups another $4.6M. https://***********/kylegriffin1/sta...10370643423239

Paying for itself!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  High Taxes?

What a ****ing clown.
                  Robert Reich did an interesting editorial about taxes and debt... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7i9uXWrgq4

Very much explains why the conservatives have been pushing higher and higher debt along with lower and lower taxes for the rich.

if you don't want to watch, the story basically is 1) lower taxes to keep more money, 2) lower taxes to increase debt so that you can buy the bonds. Profit both ways. Most of the US debt is held by US people, and a gross majority of those are in the 1%- who have a financial interest in BOTH lowering their taxes AND increasing debt. It's good for them.

Sucks for us, since we pay higher interest in stuff....

And they somehow sucker people like drew to think that they are being financially conservative with all of our money.....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Robert Reich did an interesting editorial about taxes and debt... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7i9uXWrgq4

Very much explains why the conservatives have been pushing higher and higher debt along with lower and lower taxes for the rich.

if you don't want to watch, the story basically is 1) lower taxes to keep more money, 2) lower taxes to increase debt so that you can buy the bonds. Profit both ways. Most of the US debt is held by US people, and a gross majority of those are in the 1%- who have a financial interest in BOTH lowering their taxes AND increasing debt. It's good for them.

Sucks for us, since we pay higher interest in stuff....

And they somehow sucker people like drew to think that they are being financially conservative with all of our money.....
                    Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't thought of that.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Very interesting read on Comrade Chump:

https://www.justsecurity.org/62300/t...rse-watergate/
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Neither side wants it because if they did they'd be negotiating on a bipartisan basis away from the WH and then going to POTUS with their plan (and as Scoob say, knowing they have the votes for an override).

Both sides think this is a political winner for them. I think it's ripe opportunity for a third-party. (That said, Scoob, please keep Jesse Ventura busy and away from microphones. )
                        Dude, stop waiting for someone else to make a third party and do it. Or support one of the many ones that are out there a LOT more so that they get more support.

The current two parties are not the ones we've had all the time, and there's no law that means ONLY two parties.

Just do it.

If you don't like any of the options, go form your own, for crying out loud.

Don't you ever get tired of waiting for other people to make the party you want so much??? You spend so much time twisting your thinking to find a way to conclude that both parties are doing bad things, yet you still have not figured out that you are not convincing very many that the D's are the problem. For sure, I think the R party are just a bunch of greedy people- as they JUST do things that make themselves money. The fact that they even sniff this moron in the white house tells me that it's not principles that they are going after, but money.

So you find D's bad, got it. You seem to think R's are bad (kinda).

And you somehow expect SOMEONE ELSE to solve your problem? Good luck with that.

Comment

The Democrats have no reason to appease Trump. The only people blaming them for the shut down is Trump’s 30% army. Latest poll I saw was 52 Trump/31 Dems/5 GOP and then 13 who either don’t know/care/have a clue a shut down is going on.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I’m sure it’s both sides fault that the Rs didn’t pass wall funding the last two years

Comment

I am going to Vegas in a few hours...sadly I am flying Sun Country (I bought before they decided to overprice their crap) so I am at the smaller terminal so I dont get to use Clear :/ I doubt my TSA Pre Check will help me today
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Here we have the President threatening a witness's father-in-law: https://***********/realDonaldTrump/...77705916502017

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X