Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:46: New Year, Same 'Ol Crap.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm not sure you got my point.

If you're going to make the POTUS an asset of your country, you might want to acquire one that is actually an asset, as opposed to one that can't spell "hamburger" and surrounds himself with people who spend 50k to improve poll performance and manage to finish last.
    Kind of depends what their goal is doesn't it? Hard to deny that our relationships with allies and standing in the world have diminished with the clown we have in office.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I would think a bumbling, cowardly, pathological liar in the White House would be considered an asset for Russia. Not for us, surely, but for them. His mere presence there is to their advantage.

I may have missed your point too, Hovey.
      Nah, I'm pretty sure that most everyone got it. It's just that people are so butthurt around here, and around the country, that no one is willing to even laugh anymore.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by deutsche gopher fan View Post
        lol

bwhahahahahaha!!!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I'm just laughing that CNN had a moment over 'sexist' salads.
          It's not the choice of salads they're referring to as sexist. I personally think this particular complaint is a bit silly but it's not completely groundless either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I'm just laughing that CNN had a moment over 'sexist' salads.

My supper last night? On the way through Fargo: fajita salad, Mexican Village. Sexist. Or would that be racist because I was at Mexican Village.
            are you really that dumb? no one said serving or eating salads is sexist... it was the dumb joke Trump made that some people found sexist

Comment

If you're going to make the POTUS an asset of your country, you might want to acquire one that is actually an asset, as opposed to one that can't spell "hamburger" and surrounds himself with people who spend 50k to improve poll performance and manage to finish last.
              Whoever is POTUS can lift sanction that someone else does not want. You don't need to be able to spell to do that. Just do what your controller wants you to do. Smart has nothing to do with it.

The fact that it appears that the people he HIRED to run his election were caught doing pretty obvious things tells me that 1) they are dumb, and 2) their leader is a poor selector of talent. But they still could have done illegal things, for Russia.

Comment

Russia's goal was to put the US into chaos.

Unwittingly, it actually gained an ally. Trump has turned a blind eye on annexing part of Ukraine and is trying to get congress to allow sanctions to be reduced.

Nah, I'm pretty sure that most everyone got it. It's just that people are so butthurt around here, and around the country, that no one is willing to even laugh anymore.
                What exactly is so funny?
                Go Gophers!

Comment

I have no idea where to put this so it’s going here.

Mike Huckabee’s YouTube TV show
                  https://***********/lasagnagarden/st...599634432?s=21
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    Russia's goal was to put the US into chaos.

Unwittingly, it actually gained an ally. Trump has turned a blind eye on annexing part of Ukraine and is trying to get congress to allow sanctions to be reduced.
                    Hey, what's this: Russian State News states "Secretary of Russia’s Security Council Nikolai Patrushev has said that Ukraine could lose its statehood, if Kiev continues to pursue its current policy."
                    "The continuation of such policy by the Kiev authorities can contribute to the loss of Ukraine’s statehood," he said in an interview with Rossiyskaya Gazeta. According to Patrushev, "the Kiev authorities are doing everything to split Ukraine, implementing the West’s scenario to break Ukraine away from Russia, while ignoring the interests of its own people."

"As a result, the country was de facto split. The population of the western regions does not trust natives of southeast considering them to be supporters of the ‘Russian world." In southern and eastern regions, Kiev’s power is ensured, to a large extent, at the expense of moral and physical pressure exerted on the local population by radical nationalists," Patrushev stressed.

"Because of that, anti-government sentiment in the aforementioned regions is mounting, with the public rift exacerbated by the inter-church standoff," he added.
                    And here we're just sitting around with our hands in our pants talking about a wall while Russia is set to reclaim the Ukraine.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Hey, what's this: Russian State News states "Secretary of Russia’s Security Council Nikolai Patrushev has said that Ukraine could lose its statehood, if Kiev continues to pursue its current policy."

And here we're just sitting around with our hands in our pants talking about a wall while Russia is set to reclaim the Ukraine.
                      While an enormous problem for our country. That's probably the biggest wedge imaginable for the GOP.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        While an enormous problem for our country. That's probably the biggest wedge imaginable for the GOP.
                        Why exactly is it an "enormous problem" for the US? The Ukraine is a mess. It probably rivals Russia in terms of being one of the most corrupt places on the planet. The Ukraine was trying to meddle in the US election, too. But things are such a mess over there that they were largely ineffective.

If you are a country trying to be a democratically elected government, then yes we should support you and defend you. If you're a bunch of corrupt leeches fighting for the blood with other corrupt leeches, meh.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Hate to miss humor. It's important.

Comment

Why exactly is it an "enormous problem" for the US? The Ukraine is a mess. It probably rivals Russia in terms of being one of the most corrupt places on the planet. The Ukraine was trying to meddle in the US election, too. But things are such a mess over there that they were largely ineffective.

If you are a country trying to be a democratically elected government, then yes we should support you and defend you. If you're a bunch of corrupt leeches fighting for the blood with other corrupt leeches, meh.
                            I'm pretty sure the problem is Russia violating sovereign borders, not which borders they decide to violate. Though it's all fun and games until it's Poland.

The right has used appeasement and the Munich Conference to describe hundreds of completely unrelated things over the last 60 years. The one time it actually applies they are in the tank with it. I get why Dump carries Putin's water -- he's been paid to do it. But why do you?
                            Last edited by Kepler; 01-17-2019, 11:57 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Mentioning the fast food frenzy, Trump joked that his food choices were better than having the first lady make them “some quick little salads.”

And a CNN reporter called that sexist? < sigh >

I'm pretty sure a full meal put out by the WH staff would've started with a salad course. Sexist?
                              There were salads stacked on his tables
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                There were salads stacked on his tables
                                Mookie saw them too..
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X