Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Hurry? What hurry? For context ... June 17, 1972 to Aug. 8, 1974 -- 27 months

If we use July 2016 (paragraph 15 of NYT article, "when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016" and FBI counter-intel took note) to January 2019 we're at 31 months.

Let's put the evidence out there and put an end to this one way or the other.
    This line of reasoning fascinates me for so many reasons.

1. There has been a steady stream of people found/plead guilty. They are throwing the next guy under the bus leading to more success in court.

2.This is about -->Russian interference in our election process<--. The fact tRump needs attention and is a blow hard sometimes makes it difficult to remember this. And, in case you missed it there was further evidence this attempt at influence happened in 2018 and some of it was stopped. There is also evidence it has happened in other countries. One would think that protection of our electoral process would be something to protect.

3. I would have bet my life I would never see any GOP/Conservative say they wanted anything to do with Russia ignored, done in a half a55ed way, or advocate for dismissing the findings of the intelligence committee/community. This is the disconnect that baffles me the most. I don't get it. How the hell did the GOP turn from Commie/Russian haters to apologists?

I know people who were involved in monitoring Russians in the 70s. They are beside themselves with this and for the first time in my life they are anti-GOP because of it.

Given these last 2 points I can conclude that hell has frozen over or possible the Earth has stopped spinning on its access.

Totally not flaming- If there was no chance tRump would be involved, would you want them to stop investigating or show their hand before they have neutralized those who have been players? What would the purpose be of speeding up something that is getting results if it impaired the ability to do a good job?

Consider what would have happened if we had a President who was stable, an effective leader and able to listen to the intelligence community. Most of the disruption comes from his reaction and tantrums. His reaction, inability to be consistent, constant rewriting of his 'story' is what is causing all the problem. I have no idea what he is 'guilty' of. His truth is inconstant. I am fully convinced he believes what ever he is saying at the moment (just like a kid does when they confabulate when caught). He craves attention and loves to get his own way. He has no idea of how to handle consequence so what is real or fake is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by leswp1; 01-14-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

If we use July 2016 (paragraph 15 of NYT article, "when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016" and FBI counter-intel took note) to January 2019 we're at 31 months.

No dice, Vlady. The GOP becoming a bought and paid for annex of the Kremlin is a much more complex investigation than Watergate, which was the cover-up of a burglary and other dirty tricks by the Nixon campaign. Once it was revealed that Nixon was on tape directing payoffs and other illegal activity, he was SOL but took his sweet time resigning. This inquiry involves a foreign power and its intelligence service, one of the two major political parties in the US, and multiple right wing aligned organizations like the NRA which are almost certainly compromised as well. Lets let Mueller do his job.

I'll also point out Ken Starr was on the job for 4 years.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Of course, you won't believe whatever's disclosed anyway. Just keep making excuses for it.
        It is kind of interesting that someone like Sic who isn't shy about waving his govt service around for all to see is okay with treason...
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

They can't be compared. Nixon's investigation was very straightforward. Trump has lots of indirect Russian connections. Plus in '72, the GOP accepted evidence of guilt. In 2019, the case must be tighter as the GOP has a harder time accepting the truth.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I know this is "out there" for most but ...

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...p-all-theories

Both sides are so sure they know what they know. Any time I see situations like that I start doubting both sides. Seems (Turley) I'm not alone.
            If Trump hadn't devolved into the drooling mess he is for the last four years now, I might be willing to buy into him just having the wrong supporting cast.

But no, this is like watching LivePD when they pull over a constitutionalist for no license plate and find needles, scales, baggies, and 10 pounds of meth on the center console.

Trump is whining that the cops can't pull him over or arrest him because they dont have the power, and that the car isn't his, he's being set up, he's never seen that specific bag of meth in his life before.

And here I am watching, rooting for the drug dog to bite him in the a**.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              And given all of the people who have pleaded guilty in a court of law, do you still think nothing happend?

Or is this all a waste of time?
              Over 100 contacts with Russians associated with the Kremlin or Russian intelligence during the campaign. And every one of those contacts lied about and concealed. 28 top level campaign associates who knew of those contacts. And every one of them lied and concealed.

A president whose own top advisors and administration officials have no knowledge of what was discussed during private meetings with Putin. A president who went out of his way to see that they didn't get this knowledge.

A president who said during the debates that he had no business ties to Russia, had no knowledge of the inner doings of Russia, had no money in or anything else going on with Russia, at the same time his personal lawyer was negotiating with them to build a hotel in Moscow. A hotel in which Putin was promised a $50 million penthouse suite. A president who did, or didn't, know Putin depending on what day it was

I'll say it again. The top levels of our government, our diplomatic corps and our military leaders, have no idea what this president discussed with an enemy of our country. None.

But nope, nothing out of the ordinary here. Nothing to see. Don't worry yourselves about it. Big nothingburger.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                If Trump hadn't devolved into the drooling mess he is for the last four years now, I might be willing to buy into him just having the wrong supporting cast.

But no, this is like watching LivePD when they pull over a constitutionalist for no license plate and find needles, scales, baggies, and 10 pounds of meth on the center console.

Trump is whining that the cops can't pull him over or arrest him because they dont have the power, and that the car isn't his, he's being set up, he's never seen that specific bag of meth in his life before.

And here I am watching, rooting for the drug dog to bite him in the a**.
                This is poetry. Thank you.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

But nope, nothing out of the ordinary here. Nothing to see. Don't worry yourselves about it. Big nothingburger.
                  However, the Democrats did collude with Russia. So, lock the ***** up.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Of course, you won't believe whatever's disclosed anyway. Just keep making excuses for it.
                    Really? I won't? Mind reader?

Like I said, it won't take much.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I know this is "out there" for most but ...

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciar...p-all-theories

Both sides are so sure they know what they know. Any time I see situations like that I start doubting both sides. Seems (Turley) I'm not alone.
                      THis is great to address all the spin on both sides but until he started being so successful Meuller was widely supported and touted as an excellent choice to be fair and thorough. Even more reason to let him do his job instead of reading all the back seat drivers trying to investigate to support their beliefs

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I'll also point out Ken Starr was on the job for 4 years.
                        Now that's a solid reply.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Nice arbitrary choice of date to start with. FBI didn't begin investigating until after he was sworn in as president. After he revealed classified intelligence to Russian officials in the oval office.

You're such a disingenuous putz.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            It is kind of interesting that someone like Sic who isn't shy about waving his govt service around for all to see is okay with treason...
                            I'm asking for the evidence. When it comes, treason is treason.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              It reads like something he would write to trigger the libs.
                              Is it too late to posit that either Kushner (J or I) would be a solid guess also?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm asking for the evidence. When it comes, treason is treason.
                                There's plenty of evidence already for a conspiracy charge. Not sure what you're waiting for.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X