Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/19/2018

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Was it part of the season ticket package? That is, could you have refused it when you bought your season tickets?
    Ralph; Good questions.

1) Was it part of the season ticket package?- Yes

2) That is, could you have refused it when you bought your season tickets?- Absolutely not. If you refuse to pay for this game in another arena, in another city and in an area where Medicare card holders who generally go to RPI games alone would rather not be walking around after dark, you are NOT ALLOWED to purchase a season ticket. Of course, you can always choose not buy a season ticket. However, if you make that choice you lose the seat you have held since 1977 near people you have sat with for almost all of that time. Needless to say, your parking spot is also gone. If that sounds like a shakedown, it probably is.

P.S. To the best of my knowledge AND according to two Union season ticket holders I worked with prior to all of us retiring, Union fans were only subjected to this "arrangement" for the very first cup game. Again, according to my two former cohorts, a very high percentage of Union season ticket holders made it crystal clear that in the future the cup game was to be off the season ticket package or they would not be renewing their season tickets. It ceased immediately. After that first season, I do recall my two former cohorts occasionally ribbing me about how dumb we RPI fans must be to allow ourselves to be subjected to this required by force purchase beyond that first year. Further, they thought I was among the dumbest of them all for continuing to make this pressured payment without ever actually attending the actual event. Frankly, they found it quite easy to get this thing off their season ticket packages simply by speaking up.

Yes Ralph, it appears that someone who made a single game purchase for this event last Saturday and never as much as sets foot in either of the campus rinks is entitled to a refund if they do not want to attend on the makeup date. On the other hand, RPI season ticket holders get no refund for any reason.

Finally, money is NOT an issue here. Bluntly, money has not been an issue in this household for quite some time and likely never will be. The problem is that this whole thing simply does not sound right, look right or smell right.

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
      Ralph; Good questions.

2) That is, could you have refused it when you bought your season tickets?- Absolutely not. If you refuse to pay for this game in another arena, in another city and in an area where Medicare card holders who generally go to RPI games alone would rather not be walking around after dark, you are NOT ALLOWED to purchase a season ticket. Of course, you can always choose not buy a season ticket. However, if you make that choice you lose the seat you have held since 1977 near people you have sat with for almost all of that time. Needless to say, your parking spot is also gone. If that sounds like a shakedown, it probably is.

P.S. To the best of my knowledge AND according to two Union season ticket holders I worked with prior to all of us retiring, Union fans were only subjected to this "arrangement" for the very first cup game. Again, according to my two former cohorts, a very high percentage of Union season ticket holders made it crystal clear that in the future the cup game was to be off the season ticket package or they would not be renewing their season tickets. It ceased immediately. After that first season, I do recall my two former cohorts occasionally ribbing me about how dumb we RPI fans must be to allow ourselves to be subjected to this required by force purchase beyond that first year. Further, they thought I was among the dumbest of them all for continuing to make this pressured payment without ever actually attending the actual event. Frankly, they found it quite easy to get this thing off their season ticket packages simply by speaking up.

Yes Ralph, it appears that someone who made a single game purchase for this event last Saturday and never as much as sets foot in either of the campus rinks is entitled to a refund if they do not want to attend on the makeup date. On the other hand, RPI season ticket holders get no refund for any reason.

Finally, money is NOT an issue here. Bluntly, money has not been an issue in this household for quite some time and likely never will be. The problem is that this whole thing simply does not sound right, look right or smell right.
      To me what does not sound right is that RPI included it in their package at the beginning. That they don't offer a refund now is consistent with that.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To me what does not sound right is that RPI included it in their package at the beginning. That they don't offer a refund now is consistent with that.
        Do you blame them? Season ticket holders (probably ones who also included an additional sizable donation with their package) probably wanted to be guaranteed a seat at the TUC for that game. So it was included. And given the 'tute's desperation for money (aren't they over a billion in debt and close to junk rating), #2 of tony/troy's rant will focus on the desire to have a specific seat, so they know he'll still buy even if it's there, so why change anything?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Do you blame them? Season ticket holders (probably ones who also included an additional sizable donation with their package) probably wanted to be guaranteed a seat at the TUC for that game. So it was included. And given the 'tute's desperation for money (aren't they over a billion in debt and close to junk rating), #2 of tony/troy's rant will focus on the desire to have a specific seat, so they know he'll still buy even if it's there, so why change anything?
          I didn't think that the game came close to a sellout of the TUC. IMO, it could be optionally included with the season ticket.

To be honest, seats at the HFH are quite cheap when compared to those at many other college rinks. I have not seen a complete list.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I didn't think that the game came close to a sellout of the TUC. IMO, it could be optionally included with the season ticket.

To be honest, seats at the HFH are quite cheap when compared to those at many other college rinks. I have not seen a complete list.
            Just to clarify, that as part of the RPI season ticket package VOUCHERS for the Mayors Cup Game are included. Long suffering RPI fans who spend their hard earned money on tickets and who are interested in attending the event must make an additional trip to the TUC box office to trade the vouchers for actual tickets.

My memory is foggy, but I seem to recall that early on, they did include actual TUC tickets in the season ticket mailings, but it was short lived, likely due to the incompetence of the TUC box office ...but I'll stand corrected on this.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I went to the HFH box office to trade my 2 vouchers and purchased 4 additional tickets. No need to go to the TUC to get them unless you work down that way. I usually end up sitting in the upper deck anyways so I just get any random seats.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                Ralph; Good questions.

Sell the tickets to the TUC game to someone and make back the money you spent for the game you don't plan on attending.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Sell the tickets to the TUC game to someone and make back the money you spent for the game you don't plan on attending.
                  Frankly, selling it is not worth the bother. Most times I just threw it away. Just did not get around to doing it this time around and one other time previously. This time it temporarily appeared to result in a refund. Since I had a medical appointment in the very next building on Tuesday, why the heck not walk to the Fieldhouse and get my money back on the same trip? Needless to say, did not happen.

The previous time actually ended up being worth the money in a roundabout way. I gave the ticket to a young couple with a then six or seven year old. The kid enjoyed the game itself. However, he absolutely loved the post game when someone who looks like Mongo from Blazing Saddles tried to punch out someone who looks like Bobby Darin from the stage of the Fabulous Flamingo or the Sands in Vegas.

Comment

Here we go again? The weather outlook for Tuesday is taking a somewhat ominous turn.

From the National Weather Service: "We should see a period of steady snow between Monday night and Wednesday..... a significant snowfall can't be ruled out during the middle of the week for our area."

https://forecast.weather.gov/product...n=1&glossary=1

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                      Here we go again? The weather outlook for Tuesday is taking a somewhat ominous turn.

From the National Weather Service: "We should see a period of steady snow between Monday night and Wednesday..... a significant snowfall can't be ruled out during the middle of the week for our area."

https://forecast.weather.gov/product...n=1&glossary=1
                      Ha ha. Can't make it up.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                      X