Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

there's a good buck in that racket.

Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Who’s the bald dude with the hair hitting his back?

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    My better idea is to worry first about issues that actually matter/exist.
    Is there any other that got tD elected? Cause not sure those matter more?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Yeah, the trade deals. Which he has systematically made worse. But, whatever. He also ran on eliminating the debt in 8 years. After two it grew 2 trillion. So, we got 6 years left to get rid of it.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    I guess I'm not quite ready to accept that morons and racists define what issues matter the most in this country. 2020 will tell me whether that's the world we will be living in.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Flaggy's fellow fellas on the spectrum apparently think showing AOC dancing is making some sort of point: https://twitter.com/AnonymousQ1776/s...94276831047680

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Illegal v legal immigration. Who would be in favor of illegal?

If the border is porous like tD says, stop the leaks. If you have a better idea than a wall, what is it?
    The border is not "porous". There are technological improvements that could be made to surveillance, without building the d@mn wall and without resorting to "shoot to kill" orders. Trump has been offered appropriations to make those border improvements, and he has obstinately insisted on building a wall.

Not to mention, how do you secure all of the private lands where parts of the wall need to be built? Oh right, eminent domain. Taking people's duly-owned property by force, aka communism.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    I guess I'm not quite ready to accept that morons and racists define what issues matter the most in this country. 2020 will tell me whether that's the world we will be living in.
    Them and Corporations. Have for quite a while now. Almost 40 years.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Flaggy's fellow fellas on the spectrum apparently think showing AOC dancing is making some sort of point: https://twitter.com/AnonymousQ1776/s...94276831047680
    Is this supposed to own the libs?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The border is not "porous". There are technological improvements that could be made to surveillance, without building the d@mn wall and without resorting to "shoot to kill" orders. Trump has been offered appropriations to make those border improvements, and he has obstinately insisted on building a wall.

Not to mention, how do you secure all of the private lands where parts of the wall need to be built? Oh right, eminent domain. Taking people's duly-owned property by force, aka communism.
    Why thank you - an alternative. At least, this time, you actually added something to the conversation instead of shouting down "wrong thinking".

If Border Patrol can ensure that illegally crossing the border is made as difficult as possible, I don't care how. A wall is low tech. Sonic disrupters, maybe, as a high tech solution?

The alternative is making it easier to legally immigrate here and maybe tweeking the trade deals to make Mexico better off economically. As far as enforcing the border itself you could potentially do a better job of that if ICE's resources weren't being dedicated to rounding up maids and farm workers who contribute positively to our society.

Why thank you - an alternative. At least, this time, you actually added something to the conversation instead of shouting down "wrong thinking".

If Border Patrol can ensure that illegally crossing the border is made as difficult as possible, I don't care how. A wall is low tech. Sonic disrupters, maybe, as a high tech solution?
    Did someone really need to explain that alternative to you? Is that not embarrassing?

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    The alternative is making it easier to legally immigrate here and maybe tweeking the trade deals to make Mexico better off economically. As far as enforcing the border itself you could potentially do a better job of that if ICE's resources weren't being dedicated to rounding up maids and farm workers who contribute positively to our society.
    Still doesn't solve the green card issue. Or the employment issue. We should spend some time figuring out what jobs immigrants are taking and why they're taking them. And why when their green card expires they aren't leaving.

Instead we worry about Caravans.

**NOTE: This misleading post was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Cracking down on companies that hire them. That's number one. If there's no drug dealers, there's no drug users.

But that puts the responsibility on the executive, and both Donnie is and Bushie was silent on that one.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    mookie gotta boner!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Cracking down on companies that hire them. That's number one. If there's no drug dealers, there's no drug users.

But that puts the responsibility on the executive, and both Donnie is and Bushie was silent on that one.
    If there are no suppliers of drugs, then there is no demand for drugs...I don't think that's how it works. Also, that may be the most straightforward GOP-based line of criminal economics you've ever stated.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Cracking down on companies that hire them.
    Like Trump's golfcourse...

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Is this supposed to own the libs?
    We *are* talking about people that spend their weekends in the basement ordering fake pizzas to own that ***** who wouldn't go out with them.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    If there are no suppliers of drugs, then there is no demand for drugs...I don't think that's how it works. Also, that may be the most straightforward GOP-based line of criminal economics you've ever stated.
    Prioritizing the pursuit of drug dealers over drug users? Yeah, that's how it works. At least that's law enforcement's approach. Beyond that, not really following.

And if your goal is to stop illegal immigration...seems it doesn't help to turn a blind eye to companies illegally hiring illegal immigrants. Am I wrong?
    Go Gophers!

wubba lubba dub dub

Prioritizing the pursuit of drug dealers over drug users? Yeah, that's how it works. At least that's law enforcement's approach. Beyond that, not really following.

And if your goal is to stop illegal immigration...seems it doesn't help to turn a blind eye to companies illegally hiring illegal immigrants. Am I wrong?
    Yes, it's law enforcements' approach to the situation. How has that worked out for the nation throughout the entirety of the War on Drugs?

If you kill the demand for the illegal labor by placing high enough penalties on the employers, then you'll stifle the supply of illegal labor as the laborers will not benefit from being here.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Thread Information