X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    His favorability probably went up.

They're called "Representatives" for a reason.
    He barely won this year. He's already got 2 primary challengers for 2020 (both of which suck, but know better than to make explicit the normal dog whistles.)

Comment

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Mitch just blocked voting on a bill to reopen the government again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Mitch just blocked voting on a bill to reopen the government again.
        Mitch should be locked up in gitmo

he's a terrorist.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          Mitch should be locked up in gitmo

he's a terrorist.
          They're on to us

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            I'm also amused as to how its always the Dems who need to revamp when is the GOP who's lost 4 out of 7 and the popular vote in 6 out of 7 which doesn't seem a good recipe for future success.

If there's maybe one sliver of a silver lining in the Chump Presidency, its that anybody who's not part of the treasonous money laundering cult we call "Republicans" starts taking elections seriously. All elections from Prez all the way down to dogcatcher. Last year's midterms were a positive sign. The cult came out in force, but GOP still got smoked even with partisan gerrymanders everywhere.
            When we vote we win. It's that simple. There are far, far more of us than them. We just need to vote. At the moment we need to win by 8 points because of Jim Crow II but we can even do that as 2018 showed.

Win everywhere in 2020, scrub them off the state legislatures, restore voting rights and undo their gerrymandering, and make them the purist regional racist party they so long to be.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              They're on to us

Times like this I wish Emily Litella were still around.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              blink your eyes and wait for the winds to change. you are old enough slappy to know now how these things work
              I'm not a day over thi-. a day over for-, hey **** you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                While I appreciate mookie's willingness to show his age, what happened in 1972 is irrelevant. GOP strength was 70's and 80's where they won 49 states twice (72,84), 40 states once (1988) and another blowout win in 1980. Once that era passed, from 1992-2016 Dems are 4 out of 7 with 3 blowouts (92,96,08) and one solid win (12). GOP had two razor thin wins (00,16) and one solid win (04). Things ain't trending the GOP's way so screw rural racists. No point in trying to appeal to them as it'll be a fool's errand anyway.
                Dude.... bubba won in 92 with 43% of the vote. Very easy to see if Ross the boss wasn’t there, 41 would have repeated.

Again, forty three point oh %
                14,000,000+ more votes cast for the other guys.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Dude.... bubba won in 92 with 43% of the vote. Very easy to see if Ross the boss wasn’t there, 41 would have repeated.

Again, forty three point oh %
                  14,000,000+ more votes cast for the other guys.
                  Very easy to see if you're drunk maybe! Perot took about 20% of the vote. He hated Bush with a passion. Highly unlikely his people vote for Bush when he spent the whole campaign running against Bush. Politics 101 is if you are an unpopular incumbent, get two challengers in the race to split the anti-you vote. 2 out of every 3 Perot voters would have had to defect to Bush in order for him to break even with Clinton.

Math is mookie's friend!
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Very easy to see if you're drunk maybe! Perot took about 20% of the vote. He hated Bush with a passion. Highly unlikely his people vote for Bush when he spent the whole campaign running against Bush. Politics 101 is if you are an unpopular incumbent, get two challengers in the race to split the anti-you vote. 2 out of every 3 Perot voters would have had to defect to Bush in order for him to break even with Clinton.

Math is mookie's friend!
                    So rover sayin all the “you people, your people” voted for Ross?

Those were all angry wall voters. “If you see a snake, you don’t seat a committee on killing snakes!”

and here mookie thought you knew something about politiks

Comment

So rover sayin all the “you people, your people” voted for Ross?

Those were all angry wall voters. “If you see a snake, you don’t seat a committee on killing snakes!”

and here mookie thought you knew something about politiks
                      So in one thread mookie sez not winning popular vote don't matter if you're elected, BUT in a different thread he sez 43 % ain't good enough (but 46% apparently is).

Umm...okay? With those different standards for a Republican vs a Democrat, it wouldn't surprise Rover if mookie worked for CNN!

PS - Or NBC??? https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0e0baf541869c

libral media my arse...

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

mookie is dyed in the wool which means wishful thinking > reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          So in one thread mookie sez not winning popular vote don't matter if you're elected, BUT in a different thread he sez 43 % ain't good enough (but 46% apparently is).

Umm...okay? With those different standards for a Republican vs a Democrat, it wouldn't surprise Rover if mookie worked for CNN!

PS - Or NBC??? https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0e0baf541869c

libral media my arse...
                          nooooo.

mookie offered that worrying about national popular vote is a waste of time.

then...

mookie discounted rover's silly statement that pulling 46% was impressive (ahem, blow out -- pun intended mookie's sure ).

apples and oranges.
                          you've been wrong before (massively wrong at that ). it's ok, we still like that you're here

Comment

nooooo.

mookie offered that worrying about national popular vote is a waste of time.

then...

mookie discounted rover's silly statement that pulling 46% was impressive (ahem, blow out -- pun intended mookie's sure ).

apples and oranges.
                            you've been wrong before (massively wrong at that ). it's ok, we still like that you're here
                            mookie, buddy, I understand your posts about as much as I always do and we'll leave it that!

Comment

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Сначала американец!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X