• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI vs. Union (Mayor's Cup) Saturday, 1/19/2018

His current thoughts.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I used to work for the wife of U Albany’s Associate AD (after McElroy) and tried to convince him to put ice making equipment under the new stadium when it was being built. No go, but I was told that he considered it
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            Interesting to note that Union is 7-1-3 in non-conference games. RPI is a much less impressive 3-8.

In non-conference games against teams that are not members of the ECAC, the Dutchmen are 7-0-2, including a victory over St. Cloud State, who was # 1 in the country at the time, in the Three Rivers Classic tournament.

In non-conference games against teams that are members of the ECAC, they are 0-1-1, including a tie against Yale in the Friendship Four and a loss to Brown in the Three Rivers Classic, the day after Union had beaten St. Cloud State.

On paper, Union ought to win Saturday's game against RPI pretty handily and take the Mayor's Cup home to Schenectady. Of course, on paper, they should have walked all over Brown and taken the championship of the Three Rivers Classic.
            Both teams have nothing to lose and everything to lose at the same time. "On paper" Union is a team that is playing inconsistently to the extreme. They play great at times and lousy at others. RPI is developing an identity. They now have shown they can beat teams on par with them or below. Now they have to show they can beat teams above them in the standings. RPI is trying to "become Union" in the sense they want to show they can beat anyone on any given night and Union is desperately trying not to become the RPI of the first half of the season. So, in that regard this should be a great game. Union trying to avenge their earlier losses to RPI and show they belong in the top 20. RPI trying to show those wins were not a fluke and that their improvement since the holidays is the real deal. I hate to say this, sort of cliche-ish, but I think it will come down to goal tending. And staying out of the penalty box. I would be very surprised to see a blowout on either side. Good reason to head down early, get a good parking spot, and watch the women, where a great goaltender will show Union the door.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A State of Emergency went into effect in Albany County at 11 a.m. Saturday.

The Union-RPI basketball doubleheader has been postponed.

The Mayor's Cup lives on! For now, at least.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-19-2019, 12:05 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ecachawkeyfan View Post
                      A State of Emergency went into effect in Albany County at 11 a.m. Saturday.

The Union-RPI basketball doubleheader has been postponed.

The Mayor's Cup lives on! For now, at least.
                      Nanny state. What a joke.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        QFT. Welcome to King Cuomo land. Already shut down the interstates in THE ENTIRE STATE to truckers. Funny thing is, when I went out to Minnesota in 2012, the highways were a lot safer through Cleveland's blizzard when I was behind trucks at a safe distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          You are tall enough to see over snow drifts -- some of us are not.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            QFT. Welcome to King Cuomo land. Already shut down the interstates in THE ENTIRE STATE to truckers. Funny thing is, when I went out to Minnesota in 2012, the highways were a lot safer through Cleveland's blizzard when I was behind trucks at a safe distance.
                            Are you sure about that being the entire state? I wouldn't think that there is a reason to shutdown I-495 on LI to truckers, for example.

Two possible explanations which I can think of.
                            1. FD doesn't regard the NYC metro area as NYS.
                            2. Your typical fake news post.

I am not denying that Cuomo is shutting down the Thruway and other upstate interstates, and I do not have enough information to say if it is prudent.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-19-2019, 01:01 PM. Reason: typo
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              What a bunch of wimps. It's winter. The bulk of the storm isn't expected until after both games were completed. I remember a few years ago going to a game at the TU Center. After the game cars were all over the road. It was almost as much fun as the game. If snow controlled games, half the NCAA schedule would be cancelled.This storm hit Wisconsin last night and the Badgers and Notre Dame played on. Oh well the Devils and Anaheim will just have to suffice.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X