X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The buck stops with everyone.
    it takes two people to lie
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

I've been keeping an eye on Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace (a Chris Wallace wing at Fox) and they're hard views of Trump in spite of the usual Fox rhetoric. The other day, Shepard Smith took another step:

Shep Smith Appears To Pull Subtlest Of Fact-Checks On Fellow Fox News Hosts

The hosts of Fox News’ “Outnumbered” have been on something of a downer about New York City this week. For two successive days, they made various claims about the city becoming “filthy” and “more dangerous than ever” — and they laid the blame firmly at the feet of Mayor Bill de Blasio, a Democrat. But at the end of a segment centering on the ongoing partial government shutdown, Smith said:

“Here in New York City, city crime rates, violent crime rates, are the lowest they’ve been in seven decades. The violent crime rate is the lowest of any major city in America. Streets are clean, things are good. Come visit us.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0922a21d51dcb

In actuality, I'm beginning to think this is a calculated strategic move by Fox - or at least, there's implicit management approval. MSNBC has been cleaning Fox's clock due to the fact that Trump is such a debacle. Smith's segments are getting a lot of youtube play and therefore adds both drama and buzz to Fox. Clever move. Expect Wallace/Smith continue to subtly attack right wing thought.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Trump is at 13 twitter posts in the last 24 hours. Upon retirement, he'll make a fantastic fan forum member.

Edit: Perhaps, he's just trying to close the 500 post gap he's got with mookie.
        Last edited by 5mn_Major; 01-12-2019, 07:32 AM.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Lol. Dump and Rs we’re tweeting this everywhere yesterday.

Oops.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...cal-view-about

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Trump is at 13 twitter posts in the last 24 hours. Upon retirement, he'll make a fantastic fan forum member.

Edit: Perhaps, he's just trying to close the 500 post gap he's got with mookie.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Oops.

Aww the station was trying to make a name for itself and got caught lying. Sounds like a certain President I know...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Its not like you idiots weren't warned.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Then you should have gotten your party to pass this when they held everything over the last two years, you bloated heap of trash

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Its not like you idiots weren't warned.

Lock that ***** up.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Shep Smith still works for Fox and he does his schtick when nobody is watching (afternoon) so he’s still pretty useless like the rest of the never Trumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Shep Smith still works for Fox and he does his schtick when nobody is watching (afternoon) so he’s still pretty useless like the rest of the never Trumpers.
                        When Bernie becomes Chairman he gets the bullet, too. We know.

Comment

This has nothing to do with Bernie derpy.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            This has nothing to do with Bernie derpy.
                            Settle down, shrimpy. It's all in good fun.

If Bernie were to run and be nominated, I would vote for him over Trump. It's the firebreathing DSA members that I find hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Oops.

I'm not sure that there's really any "oops" here. The initial reporting claiming CNN was burying their story is still going to have far more effect that this kinda sorta retraction. I'm inclined to think it's working out pretty much as expected.
                              Last edited by GrinCDXX; 01-12-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Settle down, shrimpy. It's all in good fun.

If Bernie were to run and be nominated, I would vote for him over Trump. It's the firebreathing DSA members that I find hilarious.

And yeah I hear ya, the one woman on the podcast I listen to (not the host, more of a sidekick) is one of the actual far left, DSA, an actual communist, etc. It’s interesting to hear that perspective sometimes but it’s also very much disconnected from what’s actually happening now and can be a bit distracting when they’re trying to discuss strategy or recent events.

As far as Shep and the media I guess I mostly just find it annoying that they act like Trump is some huge aberration from the Republican Party rather than a natural progression of what they’ve (right wing media, the base) wanted for the last 40 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X