• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Wow, this is Drew level stupidity.

Learn how marginal tax rates work and come back
    Yes it is quite clear that he has never taken an Econ class (or never passed one) because that is hilariously stupid. Hell even some of the Faux crowd know that isnt how marginal taxes work. Hell anyone who makes above the first tax bracket and does their own taxes can tell you how it works...

Hey 5mn,

Take a break from dodging bullets on 394 and understand that the person who makes 400K is not going to be taxed on 90% of all of it. There are various tax brackets and the rates for each bracket ONLY APPLY TO THE MONEY EARNED IN THAT BRACKET! So if, for example, one of the brackets starts at say 75k and then the next one starts at 135K and the rate is 32% up until 135K then that rate will be used ONLY on the dollars earned between 75-135. Anything lower will be taxed at the various brackets.

So in your 400K scenario, only the very top of the salary will be hit at 90%. They will not have a take home of 40K that is just stupid and wrong. Hell, if they kept the current tax brackets NONE of the 400K would even be taxed at 90%. The current tax brackets:

10% - 0-$9525
    12% - $9,526-$38,700
    22% - %38,701-$82,500
    24% - $82,501-$157,500
    32% - $157,501-$200,000
    35% - $200,001-$500,000
    37% - %500,001 and up

So lets say someone made 400K with these numbers. They arent paying 35% on the whole thing. They pay 35% on every dollar earned between $200,001 and $500,000. So they would pay 35% on roughly $200,000. (70K) They would be pay 32% on all the dollars in the previous bracket ($42,499) which would be $13,599.68. So on and so forth into each bracket. Even if the Top Marginal Rate was lowered to include 400K only a portion of that money would be taxed at said rate.

So basically your entire understanding of this is wrong so sit back and learn a bit...
    Last edited by Handyman; 02-02-2019, 08:18 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Pirate Boy did not have a good day.

Freshman Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) triggered an uproar on Twitter after condescendingly offering to arrange a security explanation to a critic of President Donald Trump’s border wall proposal. The woman he aimed to school, Juliette Kayyem, is a national security expert and former assistant secretary at the Department of Homeland Security.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        He got owned.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          He got owned.
          If you must mansplain, don't do it on Twitter.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            If you must mansplain, don't do it anywhere..
            fyp
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

He's trying to be right's version of AOC...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                I can’t see that working.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The highlight of his career will be when Ariana Grande's ex-fiance was mean to him.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      And another bad day

He's gonna be pizzed when he hears about the NFL Draft and the salary cap.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        And another bad day

And more pizzed when he learns what marginal tax rates are.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

She's getting smarter every day. She's going to drive the GOP insane.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              And another bad day

Some epic responses:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                She's getting smarter every day. She's going to drive the GOP insane.
                                She already does...imagine when she is eligible to run for President they might jump off a cliff
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X