• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    The framing of PAYGO is the problem.

She was a happy capitalist then.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      No, it's not. People just are too stupid to understand it cause they think supply-side. Ayn Rand and the Republicans have polluted people's minds.
      Yes, it is the problem. The idea that we need to have a certain amount of funds set aside in order to spend while the other side doesn't have to adhere to these same rules when they're in power and it's time to deliver, is problematic and basically just handcuffing yourself for no reason.

Comment

The replies are golden.

@NBCNews: Hours after being sworn in, Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib appears to tell a cheering crowd of supporters that the Democrats “are gonna impeach the motherf---er" in a video posted online. https://nbcnews.to/2CNE99x
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

They can and routinely override PAYGO to pass whatever they want so it's a lot of complaining about very little.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            They can and routinely override PAYGO to pass whatever they want so it's a lot of complaining about very little.
            Yup. What good is a law if it turns into a whim?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Why are people claiming that is high school?
              AOC is wearing a BU t-shirt and atop CLA building on the Charles river campus.

Cute too.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So then why have it in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  McConnell says something the Senate voted for unanimously two weeks ago is now a non-starter.
                  Of course. Mitch will be carrying Trump's water for the next two years. Things the Dems want to accomplish or force votes on will be denied by Turtle Boy over and over and over again.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    "When they go low, we ignore" is my resolution for 2019.
                    This would fix Twitter in one day.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Of course. Mitch will be carrying Trump's water for the next two years. Things the Dems want to accomplish or force votes on will be denied by Turtle Boy over and over and over again.
                      As (at least) Gardner and Collins watch their 2020 reelection bursts into flame
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        @MacFarlaneNews: TODAY: Maryland emergency commission meets at 11am to start redraw of 6th Congressional district after federal court ruling on gerrymandering

If they redraw the 6th, they'll have to impact the 8th and other adjacent districts. They might as well start with a clean slate and fix the mess that O'Malley & Miller created.
                        From your lips to NC, PA, MI, NY, and TX's ears.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          So then why have it in the first place?
                          Again they tried to eliminate an argument the GOP was making that was crushing them at the ballot box. It failed miserably because the GOP doesn't fight fair and the electorate is sick with a case of mass ignorance and delusion.

Same thing with Warren's DNA test.

But, if Nancy and the people in power want to keep it they must have their reasons. And they're smarter than I am so I'm not going to fault them for it.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

As (at least) Gardner and Collins watch their 2020 reelection bursts into flame
                            No one needs to lose more than Collins. She is the poster child of what is wrong with this country. More than any other I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              From your lips to NC, PA, MI, NY, and TX's ears.
                              Michigan voters did it already. Well, until Michigan Republicans find some way to hamstring it.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Why are people claiming that is high school?
                                I'm going to go with "attempting to further infantalize a woman with power that they fear".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X