Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Honestly at this point I think humans need to die off. Reading the reports of the behavior at our national parks has convinced me

Comment

He still doesn't understand that China isn't being "charged" for these tariffs. US businesses and consumers are.

Or else he's just lying. Your choice.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        He still doesn't understand that China isn't being "charged" for these tariffs. US businesses and consumers are.

Or else he's just lying. Your choice.
        Tough choice. A habitual liar who is dumb as a post. A combination that has charmed his base.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Tough choice. A habitual liar who is dumb as a post. A combination that has charmed his base.
          Who are for the most part, dumb as posts.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Tariffs cause a reduction in economy wide purchases due to higher prices companies pay for steel based products (leaving reduced tax intake for the government)...AND consumers purchase fewer higher priced products which has the same effects as increasing taxes on them (which leaves us at a net negative).

Why are these conservatives so bad on the economy? Tariffs don't generate cash...they drain it.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I'm kind of curious. Is this the new rule now? If a voter group supports and votes for a candidate, they are required to quietly accept and support every action that person takes once they are in office? So, if the people in this Indiana community voted for Trump because they want his stupid wall, or if they voted for him because they supported his tax cut, or if they voted for him because they expected him to try to keep jobs from going overseas, or any of the hundreds of other reasons they may have chosen to vote for him, now they are "morons" because they choose to challenge an environmental position the administration takes?

Good to know. I'm going to have to keep that one in mind.
              While I get your premise. You must realize that dealing with the GOP is like playing Russian roulette. In the end, the chances of an average person having a good outcome is about nil.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                While I get your premise. You must realize that dealing with the GOP is like playing Russian roulette. In the end, the chances of an average person having a good outcome is about nil.
                I don't think he or "the alternative is worse" Joe understand that. Neither does the centrist. It was interesting listening to the Today interview of Nancy Pelosi. She said the hardest thing about negotiating with Trump is they can't even agree on a set of facts. Get that? Facts are facts. But, in the Trump administration there are no facts. And in the Republican Party there are no facts.

And that's why debating anything in politics nowadays is virtually impossible. Because there are no facts to use as a basis for the argument.

Of course, I am just misleading you right now.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/01/o...NCIoG0YXTjDkvs

I suppose I didn't read this either and I am intentionally misleading you. Read at your own risk.
                  How many deaths have you died today, little boy?
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    How many deaths have you died today, little boy?
                    Is that all you got? You're going to have to do much better than that. You need to save these people from my misleading posts. They're counting on you.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm kind of curious. Is this the new rule now? If a voter group supports and votes for a candidate, they are required to quietly accept and support every action that person takes once they are in office? So, if the people in this Indiana community voted for Trump because they want his stupid wall, or if they voted for him because they supported his tax cut, or if they voted for him because they expected him to try to keep jobs from going overseas, or any of the hundreds of other reasons they may have chosen to vote for him, now they are "morons" because they choose to challenge an environmental position the administration takes?

They are morons because they voted for a snake oil salesman despite everyone telling them he was a snake oil salesman and are now surprised to find out he is a snake oil salesman.

Comment

I don't think he or "the alternative is worse" Joe understand that. Neither does the centrist. It was interesting listening to the Today interview of Nancy Pelosi. She said the hardest thing about negotiating with Trump is they can't even agree on a set of facts. Get that? Facts are facts. But, in the Trump administration there are no facts. And in the Republican Party there are no facts.

And that's why debating anything in politics nowadays is virtually impossible. Because there are no facts to use as a basis for the argument.

Of course, I am just misleading you right now.
                        Facts are whatever you want them to be.

Comment

I think for most people who switched or wouldn’t have traditionally voted for Trump he was a vote against the status quo more than anything else. I doubt many of them weighed the positives and negatives.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            I think for most people who switched or wouldn’t have traditionally voted for Trump he was a vote against the status quo more than anything else. I doubt many of them weighed the positives and negatives.
                            There is some truth to this. There has been quite a bit of anger about getting left out of the growth seen in cities and distrust of those in power. We even see some of it here.

Unfortunately, that doesn't translate into good governance.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              That's what smart people do when making a decision. Weigh the positives and negatives.

He was a vote against the CU Next Tuesday.

Comment

Required...no? They do have to accept the deal they made with the devil. That is why I stopped caring about Flint Michigan when they stayed home in November 2016.

They can fix it in 2020...but the Trumpers won't especially the ones interviewed. They will stay home or vote Trump.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X