Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: AOC Rules!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Then as a counterpoint, why are bartenders held to a higher standard than corporations?

Fu** it, let's take away bartender responsibility. They're only there to make profit from drinkers anyway. Who gives a sh** if they over serve someone and that someone drives drunk and kills a family in an automobile crash.
    Yes, that was the point. And it was a good one.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Not sure how the discussion ended up here but I will grudgingly admit that Hovey has a point. If FedEx had a pristine record of hiring pilots, so much so that WF lent them money to expand their fleet, and then afterwards FedEx either hired a bad one or an existing one went downhill, I don't see how WF for all their faults is in any way responsible for any damages. I would also question if the court system would even allow a law like that to exist but I'll let the many legal beagles out here answer that.

I'm not aware of bartenders being criminally charged for overserving somebody and then them getting into an accident? The bar itself will get sued if that's where the person got loaded at however and liability insurance for this very reason tends to be significant in this industry.
      Good. Then the liability insurance for building a ****ing pipeline should be significant as well. It's not.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Good. Then the liability insurance for building a ****ing pipeline should be significant as well. It's not.
        I have no idea if it is or it isn't. How do you know?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          What AOC and you are really asking Wells Fargo to do, by the way, is essentially be the insurance company for the pipelines. Well, we already have insurance companies. We have an entire industry that handles insurance, why are you trying to make companies like Wells Fargo do that?
          If there are actual insurance companies, then why are tax payers regularly the ones paying for the clean up?

Seems to me that either the companies don't actually have insurance OR that the insurance isn't enough. Otherwise, this would not be a discussion.

So without actual insurance, then the person who lends them the money should do their best to make sure they do good job.

We keep talking about liability, and the real issue is that nobody is stepping up to be liable. Especially liable enough to make sure that the very simple pipe is safe enough. Come on, here, we are not talking about a complex machine that has millions of different parts that do different things so that the machine can do it's job- it's a pipe. How is it that they keep getting them so wrong?

Someone is not doing their job, so someone OTHER than landholder and tax payers need to be held liable.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            If there are actual insurance companies, then why are tax payers regularly the ones paying for the clean up?

Seems to me that either the companies don't actually have insurance OR that the insurance isn't enough. Otherwise, this would not be a discussion.

So without actual insurance, then the person who lends them the money should do their best to make sure they do good job.

We keep talking about liability, and the real issue is that nobody is stepping up to be liable. Especially liable enough to make sure that the very simple pipe is safe enough. Come on, here, we are not talking about a complex machine that has millions of different parts that do different things so that the machine can do it's job- it's a pipe. How is it that they keep getting them so wrong?

Someone is not doing their job, so someone OTHER than landholder and tax payers need to be held liable.
            Yes. Yes. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I have no idea if it is or it isn't. How do you know?
              Who is paying for the clean up? That would answer your question.

Comment

Didn’t BP pony up a boatload of money for the Deepwater Horizon accident?
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  Didn’t BP pony up a boatload of money for the Deepwater Horizon accident?
                  Didn't BP sue the rig owners and operators, the well manufacturer, and associated maintenance companies for their "negligence" in the upkeep of the oil rig?

And then wasnt BP shamed into participating in the cleanup costs?
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Also, isnt Exxon still fighting paying for continued cleanup and associated lawsuits from the Exxon Valdez crash?

So they should just be able to wash their hands of having a drunk boat pilot from 1989?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Also, isnt Exxon still fighting paying for continued cleanup and associated lawsuits from the Exxon Valdez crash?

So they should just be able to wash their hands of having a drunk boat pilot from 1989?
                      They should not be allowed to fight it.

Comment

And to answer this question for you:
                        https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...02/jcaf.22306#
                        While BP was paying all the spill response costs, the company sought reimbursement from other owners of the Macondo well and contractors BP hired for the drilling operation. BP started to bill Anadarko and MOEX from July 2010, while filing in U.S. courts for damages of up to $80 billion, the total cost of the spill, in December 2010. Consequently, various actions and claims were filed by BP and cross‐filed by other responsible parties against BP (see Exhibit 1 for details of legal proceeding between BP and other related parties). Besides the operating majority owner BP (65%), there were two other co‐owners of the oil well, Anadarko (25%) and MOEX (10%). Under the operating agreement between them, BP was to perform the drilling of the well in a good manner and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. There were multiple service providers involved in the operation.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          Just like if WF was partially held responsible, they would do a better job knowing what they are financing, ...
                          By that same theory Wells Fargo shouldn't make car loans to people who might violate traffic laws (simple failures), lest Wells be held liable for someone's bad driving choices (dumb failures) that may cause great harms.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            By that same theory Wells Fargo shouldn't make car loans to people who might violate traffic laws (simple failures), lest Wells be held liable for someone's bad driving choices (dumb failures) that may cause great harms.
                            That's what liability insurance is for, hello.

You know. The insurance that we evidently can't require gun owners to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              If FedEx is partially held responsible, they will do a better job finding pilots. Just like if WF was partially held responsible, they would do a better job knowing what they are financing, and make sure whoever builds will do a better job. At some point, companies have to be held liable, to the point of officials going to prison, to reduce the odds of dumb failures. This pipeline is a great example- it's such a simple device- a pipe- yet they have more than their obvious share of failures. Given that they do such a simple job in a simple way, it's clear to me that the builders and operators cut corners to save money. And if the "go out of business" when a failure happens, who gets held responsible? Tax payers. And that's not the way to make sure that failures are avoided.
                              I don’t think you understand just how complex these piping systems are.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                I'm required to show that I have insurance at a specific level before I'm allowed to finance a car. So, yes, whoever is loaning me the money is making sure that bad choices are capable of being dealt with. Heck, even the state requires proof that I have that same insurance before giving me permission to drive the car on their roads.

How is that different than WF? Shouldn't corporations be held to the same standard as consumers are?

Comment

Working...
                                X