This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    And trump's rubes and dupes would see this if they were able to follow this simple logic for more than one step. Like maybe two. But alas, along with being many other things, a good portion of trump's rubes and dupes are no smarter than the president. Or putting it another way, they're idiots.
    Part of why they voted for him. They wanted a guy just like them.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Dumpy angry at his own soiled diaper.

"I've been yelling and crying and pouting and banging on the table and lying on the floor refusing to get up, but Mom still won't give me ice cream."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        I would think a bumbling, cowardly, pathological liar in the White House would be considered an asset for Russia. Not for us, surely, but for them. His mere presence there is to their advantage.

I may have missed your point too, Hovey.
        He didn't have a point, he was "just joking".

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          Kind of depends what their goal is doesn't it? Hard to deny that our relationships with allies and standing in the world have diminished with the clown we have in office.

Not to mention how badly he's effed up NATO.

Exactly what Putin wants. A weak and disorganized NATO.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            It's not the choice of salads they're referring to as sexist. I personally think this particular complaint is a bit silly but it's not completely groundless either.
            It's no more silly than doing what POTUS did to troll for attention, and then the media falling for it hook, line, and sinker instead of ignoring it, and going back to reporting on what he's trying to distract everyone from.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Why exactly is it an "enormous problem" for the US? The Ukraine is a mess. It probably rivals Russia in terms of being one of the most corrupt places on the planet. The Ukraine was trying to meddle in the US election, too. But things are such a mess over there that they were largely ineffective.

If you are a country trying to be a democratically elected government, then yes we should support you and defend you. If you're a bunch of corrupt leeches fighting for the blood with other corrupt leeches, meh.
              Alright the Hovey doctrine. China gets a free pass on any country it wants in 70% of Asia and Oceania including Indonesia.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Dumpy angry at his own soiled diaper.
                The Great Negotiator getting crushed? That never happens!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Alright the Hovey doctrine. China gets a free pass on any country it wants in 70% of Asia and Oceania including Indonesia.

And those man-made islands off their coast? And their international boundaries? Perfectly ok. I don't ever want to hear a wingnut talk about them again. What's the big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Why exactly is it an "enormous problem" for the US? The Ukraine is a mess. It probably rivals Russia in terms of being one of the most corrupt places on the planet. The Ukraine was trying to meddle in the US election, too. But things are such a mess over there that they were largely ineffective.

If you are a country trying to be a democratically elected government, then yes we should support you and defend you. If you're a bunch of corrupt leeches fighting for the blood with other corrupt leeches, meh.
                    I thought of another application of the Hovey doctrine of allowing anyone to take over dictatorships. Minnesota should use its guard and take over the US.

Afterall, the US is being run by a small group opposed to the will of the people, and we're often reminded by conservatives that the US is 'not a democracy'. At least, the quality of our governance would improve a hundred fold.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

The Hovey Doctrine. I kind of like. I'm going to see if I can get a wikipedia page for it.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Oooh dump says he’ll cancel pelosi trip abroad

Comment

Working...
                        X