Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AOC Rules!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Having been raised Catholic it really did nail it.
    I (part of the unwashed) showed it to my wife (one of the true faith) and she was in tears. We watch it routinely now. She always wished her Aunt (Dominican Nun) could have seen it. It would have been an interesting discussion as Sister Jackie was heavy in the faith but not always in step with Mother Church. My wife's favorite quote:
    I have issues with anyone who treats God like a burden instead of a blessing, like some Catholics. You people don't celebrate your faith. You mourn it.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

The mourning line, I just slow-nodded to that, as to my memories of K-8 Catholic school, yes, with the ruler-bearing nuns.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

One of my favorite exchanges when they're talking about the abortion protesters.

Liz: You're Catholic, can't you talk to them?

Bethany: They hate me more than you. At least you have an excuse, you're Jewish, you don't know any better.

Liz: I don't think they'd accept that one, we used that one already when we killed Christ.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          One of my favorite exchanges when they're talking about the abortion protesters.

Liz: You're Catholic, can't you talk to them?

Bethany: They hate me more than you. At least you have an excuse, you're Jewish, you don't know any better.

Liz: I don't think they'd accept that one, we used that one already when we killed Christ.
          That was so classic.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The best of Dogma is Kevin Smith's story of him protesting at a screening.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

This is supposed to be the time for AOC pix! Not siskel and ebert
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And start retrofitting existing housing. Which I think Minnesota has done some of that already.
                Its a no brainer in certain parts of the country, pairing them with mini split heat pumps is also a no brainer in the south as AC is needed when the sun shines. I've seen smaller mini splits with SEER of 40 now. Thats unreal. https://www.coolingpost.com/world-ne...42-seer-split/
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

A guy at work's kid sells panels with smart inverters built into them- and you can just string them together. Right now, $400 for 400W, plug in.
                  Just plug them off grid but not so if its grid tied. Micro inverters have been around a long time. They have become much more reliable and have some advantages.

Comment

That must have come as a shock to the men of Projects Mercury and Gemini....
                    Or Man High/Excelsior. Red Bull my ***.

Comment

That must have come as a shock to the men of Projects Mercury and Gemini who had already flown missions by then, and for that matter the Apollo Program which was already a year old when Kennedy made his speech.
                      Kennedy's famous speech to congress came in May of 1961. At that time the United States had flown just one Mercury mission, Alan Shepherd's 15 minute, suborbital flight. It was 9 months before an American even orbited the earth and nearly 4 years before the first manned mission of Project Gemini. Yes we had a "space program" when Kennedy called for a man on the Moon, but just barely. At the time the Apollo project was mostly nothing more than a larger follow-up to Project Mercury, with most of its funding dedicated to determining if we could even put multi-person teams into space. Many in NASA at the time did not believe we could accomplish such a lofty goal of landing on the Moon, and before the first Gemini missions some in NASA even wondered if the only way TO accomplish it would be a multi national approach, including partnering with the Soviets.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Just plug them off grid but not so if its grid tied. Micro inverters have been around a long time. They have become much more reliable and have some advantages.
                        Yes they have, but how many panel-micro inverter systems are being marketed right now? Especially when it's designed to be modular- buy them in the bulk you can afford, and just add more as you can. Without storage, the cost of power my MIL's home is just $4k- which is pretty amazing (yes, her service is that small).

Comment

Yes they have, but how many panel-micro inverter systems are being marketed right now? Especially when it's designed to be modular- buy them in the bulk you can afford, and just add more as you can. Without storage, the cost of power my MIL's home is just $4k- which is pretty amazing (yes, her service is that small).
                          Most any panel can have a micro inverter. Companies make them not tied to a panel. You add them as you go. I havent looked lately but Sunny Boy used to make one. There are other manifacturers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, forgive me for not knowing the current state of the art that supports AOC's arguments....

There's far too much internet fluff to really believe it, which makes finding the real situation close to impossible.

Comment

Well, forgive me for not knowing the current state of the art that supports AOC's arguments....

There's far too much internet fluff to really believe it, which makes finding the real situation close to impossible.
                              The installers I know have stayed away from micro inverters because having electronics sitting on a roof isnt the nicest enviroment for them. A large system could have 20 or 30 micro inverters on roof. They are combing strings and bringing them down into a large inverter in basement/garage etc. Easier maintenance if necessary. But old habits die hard and micros have improved.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

https://conservativepost.com/comprom...d-immediately/

Mercy!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X