• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    If the border is porous like tD says
    Narrator: It's not.

Comment

Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      The cost of labor isn't the sole driver of cost of goods but yes you're probably right that it'd go up.
      True, and a lot of those jobs are getting replaced with mechanical harvesters. Then you replace some labor costs with some loan payback and/or maintenance costs.

Comment

Nancy says: "Don't fck with me, this ain't my first time at the rodeo."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Nancy says: "Don't fck with me, this ain't my first time at the rodeo."
          I doubt anyone has for quite some time.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So glad she saved the economically illiterate paygo provision

Comment

I'm not making the case for or against illegals. That's an independent decision. But if the goal is reduce illegal immigrants, then the companies that hire them should be part of the solution. And today, its less so.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              If you kill the demand for the illegal labor by placing high enough penalties on the employers, then you'll stifle the supply of illegal labor as the laborers will not benefit from being here.
              Totally confused because that was my original point. But no need to reply.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                I doubt anyone has for quite some time.
                How droll.

Comment

@MacFarlaneNews: TODAY: Maryland emergency commission meets at 11am to start redraw of 6th Congressional district after federal court ruling on gerrymandering

If they redraw the 6th, they'll have to impact the 8th and other adjacent districts. They might as well start with a clean slate and fix the mess that O'Malley & Miller created.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    How droll.
                    "When they go low, we ignore" is my resolution for 2019.

Comment

So glad she saved the economically illiterate paygo provision
                      It's fine if they start framing it correctly. Fee two year college will pay for itself with economic expansion WAY WAY WAY MORE than 1.5 trillion in stock buybacks.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        It's fine if they start framing it correctly. Fee two year college will pay for itself with economic expansion WAY WAY WAY MORE than 1.5 trillion in stock buybacks.
                        How is free two year college paying for anything?? I thought kids graduate today and can't get food paying jobs
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/04/u...2BQ6V574igurzk

The day before Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 29, officially took office in Washington as the youngest woman ever elected to the House of Representatives, video footage from her college days suddenly appeared on the internet.

If the video showing her dancing and twirling barefoot on a rooftop was meant to be an embarrassing leak, it backfired badly.
                          Alluding to the culture of reckoning that followed the “Me Too” era and the double standards that affect women and men in the public sphere, the comedian and actor Kumail Nanjiani tweeted:

“Man sexually assaults women in high school: ‘That was so long ago!’ Woman dances in high school: ‘We must set her ablaze.’”
                          Way to go conservatives. Attack a woman for dancing on film. Good job. Golf clap.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The framing of PAYGO is the problem.
                            Way to go conservatives. Attack a woman for dancing on film. Good job. Golf clap.

Comment

The framing of PAYGO is the problem.
                              No, it's not. People just are too stupid to understand it cause they think supply-side. Ayn Rand and the Republicans have polluted people's minds.

Comment

McConnell says something the Senate voted for unanimously two weeks ago is now a non-starter.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X