Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yep, there's a Trump quote for that.

So how many of those eeeeevil gubmint jobs will the Wall create?
    Oh, I can assure you the administration has some bull**** number for that too.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      When I was down in AZ the conservatives in Bonni's family couldn't stop talking about how stupid the wall is. One of them made a game attempt to say he thought it actually wasn't Dump's idea but one of his "east coast advisors" had put it in his head, but the rest of them laughed that down.

Western conservatives are very different from the prairie and slave state sheeple. If I were the GOP I'd be worried about Dumpy quickening Republican erosion in AZ and TX. They aren't enough making new racists to make up for the old ones who are dying, and while every conservative family has at least one liberal defector there aint nobody making the return trip.
      AZ is already purple. But TX is a ways from having as much west as it does prairie.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Western conservatives are very different from the prairie and slave state sheeple. If I were the GOP I'd be worried about Dumpy quickening Republican erosion in AZ and TX. They aren't enough making new racists to make up for the old ones who are dying, and while every conservative family has at least one liberal defector there aint nobody making the return trip.
        Read a mid-term post-mortem that the Arizona GOP brass knew it wasn't going to go well based on Trump's disapproval rating among GOP voters.

Comment

Great op-ed in today’s wsj on the debt/deficit issues we face.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Kinda weird it's an emergency with crossings near a 20-year low.
            Yeah. During Bush it was Saddam! when immigration and the debt were skyrocketing. During Obama it was the debt! while the debt was being reduced every year. Now its immigrants! as the debt is skyrocketing.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              So did the journal renounce the GOP finally?
              Go Gophers!

Comment

LOL. They love Trump. Love him. They supported the recent tax cut 150%. Their solution to the "crisis" is to gut the social safety net entirely.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  AZ is already purple. But TX is a ways from having as much west as it does prairie.
                  The trick in TX is not west outweighing prairie. It's city outweighing rural.

"The bourgeoisie has subjected the country to the rule of the towns. It has created enormous cities, has greatly increased the urban population as compared with the rural, and has thus rescued a considerable part of the population from the idiocy of rural life." -- Karl Marx
                  Statewide, TX is still decades away. But TX state and local is already starting to fall our way. It's just like VA: the educated people move in and have kids. That gets blue out of the noise. But then those educated people start demanding local schools that aren't just sloshing around the age old Man in the Sky bullsh-t, and yokel kids start getting educated too.

Meanwhile, as areas become more crowded and diverse the old magic of racism, homophobia, and fundamentalist Christianity begins to lose its grip as kids meet other kids and realize it's all a lie and people are just people.

This won't help in perpetually third world places like KS or WY or ID, but TX is practically second world by now, and people with actual job skills from real colleges are moving in every day.

MD --> VA --> NC --> GA

NM --> NV --> AZ --> TX

It's only a matter of time. And then they can keep their rust belt and suck on it. MI, OH and PA are dying. The future is the West.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-08-2019, 02:59 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Where "great" means a perfectly predictable response by a GOP in-house organ. Right.

You guys don't even see it coming, do you?
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      LOL. They love Trump. Love him. They supported the recent tax cut 150%. Their solution to the "crisis" is to gut the social safety net entirely.
                      This op-ed doesn’t support the tax cuts even a little bit. It’s very well done and I encourage you to read it if you can. It’s very critical of both parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Where "great" means a perfectly predictable response by a GOP in-house organ. Right.

You guys don't even see it coming, do you?
                        It’s not by the WSJ’s editorial board.

Comment

This op-ed doesn’t support the tax cuts even a little bit. It’s very well done and I encourage you to read it if you can. It’s very critical of both parties.
                          It's probably downstairs in the lobby. I'll give it a look. I just read their opinion page yesterday though so excuse my skepticism.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Who knew shut downs would be so complicated?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Who knew shut downs would be so complicated?
                              I loved the GOP Member who argued on camera that food stamps would go out. Um, no.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Serious oversight is back.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X