X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...9ju?li=BBnbcA1
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      My Schoolhouse Rock is a bit rusty, is there a time limit on Bills approved from the House, or could a potential Dem controlled Senate in the 117th Congress take a look at two years of backlog from the house and go "Hey! These are great! *rubber stanp*"??

Okay, my Schoolhouse Rock is a lot rusty. Just need the reminder.
      The time limit is the fiscal year for most bills, but some, such as Constitutional Amendments, can spend years as bills and only become irrelevant because nobody does anything with them.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        The time limit is the fiscal year for most bills, but some, such as Constitutional Amendments, can spend years as bills and only become irrelevant because nobody does anything with them.
        For most appropriation bills, yes. Otherwise, it is the length of the Congress (2 yrs)
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Every two years bills expire when the new Congress starts. Amendments only stay open longer if they've already passed and are waiting for ratification by the states.

This is why the Senate's unanimous voice vote to keep the government open no longer counts, even though the house just passed the exact same thing.

Comment

Senate bill introduced that would prevent Congress from getting paid during a shutdown

There's no way this passes, but it's a nice thought.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              They are insane if they don't pass it. The millionaire (billionaire) Members don't need the money.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It should include POTUS. I'd love to see Trump's decision should it ever reach his desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  They are insane if they don't pass it. The millionaire (billionaire) Members don't need the money.
                  Not every Congressman working in the House is rich and can afford not to be paid when Orange ****tard goes on one of his temper tantrums.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

IIRC, parts of the Constitution stops that bill
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      It should include POTUS. I'd love to see Trump's decision should it ever reach his desk.
                      Trump would sign it instantly. It's another chance for him to show the world how much money he wants us to think he has.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Not every Congressman working in the House is rich and can afford not to be paid when Orange ****tard goes on one of his temper tantrums.
                        And an even lower percentage of federal employees earning an hourly wage are rich and can afford to have their paychecks delayed.

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        IIRC, parts of the Constitution stops that bill
                        Correct. I remember reading that earlier this week.

Comment

No, they aren't. But, they have the power to end it. The rest of the government doesn't.

MNS - forking genius.

MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

No, they aren't. But, they have the power to end it. The rest of the government doesn't.
                            No, they don't. The people with power here are Nancy, Chuck, Turtle Boy, and the Orange ****tard. The rest have very little to none.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No, they don't. The people with power here are Nancy, Chuck, Turtle Boy, and the Orange ****tard. The rest have very little to none.
                              Then it's their fault for giving up that power to them.

Funding the government is the responsibility of Congress.

MNS - forking genius.

I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Then it's their fault for giving up that power to them.

Funding the government is the responsibility of Congress.
                                I don't think you understand the issue as well as you think it does. If Trump wants to shut down the Government and Turtle Boy does whatever Trump wants then the Government is going to stay shut down. It won't matter what any one Congressman in the House or Senate does.

Comment

Working...
                                X