This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    The base is the 33% that still stuck around after he praised nazis in Charlottesville. The base's commonality is pretty obvious at this point and it's not economic policy, in fact the wall is probably the common policy they care about the most.
    Illegal v legal immigration. Who would be in favor of illegal?

If the border is porous like tD says, stop the leaks. If you have a better idea than a wall, what is it?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by joecct View Post

If the border is porous like tD says, stop the leaks. If you have a better idea than a wall, what is it?
      We have more illegal green card over stays then we do illegals crossing the border. But you want to throw money at what problem?????
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're stupid enough to think a wall is going to stop people from over staying their visas.

And let me guess you want to raise taxes to pay for this wall because you care so much about the deficit...

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          The base is the 33% that still stuck around after he praised nazis in Charlottesville. The base's commonality is pretty obvious at this point and it's not economic policy, in fact the wall is probably the common policy they care about the most.
          Who's tracking Trump's numbers in the swing states? If he's getting 45% in MN, it's irrelevant. If he's getting 30% in PA, that's significant.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

My better idea is to worry first about issues that actually matter/exist.

Comment

Who’s the bald dude with the hair hitting his back?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                My better idea is to worry first about issues that actually matter/exist.
                Is there any other that got tD elected? Cause not sure those matter more?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Yeah, the trade deals. Which he has systematically made worse. But, whatever. He also ran on eliminating the debt in 8 years. After two it grew 2 trillion. So, we got 6 years left to get rid of it.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    I guess I'm not quite ready to accept that morons and racists define what issues matter the most in this country. 2020 will tell me whether that's the world we will be living in.

Comment

Flaggy's fellow fellas on the spectrum apparently think showing AOC dancing is making some sort of point: https://***********/AnonymousQ1776/s...94276831047680

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

The border is not "porous". There are technological improvements that could be made to surveillance, without building the d@mn wall and without resorting to "shoot to kill" orders. Trump has been offered appropriations to make those border improvements, and he has obstinately insisted on building a wall.

Not to mention, how do you secure all of the private lands where parts of the wall need to be built? Oh right, eminent domain. Taking people's duly-owned property by force, aka communism.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          I guess I'm not quite ready to accept that morons and racists define what issues matter the most in this country. 2020 will tell me whether that's the world we will be living in.
                          Them and Corporations. Have for quite a while now. Almost 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Flaggy's fellow fellas on the spectrum apparently think showing AOC dancing is making some sort of point: https://***********/AnonymousQ1776/s...94276831047680
                            Is this supposed to own the libs?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The border is not "porous". There are technological improvements that could be made to surveillance, without building the d@mn wall and without resorting to "shoot to kill" orders. Trump has been offered appropriations to make those border improvements, and he has obstinately insisted on building a wall.

Not to mention, how do you secure all of the private lands where parts of the wall need to be built? Oh right, eminent domain. Taking people's duly-owned property by force, aka communism.
                              Why thank you - an alternative. At least, this time, you actually added something to the conversation instead of shouting down "wrong thinking".

If Border Patrol can ensure that illegally crossing the border is made as difficult as possible, I don't care how. A wall is low tech. Sonic disrupters, maybe, as a high tech solution?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The alternative is making it easier to legally immigrate here and maybe tweeking the trade deals to make Mexico better off economically. As far as enforcing the border itself you could potentially do a better job of that if ICE's resources weren't being dedicated to rounding up maids and farm workers who contribute positively to our society.

Comment

Working...
                                X