Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Make you a deal, I'll keep reading everything that's out there and keep asking for the impeachable evidence to be brought so if we have a Russian plant we remove it; but, you read Turley's piece about confirmation bias with an open mind.
    Actually, if you've been following the news, "reading everything that's out there", you'd know that there was an "unwillingness" at the FBI to believe that Trump could be working for the Russians or a Russian asset. Hence the reason they didn't begin investigating during the campaign, despite the preponderance of evidence out there. It was only after Trump revealed classified information to Russians in the oval office, and his disgusting fellating of Putin in Helsinki that they decided that yes, they needed to look into this.

Which renders Turley's assumption worthless, and therefore his entire piece is based on nothing. Just another strawman.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So you understand my wanting to see the evidence before convicting.
      We all understand that. But you understand that there is a mounting body of evidence that some may consider a preponderance. And Dump's MO is to create a circus to distract from the ongoing investigations against him, which makes us even more vulnerable.

Also consider that the risk of allowing a Russian asset to occupy that office is FAR more important than the risk of kicking an innocent Dump to the curb. Pence will give you your far right agenda. Just go with him ferchrissakes.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        THis is great to address all the spin on both sides but until he started being so successful Meuller was widely supported and touted as an excellent choice to be fair and thorough. Even more reason to let him do his job instead of reading all the back seat drivers trying to investigate to support their beliefs
        I wonder what the left will say about him if they don’t get the result they want...
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

And if it's shown he's broken the law he'll face it like every other.
          Except no, his party will cover for him and his supporters will squeeze their eyes shut. Maybe you won't. But most Dumpies will literally not even see a problem. Cognitive bias is a real thing -- it allows people to edit their experiences to prevent dissonant information from getting through. Just go to a hockey game and watch the different fan sections experience a completely different game where the other team is committing all the penalties.

Through Fox and Hate Radio the GOP has successfully trained its audience to ignore objective truths. They literally think that if a news report is published by the NY Times or WaPo, or if a scientific paper is published by a peer reviewed journal, then it's "fake."

That is insane.
          Last edited by Kepler; 01-14-2019, 01:06 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hurry? What hurry? For context ... June 17, 1972 to Aug. 8, 1974 -- 27 months

If we use July 2016 (paragraph 15 of NYT article, "when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016" and FBI counter-intel took note) to January 2019 we're at 31 months.

Let's put the evidence out there and put an end to this one way or the other.
            They were also investigating a single event, for which there were 5 arrests made the night of, and its eventual cover up. A great many more events, and people, and no immediate arrests made the day/night of, and the investigation is bound to take longer.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I wonder what the left will say about him if they don’t get the result they want...
              A lot nicer things than we say about you. Dont worry though the Right will say a lot worse and you will parrot it like the brain dead poster you are.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                *Rasmussen* gives Trump his lowest approval rating in a year. Waiting lines at Atlanta's airport is an hour and a half.
                That is an awful sign for him and the GOP. That is one of the few polls he was doing well in as near as December. He has lost 5 points in a month. The Shutdown is killing him.

That is why the Dems need to hold strong. No negotiating...no wall or no budget period. No need for Mueller or anything else...the longer he holds out the more likely we see an even bigger crash in 2020 for the GOP than we did in 2018.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And before you think it is clickbait and he didnt actually say that:

"Huge share of government workers were going to take vacation days, say between Christmas and New Year's. And then we have a shutdown and so they can't go to work, and so then they have the vacation but they don't have to use their vacation days," Hassett told PBS during an appearance on "NewsHour."
                  This clown never had a real job and never had to struggle you can tell.

And I am sick of hearing about "back pay" yeah you get made whole later and that is nice...but right now if you have no money coming in it becomes a real struggle. The more people write off the shutdown because of that the more out of touch they truly are.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

And I am sick of hearing about "back pay" yeah you get made whole later and that is nice...but right now if you have no money coming in it becomes a real struggle. The more people write off the shutdown because of that the more out of touch they truly are.
                    Back Pay is meaningless if you've already gone bankrupt or ****ed your credit rating.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      If Trump hadn't devolved into the drooling mess he is for the last four years now, I might be willing to buy into him just having the wrong supporting cast.

But no, this is like watching LivePD when they pull over a constitutionalist for no license plate and find needles, scales, baggies, and 10 pounds of meth on the center console.

Trump is whining that the cops can't pull him over or arrest him because they dont have the power, and that the car isn't his, he's being set up, he's never seen that specific bag of meth in his life before.

And here I am watching, rooting for the drug dog to bite him in the a**.
                      Personally, I'm rooting for the drug dog to bite his throat and not let go until the twitching stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

One of my Facebook friends has said the majority of the people being locked out are contractors, not on salary. So I guess they don't have to be paid? Seriously, the blindness and stupidity of some people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          One of my Facebook friends has said the majority of the people being locked out are contractors, not on salary. So I guess they don't have to be paid? Seriously, the blindness and stupidity of some people.
                          Duh, it’s well known trump never pays contractors!!

Comment

Dr. Mrs. is one of the furloughed workers.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Dr. Mrs. is one of the furloughed workers.
                              With the TSA formerly suggesting that its employees get various odd jobs, including secret shopper. Coincidentally, my wife signed up for being a secret shopper a few months ago (she thought it would be fun) and just now got her first gig. We had to eat at Baker's Square, and they covered $35 of the tab. Other options she had would have taken some 20 minutes and netter her $3.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I know this is "out there" for most but ...

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...p-all-theories

Both sides are so sure they know what they know. Any time I see situations like that I start doubting both sides. Seems (Turley) I'm not alone.
                                This is a ridiculous argument in the face of overwhelming (and yet still continuing to mount daily) evidence that trump is exactly what most of us are saying he is, a money laundering, mentally deficient, possibly seriously mentally ill individual, who has no business running a company let alone sitting in the most powerful office in the world. Yes, cognitive bias is a real thing, and yes it can cloud our thinking on many subjects. But God has gifted me, and most of us here, with the ability to weed through this bias with a little effort, to think critically about the evidence we've been presented, and come to logical, honest, and mostly accurate conclusions about trump. I don't know what is causing the trumpers of the world to believe what they are believing. I suspect what it is, but those of us who see trump for how dangerous he is or can be get accused of being mean when we point it out, so I'll keep those thoughts to myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X