Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Yes, yes it would.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Yes, yes it would.
      They didn't know that, IMO. It happens.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Sounds about right. From the NYT:

“Families in an Indiana county that voted overwhelmingly for President Trump are challenging the administration to stop rolling back environmental protections.

“We are done begging,” said Kari Rhinehart, the mother of Emma Grace Findley, a 13-year-old swimmer who developed brain cancer and died in 2014. “We are demanding the E.P.A. finish what it started and place these restrictions on TCE and other dangerous toxins.”
        Huh. Sounds like they might finally be tired of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          So you're admitting they're morons who think with their gut rather than their brain. Got it.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Sounds about right. From the NYT:

“Families in an Indiana county that voted overwhelmingly for President Trump are challenging the administration to stop rolling back environmental protections.

“We are done begging,” said Kari Rhinehart, the mother of Emma Grace Findley, a 13-year-old swimmer who developed brain cancer and died in 2014. “We are demanding the E.P.A. finish what it started and place these restrictions on TCE and other dangerous toxins.”
              I get it, blue collars were sick of the same slick politicians, they just fell for the slicker snake oil man's bit. I think they were kinda screwed either way. Now, DON'T GET ME WRONG, they are more screwed now, they chose the devil they didn't know.
              The EPA is actually worsening pollution. But most of Indiana's wounds are self inflicted. if you've ever been to Indianapolis or Gary, you know that Indiana urban areas have been physically and psychologically abused by the state for decades.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                So you're admitting they're morons who think with their gut rather than their brain. Got it.
                I never said they weren't morons in the first place. You, Scoobs, and rufus need to stop trying to find a fire where there isn't a flame.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I want to care but...
                  I don't even want to anymore. I don't.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm kind of curious. Is this the new rule now? If a voter group supports and votes for a candidate, they are required to quietly accept and support every action that person takes once they are in office? So, if the people in this Indiana community voted for Trump because they want his stupid wall, or if they voted for him because they supported his tax cut, or if they voted for him because they expected him to try to keep jobs from going overseas, or any of the hundreds of other reasons they may have chosen to vote for him, now they are "morons" because they choose to challenge an environmental position the administration takes?

Good to know. I'm going to have to keep that one in mind.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      I'm kind of curious. Is this the new rule now? If a voter group supports and votes for a candidate, they are required to quietly accept and support every action that person takes once they are in office? So, if the people in this Indiana community voted for Trump because they want his stupid wall, or if they voted for him because they supported his tax cut, or if they voted for him because they expected him to try to keep jobs from going overseas, or any of the hundreds of other reasons they may have chosen to vote for him, now they are "morons" because they choose to challenge an environmental position the administration takes?

Good to know. I'm going to have to keep that one in mind.
                      It was well known that gutting regulation has been the platform of the Republican Party for decades. They've accomplished much of their goal. You reap what you sow.

Comment

I get it, blue collars were sick of the same slick politicians, they just fell for the slicker snake oil man's bit. I think they were kinda screwed either way. Now, DON'T GET ME WRONG, they are more screwed now, they chose the devil they didn't know.
                        Ahh, but there's the thing. anyone who had a brain did know that devil. And some just went ahead and voted anyway. Cause they just couldn't vote for that CU Next Tuesday.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

But, would it have been a bigger dumpster fire than the one they knew (and hated)?

They chose wrong. Took a chance, burned 'em.
                          I think even a dullard like you knows the answer to that question. As much as you want to pretend that "no one could have known".
                          Last edited by rufus; 01-03-2019, 08:51 AM.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The 2017 tax cut has received pretty bad press, and rightly so. Its proponents made big promises about soaring investment and wages, and also assured everyone that it would pay for itself; none of that has happened.

Yet coverage actually hasn’t been negative enough. The story you mostly read runs something like this: The tax cut has caused corporations to bring some money home, but they’ve used it for stock buybacks rather than to raise wages, and the boost to growth has been modest. That doesn’t sound great, but it’s still better than the reality: No money has, in fact, been brought home, and the tax cut has probably reduced national income. Indeed, at least 90 percent of Americans will end up poorer thanks to that cut.
                            https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/01/o...NCIoG0YXTjDkvs

I suppose I didn't read this either and I am intentionally misleading you. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              It was well known that gutting regulation has been the platform of the Republican Party for decades. They've accomplished much of their goal. You reap what you sow.
                              Exactly

Comment

Apparently our debt and deficits are going down????

Nope.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Lied again.

Oh, I'm misleading you. Don't read this.

Comment

Working...
                                X