Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    He'll declare, a judge probably in the Ninth will declare it unConstitutional, appeals process starts, both sides declare victory, next made up issue appears as the new gridlock-causing headline du jour.
    Yup.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      He'll declare, a judge probably in the Ninth will declare it unConstitutional, appeals process starts, both sides declare victory, next made up issue appears as the new gridlock-causing headline du jour.
      Wild card- Conservative 5th Court of Appeals in Texas since it's Texan land being stolen.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Wild card- Conservative 5th Court of Appeals in Texas since it's Texan land being stolen.
        I wouldn't bet against you but I'd put my money on the Ninth just the same.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Its going to be hard for those Texas rancher dudes to appeal after they're rounded up and sitting in a border detention center with a bunch of illegal immigrants. After all, it IS a national emergency...
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            The Dems have never made that work. Republicans don't give a **** about precedent and neither do the voters.
            The Courts do. Either you learn to beat them at their own game or you cry like a ***** and go home a loser.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              It would make the ride better.
              It would make Disney theme parks better, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                That is why the Dems should let him do it. It sets the precedent...
                No. It might be titillating for libs to think about, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  No. It might be titillating for libs to think about, but no.
                  It wont stand up so stop chickening out. Be more like Itch less like Harry Reid.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What's the procedure for review? When and where is there a fact-finding review of the underlying basis. The supremes may take on the question of whether he exceeded his constitutional authority, but do they have original jx that puts them in a position to address the underlying factual basis?

uno?

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        It wont stand up so stop chickening out. Be more like Itch less like Harry Reid.
                        No, it won't, but it gives Red Don the out he's looking for to end the shutdown without appearing to back down to the Dems.

"I tried to get the Wall built, but the liberal courts wouldn't let me. I fought like hell for you guys, to try to get that done, but they won't let me. You need to elect more Republicans so we can get this done.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                          Do conservatives really want to open up this avenue of bypassing Congress via "national emergency"?

Climate change
                          Healthcare
                          Voter rights

All things more credible as "national emergencies" than this silly wall.
                          That’s actually a plot line in House of Cards before it got awful. They declare unemployment a national emergency in order to force a jobs program.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Federal workers are going to get their retroactive pay.

880k furloughed workers at an average salary of let's say $80k per year. That's $219 per day per worker, i.e. $193M of lost labor per day. In 26 days that reaches $5B. So one week from now Dump will have wasted more money on the shutdown just in terms of payroll than he was asking for in the first place.

Now that's negotiation!
                            Yeah but contractors are screwed.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              That’s actually a plot line in House of Cards before it got awful. They declare unemployment a national emergency in order to force a jobs program.
                              I often hear the Russia drama referred to as "stupid Watergate". This administration as whole could just as aptly be described as "stupid House of Cards".

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                Yeah but contractors are screwed.
                                Red Don's MO.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X