X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Why thank you - an alternative. At least, this time, you actually added something to the conversation instead of shouting down "wrong thinking".

If Border Patrol can ensure that illegally crossing the border is made as difficult as possible, I don't care how. A wall is low tech. Sonic disrupters, maybe, as a high tech solution?
    Did someone really need to explain that alternative to you? Is that not embarrassing?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      The alternative is making it easier to legally immigrate here and maybe tweeking the trade deals to make Mexico better off economically. As far as enforcing the border itself you could potentially do a better job of that if ICE's resources weren't being dedicated to rounding up maids and farm workers who contribute positively to our society.
      Still doesn't solve the green card issue. Or the employment issue. We should spend some time figuring out what jobs immigrants are taking and why they're taking them. And why when their green card expires they aren't leaving.

Instead we worry about Caravans.

**NOTE: This misleading post was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Why thank you - an alternative. At least, this time, you actually added something to the conversation instead of shouting down "wrong thinking".

If Border Patrol can ensure that illegally crossing the border is made as difficult as possible, I don't care how. A wall is low tech. Sonic disrupters, maybe, as a high tech solution?
          Cracking down on companies that hire them. That's number one. If there's no drug dealers, there's no drug users.

But that puts the responsibility on the executive, and both Donnie is and Bushie was silent on that one.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Flaggy's fellow fellas on the spectrum apparently think showing AOC dancing is making some sort of point: https://***********/AnonymousQ1776/s...94276831047680
            mookie gotta boner!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Cracking down on companies that hire them. That's number one. If there's no drug dealers, there's no drug users.

But that puts the responsibility on the executive, and both Donnie is and Bushie was silent on that one.
              If there are no suppliers of drugs, then there is no demand for drugs...I don't think that's how it works. Also, that may be the most straightforward GOP-based line of criminal economics you've ever stated.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Cracking down on companies that hire them.
                Like Trump's golfcourse...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Is this supposed to own the libs?
                  We *are* talking about people that spend their weekends in the basement ordering fake pizzas to own that ***** who wouldn't go out with them.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    If there are no suppliers of drugs, then there is no demand for drugs...I don't think that's how it works. Also, that may be the most straightforward GOP-based line of criminal economics you've ever stated.
                    Prioritizing the pursuit of drug dealers over drug users? Yeah, that's how it works. At least that's law enforcement's approach. Beyond that, not really following.

And if your goal is to stop illegal immigration...seems it doesn't help to turn a blind eye to companies illegally hiring illegal immigrants. Am I wrong?
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Prioritizing the pursuit of drug dealers over drug users? Yeah, that's how it works. At least that's law enforcement's approach. Beyond that, not really following.

And if your goal is to stop illegal immigration...seems it doesn't help to turn a blind eye to companies illegally hiring illegal immigrants. Am I wrong?
                      Yes, it's law enforcements' approach to the situation. How has that worked out for the nation throughout the entirety of the War on Drugs?

If you kill the demand for the illegal labor by placing high enough penalties on the employers, then you'll stifle the supply of illegal labor as the laborers will not benefit from being here.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Not to mention, how do you secure all of the private lands where parts of the wall need to be built? Oh right, eminent domain. Taking people's duly-owned property by force, aka communism.
                        That's how Brooklyn built the Barclay Center...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Illegal v legal immigration. Who would be in favor of illegal?

If the border is porous like tD says, stop the leaks. If you have a better idea than a wall, what is it?
                          Like tD says? Really?

We don't really need a, "better idea" to the tune that Donald exaggerates the situation. Nowhere near it. That is not to say we shouldn't do more but until he completely gets over the idea a wall is required there is never going to be any progress made on border security.

Also I don't agree with, "cracking down" on companies that hire illegals as in deportation. I believe for the most part these are not jobs that would be filled by Americans if vacated. Instead I suggest they audit companies in which there are signs of illegal hiring practices. Go into Company A and force every illegal to go through a simple vetting process to validate their eligibility for green card/work permit without forcing them to go home first. Make it a smoother but government sanctioned process that is more efficient than they would otherwise be privy to. If they pass move them along if not send them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Also I don't agree with, "cracking down" on companies that hire illegals as in deportation. I believe for the most part these are not jobs that would be filled by Americans if vacated. Instead I suggest they audit companies in which there are signs of illegal hiring practices. Go into Company A and force every illegal to go through a simple vetting process to validate their eligibility for green card/work permit without forcing them to go home first. Make it a smoother but government sanctioned process that is more efficient than they would otherwise be privy to. If they pass move them along if not send them back.
                            Agreed, there are massive labor shortages in Oregon and on the coast for a lot of these skilled agricultural jobs after ICE did a few sweeps. I think trying to attract more Americans to these jobs (by compensating fairly) would be better but until that's fixed I really don't see the need to deport people who benefit our society en masse.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              I think trying to attract more Americans to these jobs (by compensating fairly) would be better but until that's fixed I really don't see the need to deport people who benefit our society en masse.
                              Have fun paying $5-7 for a single avocado or grapefruit, because it's either that, or continue to use migrant labor.

Comment

The cost of labor isn't the sole driver of cost of goods but yes you're probably right that it'd go up.

Comment

Working...
                                X