This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    It should include POTUS. I'd love to see Trump's decision should it ever reach his desk.
    Trump is donating his salary, just like JFK.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I don't think you understand the issue as well as you think it does. If Trump wants to shut down the Government and Turtle Boy does whatever Trump wants then the Government is going to stay shut down. It won't matter what any one Congressman in the House or Senate does.
      They can override his veto. If Dems are at 240 in the House that would only take about 50 knucks to cross over and put this to bed. I think 7 of them already voted for the Dems first bill to open the government. Senate would need 20 Goopers which is doable if the Koch brothers write Itch a big enough check to bring the bill up for a vote.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        They can override his veto. If Dems are at 240 in the House that would only take about 50 knucks to cross over and put this to bed. I think 7 of them already voted for the Dems first bill to open the government. Senate would need 20 Goopers which is doable if the Koch brothers write Itch a big enough check to bring the bill up for a vote.
        Sure. They can override it. IF and ONLY IF Turtle Boy will bring it to the floor. Right now he won't. And again, this is a discussion about who has power. Turtle Boy has all the power in the Senate. Nancy has all the power in the House. And, it's massive power. I think people forgot how powerful the Speaker is while Ayn Rand Masturbation Boy was running things.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sure. They can override it. IF and ONLY IF Turtle Boy will bring it to the floor. Right now he won't. And again, this is a discussion about who has power. Turtle Boy has all the power in the Senate. Nancy has all the power in the House. And, it's massive power. I think people forgot how powerful the Speaker is while Ayn Rand Masturbation Boy was running things.
          All of the GOP speakers have been impotent post-Gingrich. From Child Molester Hastert to the Boner to the Weasel, its been a bunch of people kowtowing down to the likes of Tom DeLay and Jim Jordan.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

All of the GOP speakers have been impotent post-Gingrich. From Child Molester Hastert to the Boner to the Weasel, its been a bunch of people kowtowing down to the likes of Tom DeLay and Jim Jordan.
            Yeah, it's setup so the leader of the Freedom Caucus swings the biggest dick and the Speaker is nobody.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              You've seen his tax returns?

Comment

I don't think you understand the issue as well as you think it does. If Trump wants to shut down the Government and Turtle Boy does whatever Trump wants then the Government is going to stay shut down. It won't matter what any one Congressman in the House or Senate does.
                So, you're OK with Turtle Boy collecting a paycheck while others who have zero to do with it don't?

I will agree that not everyone in Congress has as much power as Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell, etc..., but they are still a part of the process. TSA isn't. ATC isn't.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Not every Congressman working in the House is rich and can afford not to be paid when Orange ****tard goes on one of his temper tantrums.
                  Almost all are and AOC can bunk with me.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    So, you're OK with Turtle Boy collecting a paycheck while others who have zero to do with it don't?

I will agree that not everyone in Congress has as much power as Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell, etc..., but they are still a part of the process. TSA isn't. ATC isn't.
                    Yeah, I am. Turtle Boy is stinking rich anyway so it really doesn't matter and it won't hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      You've seen his tax returns?
                      Not only that--we need proof he's giving up his Russian salary as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                        He's getting that in rubies
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          That is one d-mn fine joke. Bravo. Here's the visual:

Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2019, 09:20 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Almost all are and AOC can bunk with me.
                            get in line
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              get in line
                              Maybe you guys can just have a 3 way! At your respective ages, you'll both be asleep in 5 minutes and she'll be spending the rest of the night tweeting.

Comment

Maybe you guys can just have a 3 way! At your respective ages, you'll both be asleep in 5 minutes and she'll be spending the rest of the night tweeting.
                                why wait 5 minutes?!?!?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X