Plattsburgh 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh 2018-2019

I thought the WB Mason tourney this weekend was a yawner. Good goaltending from Fenton to me was the only bright spot. I have a question that came from Saturday's game: how do you have a shootout that goes four rounds and Cam Owens isn't one of your shooters? He played the entire game, was in the post-game handshake and pictures, but doesn't get asked to shoot in the shoot-out?

I won't even ask how Jacob Engvall gets on the ice for the shoot-out... and that, unfortunately, went as expected...
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    I thought the WB Mason tourney this weekend was a yawner. Good goaltending from Fenton to me was the only bright spot. I have a question that came from Saturday's game: how do you have a shootout that goes four rounds and Cam Owens isn't one of your shooters? He played the entire game, was in the post-game handshake and pictures, but doesn't get asked to shoot in the shoot-out?

I won't even ask how Jacob Engvall gets on the ice for the shoot-out... and that, unfortunately, went as expected...
    Is Cam Owens one of the team's top 4 finishers?

Comment

Re: Plattsburgh 2018-2019

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
      Is Cam Owens one of the team's top 4 finishers?
      He's the most creative with the puck by far. I don't know off the top of my head how that's translated on the scoresheet. He is light years ahead of the 6'7" defenseman that was sent out second...
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Moved away three years ago and have only been able to catch a few games in person and a few more online. Is Plattsburgh now a middle of the pack team? Are we being out recruited? Are we being out coached? Out played? Just curious to hear thoughts from my fellow Cardinal fans on the direction of the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
          Moved away three years ago and have only been able to catch a few games in person and a few more online. Is Plattsburgh now a middle of the pack team? Are we being out recruited? Are we being out coached? Out played? Just curious to hear thoughts from my fellow Cardinal fans on the direction of the program.
          D. All the above. Just dont say it too loud or you will be banned from Cardinal Country ... lol
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            D. All the above. Just dont say it too loud or you will be banned from Cardinal Country ... lol
            This is my assessment as well. Good enough to sneak up on a good team (the win against Geneseo was legit), but they were out classed, out talented, and out played by Williams. There was no doubt who was the better team.

It seems to me that every member of the Cardinals forward corps thinks they are prime skaters and try to get through 3 or 4 opposing players with stick handling. Passes, on the rare occasion they are made, are generally not tape-to-tape so the recipient has to stop to collect the pass behind him or in his skates. The power play is one of the 10 worst in the country (I think that's a result of this being a poor passing team).

I don't think they're being out coached, but I definitely think this staff is being out-recruited. This doesn't appear to be a short-term problem either. Plattsburgh is now a middle-of-the-pack team.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
              Good enough to sneak up on a good team
              How prophetic of me! Now win wins over Geneseo at home and Wesleyan (NESCAC leader) on the road, this team moves to maddening inconsistent. Top 10 worst in the country with the man advantage and top 10 in the country on the PK.
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Jimmy Poreda is making me a believer. Huge improvement from last season. He seems very comfortable and confident back there. Coach just needs to find some finishers to help the kid out.

Comment

Jimmy Poreda is making me a believer. Huge improvement from last season. He seems very comfortable and confident back there. Coach just needs to find some finishers to help the kid out.
                  watched a good part of the game....he looked pretty good,aggressive and had nice rebouned control...

Comment

Both goaltenders have played well this year. It's the offense letting down the Cardinals in 2018-2019. They don't seem to have the ability to sustain offense and spend a lot of time trying to carry the puck into the offensive zone 1 on 2 or 1 on 3.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95

Comment

I watched the game on line, and every time they showed the coach he looked like he was totally disinterested in what was going on, so much different than his animated ways of years ago. Is this his last year?
                      Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                        watched a good part of the game....he looked pretty good,aggressive and had nice rebouned control...
                        Jimmy is for real. He has been outstanding even when the offense wasn’t there. Fenton not bad either. Jimmy played so well last night and saw everything(nearly). First period had some breaks ,good looks but couldn’t finish. So close at times! Nothing to take away from Norwich. A good solid team. Just hoping we can play well enough the rest of the way, to stay in the SUNY’s. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                          Jimmy is for real. He has been outstanding even when the offense wasn’t there. Fenton not bad either. Jimmy played so well last night and saw everything(nearly). First period had some breaks ,good looks but couldn’t finish. So close at times! Nothing to take away from Norwich. A good solid team. Just hoping we can play well enough the rest of the way, to stay in the SUNY’s. Bummer.
                          A hot netminder can take you a loooong waay so ya never know come SUNY time..only thing is …...is anyone hotter than the Genny netminder Mc D??

Comment

Is the Buffalo box score correct??? Did Plattsburgh only play with three lines and four D???

Comment

Is the Buffalo box score correct??? Did Plattsburgh only play with three lines and four D???
                              Sure looks like it according to the Official Sheet. No mention of it on the athletic's website. I don't have access to the Press Republican to see if Bob commented on it after the game.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Working...
                              X