Thread: Plattsburgh 2018-2019

Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!

Plattsburgh 2018-2019

I thought the WB Mason tourney this weekend was a yawner. Good goaltending from Fenton to me was the only bright spot. I have a question that came from Saturday's game: how do you have a shootout that goes four rounds and Cam Owens isn't one of your shooters? He played the entire game, was in the post-game handshake and pictures, but doesn't get asked to shoot in the shoot-out?

I won't even ask how Jacob Engvall gets on the ice for the shoot-out... and that, unfortunately, went as expected...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Go Cards!
    Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    I thought the WB Mason tourney this weekend was a yawner. Good goaltending from Fenton to me was the only bright spot. I have a question that came from Saturday's game: how do you have a shootout that goes four rounds and Cam Owens isn't one of your shooters? He played the entire game, was in the post-game handshake and pictures, but doesn't get asked to shoot in the shoot-out?

I won't even ask how Jacob Engvall gets on the ice for the shoot-out... and that, unfortunately, went as expected...
    Is Cam Owens one of the team's top 4 finishers?

Re: Plattsburgh 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by sticksnstones View Post
    Is Cam Owens one of the team's top 4 finishers?
    He's the most creative with the puck by far. I don't know off the top of my head how that's translated on the scoresheet. He is light years ahead of the 6'7" defenseman that was sent out second...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Moved away three years ago and have only been able to catch a few games in person and a few more online. Is Plattsburgh now a middle of the pack team? Are we being out recruited? Are we being out coached? Out played? Just curious to hear thoughts from my fellow Cardinal fans on the direction of the program.

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-R- View Post
    Moved away three years ago and have only been able to catch a few games in person and a few more online. Is Plattsburgh now a middle of the pack team? Are we being out recruited? Are we being out coached? Out played? Just curious to hear thoughts from my fellow Cardinal fans on the direction of the program.
    D. All the above. Just dont say it too loud or you will be banned from Cardinal Country ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    D. All the above. Just dont say it too loud or you will be banned from Cardinal Country ... lol
    This is my assessment as well. Good enough to sneak up on a good team (the win against Geneseo was legit), but they were out classed, out talented, and out played by Williams. There was no doubt who was the better team.

It seems to me that every member of the Cardinals forward corps thinks they are prime skaters and try to get through 3 or 4 opposing players with stick handling. Passes, on the rare occasion they are made, are generally not tape-to-tape so the recipient has to stop to collect the pass behind him or in his skates. The power play is one of the 10 worst in the country (I think that's a result of this being a poor passing team).

I don't think they're being out coached, but I definitely think this staff is being out-recruited. This doesn't appear to be a short-term problem either. Plattsburgh is now a middle-of-the-pack team.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95

Quote Originally Posted by spwood View Post
    Good enough to sneak up on a good team
    How prophetic of me! Now win wins over Geneseo at home and Wesleyan (NESCAC leader) on the road, this team moves to maddening inconsistent. Top 10 worst in the country with the man advantage and top 10 in the country on the PK.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95

Thread Information