This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

There's the Mittwit's first instance of talking out of one side of his mouth, while uttering his vote with the other. You all knew it was coming.

Comment

So when Dump is exposed as a Russian asset 90% of the Republicans will be complicit. Glad we have established that.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        So when Dump is exposed as a Russian asset 90% of the Republicans will be complicit. Glad we have established that.
        GTF outta here with that 90% BS. I'd bet the farm its closer to 99%.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The kids are alright!
          #WheresMitch

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The kids are kids, which basically means that they’re good for a few meaningless and futile gestures, but not much else. They’re like a new puppy. Gotta love their enthusiasm, but don’t be shocked when they pizz on the carpet and their handlers have to put the leash on them. You’d think they would have learned that after Pelosi spanked them for standing up to her.

Embarrassing congressional leadership will get you on Maddow. Not a great plan for legislating though.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              The kids are kids, which basically means that they’re good for a few meaningless and futile gestures, but not much else. They’re like a new puppy. Gotta love their enthusiasm, but don’t be shocked when they pizz on the carpet and their handlers have to put the leash on them. You’d think they would have learned that after Pelosi spanked them for standing up to her.

Embarrassing congressional leadership will get you on Maddow. Not a great plan for legislating though.
              exactly, NY must be proud that she is searching for Mitch, the district could have sent a bar maid to perform that task

oh wait, they did

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It's possible that kids know best what will keep other kids engaged, which I hear is important.

Comment

The kids are kids, which basically means that they’re good for a few meaningless and futile gestures, but not much else.
                  -- British response to the Boston Tea Party, January 20, 1774.

That revolution against the swamp you always wanted is here, kid. Just turns out you're the swamp.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    -- British response to the Boston Tea Party, January 20, 1774.

That revolution against the swamp you always wanted is here, kid. Just turns out you're the swamp.
                    The proof will be in the legislation she gets passed. Without it she’s just so much noise.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Ha!
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The proof will be in the legislation she gets passed. Without it she’s just so much noise.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Someone needs to make a video of her chasing after Mitch to the Benny hill music

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            She’s starting to annoy me.
                            Edit: Though, come to think of it, I don’t think there’s a member of the house that doesn’t annoy me.
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-16-2019, 11:32 PM.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Nothing on Pelosi semi-revoking the invitation to appear before Congress for SOTU?

I think it's a brilliant move.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                Nothing on Pelosi semi-revoking the invitation to appear before Congress for SOTU?

I think it's a brilliant move.
                                I think there were two or three comments a day or two ago on the topic, but not much.

Personally I like the idea. It seems like it's probably a good political move for the Dems because it denies him the public stage before a national tv audience, but the SOTU address is just one of those things that annoy me. The fawning, repeated applause by the congressional representatives from the same party as the president. The whole "who didn't clap and what does their body language tell us" analysis that goes on in the tv talk shows for days after. I probably haven't watched one in its entirety for 20 years.

My expectation is that someday we'll see the Republicans do the same thing, if for no other reason than retaliation, and maybe we can kill this thing off.

Comment

Working...
                                X