Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Lindsay Graham is the new Nunes
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Lindsay Graham is the new Nunes
      Good comparison. Every Congress seems to have a Republican flunky like this willing to take it with no Vaseline for whatever payoff is down the line. They're like herpa-derp hype men.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Good comparison. Every Congress seems to have a Republican flunky like this willing to take it with no Vaseline for whatever payoff is down the line. They're like herpa-derp hype men.
        It just doesn’t make sense for it to be a senator. Honestly, they are supposed to be above the House. I get why a representative would weld their wagon to a more powerful one. But a senior senator has so much power as it is. It just doesn’t make sense for a senator to lose their mind like this.

There was a time when a US senator would view him or herself as a power center and not one to just allow a president to step on them. I guess the republicans are just so sycophantic that this no longer applies.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          It just doesn’t make sense for it to be a senator. Honestly, they are supposed to be above the House. I get why a representative would weld their wagon to a more powerful one. But a senior senator has so much power as it is. It just doesn’t make sense for a senator to lose their mind like this.

There was a time when a US senator would view him or herself as a power center and not one to just allow a president to step on them. I guess the republicans are just so sycophantic that this no longer applies.
          I think you have to factor in how weak the right in general and the GOP in particular is. The sort of people who go into that party has been declining intellectually and morally since the 1970s. That's almost 50 years, now -- virtually nobody left has any sort of mental acuity. They really are as stupid as their voters.

The right worked when it was smart guys in the backroom pushing actors out in front of their dumb voters to fleece them. But in the ensuing interval a whole generation of conservatives grew up on Rush and Fox. Anybody with even a smidgen of intelligence or character bailed, and this is what's left for them.

Lindsey Graham is not even competent enough to be a utility infielder in the Democratic party, but in the GOP he starts and bats third.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Among the casualties of President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency to build his border wall is the reputation of the majority leader Mitch McConnell as a Senate institutionalist. The evidence of the last few days has confirmed, if there were still any doubt, that he is no such thing.

First, he helped prolong the longest government shutdown in American history by insisting that the Senate would act only with explicit approval from the president. Now Mr. McConnell has fully acquiesced in President Trump’s power grab by supporting an emergency declaration, which he opposed just weeks before, aimed at addressing a crisis that Senate Republicans know does not exist.

This display of obedience from the leader of a supposedly coequal branch of government is shocking only if you ever believed Mr. McConnell was an institutionalist. But his defining characteristic has always been his willingness to do anything and sacrifice any principle to amass power for himself. What separates him from the garden-variety politicians — what makes him a radical — are the lengths he is willing to go. Seeing this with clarity should help us grasp the danger to which he is subjecting the Senate — and, more important, our democracy.

In the months ahead, our institutions are likely to be tested as rarely before. Under a strong leader, the Senate could provide a critical counterweight to an out-of-control executive. Instead, we have a man who will put his self-interest first, every single time. We should enter this chapter with clarity and finally see Mr. McConnell for what he is. He’s not an institutionalist. He is the man who surrendered the Senate to Donald Trump.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/18/o...emergency.html
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/18/o...emergency.html
              Completely agree. Not sure why Itch gets the press that he does as some legislative genius although I suspect its because his Beltway cocktail parties are stocked with some really good bourbon from his former home state (not sure he's stepped foot in Kentucky since sometime in the 1980's ).
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...graham-n973401

Once a neocon, always a neocon.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Big oil and pro-Israel groups are major Graham donors, so of course he's going to demand we keep troops in the ME indefinitely.

Comment

Re-tarded cumstains don't know how an affidavit works: https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/statu...67387796324353

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Re-tarded cumstains don't know how an affidavit works: https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/statu...67387796324353
                        Haha I hope I run into them

Comment

The pages they show aren't even signed...that is a Drew level epic fail.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Trying to interpret that whateverthatwas ...

I'm guessing they were trying to present something to the Representative that she could sign (an affidavit) stating and affirming she's never married her brother.

If that's not it, I'm out.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's exactly it. Which is exactly why they deserve 100 years of public ridicule.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

He looks like he is the product of incest so he probably thinks most people are...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X