Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I never said I want to eliminate the debt or eliminate the deficits. I said we need to worry about it. We need to worry that people actually think the 1.5 trillion they just stole is going to be paid for by economic expansion (which is what the majority of Americans believe). If we started believing that paying off everyone's student debt and giving them free college or tech school for two years would pay for itself I would be 100% onboard. And that's how you pay as you go. You pay as you go BY knowing that supply side is a crock of **** and actually investing in the American People pays dividends.
    Well I sorta agree but I just think that framing it as "we need to worry about the debt" is counter productive and generally leads to austerity or half measure solutions that somehow only favor the 1% and large corporations like how the bailout was handled.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Well I sorta agree but I just think that framing it as "we need to worry about the debt" is counter productive and generally leads to austerity or half measure solutions that somehow only favor the 1% and large corporations like how the bailout was handled.
      No. We need to flip how people think. The GOP always pays for things too. They always say, the tax cut pays for itself. Always.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Debt will only resolve itself by default one day down the road....

Can't cut spending.
        And any new revenue will be spent.

Easy peasy
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Can't cut spending.

Easy peasy
          No. That's not how things should be done.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            No. We need to flip how people think. The GOP always pays for things too. They always say, the tax cut pays for itself. Always.

Comment

No. That's not how things should be done.
              Come back to reality and join us....

Because that IS now things are done

Comment

Come back to reality and join us....

Because that IS now things are done
                No. I will continue to mislead you by being fiscally responsible.

Comment

No. I will continue to mislead you by being fiscally responsible.
                  Scooby know the saying about sitting down at a card table and trying to spot the mark???

Comment

Scooby know the saying about sitting down at a card table and trying to spot the mark???
                    If you have been in a poker game for a while, and you still don’t know who the patsy is, you’re the patsy.
                    Yes, yes I do.

Comment

Yes, yes I do.
                      Well then

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Any real solution is going to have to involve more revenue and less spending.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Can't cut spending.

Easy peasy
                          Don't need to default. Just need good economic management. The Clinton administration seemed to do just fine - its biggest problem is that we hit the two term limit.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Don't need to default. Just need good economic management. The Clinton administration seemed to do just fine - its biggest problem is that we hit the two term limit.
                            Mookie thinks that ship has sailed.

Mookie still.feels need is to tax wealth.

Comment

I see West Virginia, Alabama, and Mississippi are high on the list.

I hope they collapse before it's over.
                              West Virginia owes it all to Bob Byrd. Mississippi to Trent Lott and Jamie Whitten and I'm not sure about Alabama.

But I've never seen any state turn down federal largesse.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                Any real solution is going to have to involve more revenue and less spending.
                                Yeah and we'll solve the gun issue by giving more guns to 4 year olds.

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                Um... yeah... a lot of what he did lead to the economic disaster of 2008. https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...economy-2012-9
                                Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-04-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X