Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AOC Rules!

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    "Institutions can engage in unlimited financing of fossil fuels, building unstable pipelines + reaping profits, but when the bill comes to clean up oil spills & fix damages - they can conveniently kick the can."

If you're liable if you finance something, 1) Dakota will just cut costs - afterall, Wells is forced to pay for catastrophies. Where does it end? Wells would then be responsible for unlimited homeowner negligence? 2) cost to borrow anything would skyrocket - financial institutions would and pretty much must pass on the costs. When posters on a message board can poke holes in ideas...they're not well thought out.
    Well, you go back to Joe Biden and get down with your bad self. Me, I appreciate the out of the box thinking.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Well, you go back to Joe Biden and get down with your bad self. Me, I appreciate the out of the box thinking.
      Like out of the box thinking. Don't like the idea of the costs of one party's negligence forced on another party - who will then push it onto the public.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Like out of the box thinking. Don't like the idea of the costs of one party's negligence forced on another party - who will then push it onto the public.
        The public is already paying it. Hello.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"Institutions can engage in unlimited financing of fossil fuels, building unstable pipelines + reaping profits, but when the bill comes to clean up oil spills & fix damages - they can conveniently kick the can."

If you're liable if you finance something..
          I'm not sure there's a practical application behind what people perceive she's arguing, but more importantly I'm not sure she's literally suggesting there be one. More so she's hoping to initiate a dialogue when it comes to laissez faire business transactions. It's worth exploring whether or not lenders should have skin in the game when knowingly financing business adventures that adversely put the public at risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I'm not sure there's a practical application behind what people perceive she's arguing, but more importantly I'm not sure she's literally suggesting there be one. More so she's hoping to initiate a dialogue when it comes to laissez faire business transactions. It's worth exploring whether or not lenders should have skin in the game when knowingly financing business adventures that adversely put the public at risk.
            Beautifully stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Nice to have a thoughtful response. You may be reading more into her commentary then there is...but lets say for a minute that's true. I don't think it changes the broader point. Why hold just lenders accountable? What about product suppliers? What about raw material providers? What about accountants? What about every single organization that chooses to work with said company? What is the real reason that we single out loans vis a vis any other enabling product or service?

I don't think so. Let's just have full government oversight to make sure there isn't undue risk...and then put full liability on those responsible if the worst happens. Nobody else is to blame for a criminals activities.
              Last edited by 5mn_Major; 03-13-2019, 04:35 PM.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Nice to have a thoughtful response. You may be reading more into her commentary then there is...but lets say for a minute that's true. I don't think it changes the broader point. Why hold just lenders accountable? What about product suppliers? What about raw material providers? What about accountants? What about every single organization that chooses to work with said company? What is the real reason that we single out loans vis a vis any other enabling product or service?

I don't think so. Let's just have full government oversight to make sure there isn't undue risk...and then put full liability on those responsible if the worst happens. Nobody else is to blame for a criminals activities.
                I don't think she's trying to single lenders out - as I said she's suggesting something is amiss and that there's too much deregulation on many fronts.

Comment

I don't think she's trying to single lenders out - as I said she's suggesting something is amiss and that there's too much deregulation on many fronts.
                  Ah. Perhaps your right.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Comment

That's how the socialization of externalities works right now.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        That's how the socialization of externalities works right now.
                        5mn_Major doesn't realize that the taxpayer has been paying all along.

Comment

When did Ithaca City College become tier 1?
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is 100% accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              When did Ithaca City College become tier 1?
                              SUNY Ithaca.

Know your terminology!
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If mookie doesn’t pay the mortgage, the bank (lender) takes ownership.

If PG&E file for bankruptcy to avoid their bills.... bond holders.....???
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X