• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    D should be shooting for 8pt wins and just forgetting CA

Take out CA and tD beat hilly 47.4% to 46.3%

Heck, pull out R lost causes NY and IL and tD wins 48.3% to 44.6%

Also remove those 3 states and turnout falls from 55.7% to 52.7%. Be afraid to motivator the whitey who didn’t vote!

......all these D voters and R has won 3 of last 5 presidential.
    Just break up the union. We're already headed there anyway.

/Scooby

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Just break up the union. We're already headed there anyway.

/Scooby
      I'm more a fan of Kepler's method, but meh, we can do it Scooby's way.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        I'm more a fan of Kepler's method
        Is that the one where we relocate their best-looking women to the cities for "reeducation" and then leave Flyover America to the angry white dudes shooting at each other?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Is that the one where we relocate their best-looking women to the cities for "reeducation" and then leave Flyover America to the angry white dudes shooting at each other?
          It was "nuke the south," but this sounds much more reasonable.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Nah, we have more than enough good looking girls in the Free States, and they have their original teeth.

My proposal was we have annual sweeps through the Slaves States looking for mutant smart kids to rescue them. I don't anticipate this would be more than a few dozen per year, genetics being what it is.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              D should be shooting for 8pt wins and just forgetting CA

Take out CA and tD beat hilly 47.4% to 46.3%
              That's a very small margin against a very unlikable candidate that caused Dem voters in droves to stay home and didn't even bother trying to win what ended up being 3 key states. Add in the results from November and the fact Trump is losing ground outside of uneducated white males and you have mooking reevaluating his last post.

Comment

This is fun. Rand Paul , who has railed on single payer, is going to...Canada for surgery!

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...da/2568200002/

Comment

Yeah but I believe the place he is going is not socialized it is private.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Yeah but I believe the place he is going is not socialized it is private.
                    But that’s how most single payer systems work now. Private options

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      But that’s how most single payer systems work now. Private options
                      Daniel Dale Tweeted about it earlier, apparently it's one of the few private practices that are grandfathered into their healthcare system.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Ifs just ironic that’s he’s railed on how bad the entire system is and now he’s going there for a specialized surgery

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Comparing a Democratic candidate's policies (or those of Bernie) to those of candidates in countries more liberal than the US is not going to help a Democratic candidate's chances of winning office in the USA.
                          Yeah but you're kinda missing the point, these aren't radical policies globally in other first world counties and they're incredibly moderate even here. The vast majority of people want medicare for all, a $15 min wage, affordable college, more power as a worker, non-stagnant wages, and the various other things that Bernie and other progressives advocate for. All of these things poll really well here.
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-14-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Yeah but you're kinda missing the point, these aren't radical policies in fact they're incredibly moderate even here. The vast majority of people want medicare for all, a $15 min wage, affordable college, more power as a worker, non-stagnant wages, and the various other things that Bernie and other progressives advocate for. All of these things poll really well here.
                            Until I see the polling numbers, I think you're assuming too much on the positions of the American people.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Until I see the polling numbers, I think you're assuming too much on the positions of the American people.
                              Well here's medicare for all
                              https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...dicare-for-all

As for some other agendas, this is from data for progress:
                              We find that the punditry has vastly underestimated the potential of an unabashedly left progressive agenda. Four issues stood out in our polling as issues that have strong and durable support. Creating generic versions of life-saving drugs has a whopping net 30 percent support among eligible voters (51 percent support, 21 percent oppose). A public option for internet, a proposal that Abdul El-Sayed has campaign on in Michigan, has net 39 percent support (56 percent support, 16 percent oppose).

A job guarantee, which is supported by Senators Kirsten Gillibrand, Cory Booker and Bernie Sanders is quite popular, with 55 percent of eligible voters in support and only 23 percent opposed. As we’ve discussed in The Nation before, there is strong evidence that even with a partisan framing and pay-for, the policy remains popular. We modeled our question off of the proposal made by economists Sandy Darity, Darrick Hamilton and Mark Paul, which centers community job creation. In addition, We also find that ending cash bail has a net positive support of 21 points (45 percent in support and 24 percent opposed). Senators Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders have both unveiled legislation that would end cash bail, which leads hundreds of thousands of people to be locked out despite never being convicted of a crime.

Comment

Steve King gets the boot off all three committees
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X