Thread: RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

discuss

Re: RPI & Harvard (1/4/19) & Army @ RPI (1/5/19)

Harvard is 5-4-2 overall, 2-3-2 in the ECAC.

Harvardís defense sprang a few leaks early in the season, as they started off with a 7-6 loss to Dartmouth, a 5-3 loss to Quinnipiac, and a 4-4 tie with Princeton. The results of their last four games would seem to indicate that the Crimson had patched those leaks, as they gave up a total of only 5 goals in those four games, including victories over Colgate and Bentley and a split of two games with Cornell.

RPI, of course, has struggled to score goals. The four goals they scored in two games in the Catamount Cup this weekend seems like an offensive explosion compared to most of the season. Going up against a defense thatís been playing to a 1.25 GAA over its last four games sounds like the last thing RPI needs. If there is a note of optimism to be sounded for RPI fans, it may lie in the fact that Harvardís most recent game was played December 4 (they had an exhibition game scheduled against Team China this evening [Dec. 29], but it was cancelled). If you canít cool off a hot goalie any other way, maybe a month of enforced idleness will do it.

Armyís overall record is about as average as it is possible to be, 8 wins, 8 losses, and 1 tie, with 49 goals scored and 49 goals allowed. They are currently playing in the Ledyard Bank tournament in Hanover, where they lost to Dartmouth this evening, 5-2, and will play Brown tomorrow afternoon. The Black Knights split two games in each of the previous four weekends that they played, going 1-1 against Sacred Heart, Bentley, Niagara, and Canisius. Up to now, they have played only two games against ECAC opponents and have not fared well, as in addition to tonightís loss they also lost by three goals to Union.

Made in the USA

One other thing to remember: We haven't beat the USMA since 2007. Yes, we've only played them twice since then, but only one of those years we were terrible. I'm a bit weary of this one.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Harvard beat Concordia of Canada in an exhibition game today, 5-1. I'm not sure how long ago the game was arranged. As of last night, it had not been listed on the Harvard schedule that appeared on USCHO.

This probably helped the Crimson to scrape off whatever rust they had accumulated since December 4.

Army lost to Brown today, 5-3, so they will be coming to Troy with an 0-3 record against the ECAC.

Army's probably tired of losing to the ECAC and RPI is most assuredly tired of losing, period. One of those teams' fortunes should change on Saturday night.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    Harvard beat Concordia of Canada in an exhibition game today, 5-1. I'm not sure how long ago the game was arranged. As of last night, it had not been listed on the Harvard schedule that appeared on USCHO.

This probably helped the Crimson to scrape off whatever rust they had accumulated since December 4.

Army lost to Brown today, 5-3, so they will be coming to Troy with an 0-3 record against the ECAC.

Army's probably tired of losing to the ECAC and RPI is most assuredly tired of losing, period. One of those teams' fortunes should change on Saturday night.
    Harvard was supposed to play the Chinese national team, but once that fell through, they picked up an emergency exhibition opponent.

And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

I was going to pick Army's goalie on PtC, but...Army has been playing Dempsey in goal. He was good last year, but appears to be in a sophomore slump/
    Kozlowski had the starts early (thru 11/10/18) and had good stats .913 sv%, 2.~ GAA (Dempsey at .885--3.4)
    Is Kozlowski injured? What happened to Dempsey?

Is Savory officially RPI's #1 goalie?
    Last edited by vizoroo; 01-03-2019 at 01:41 AM.
    GO DU !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vizoroo View Post
    Is Savory officially RPI's #1 goalie?
    Not as far as I can tell.

If anyone wands to help (or hinder) Army's broadcaster.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    If anyone wands to help (or hinder) Army's broadcaster.

Notty Pine 11 times out of 10. Although if it's a quick slice of pizza, I'd consider whatever they call Pizza Bella now over on the other side of campus. Not that far away, especially if this dude's willing to go all the way down to 8th.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I'll again register my annual complaint with this event. No disrespect to a Great cause, but it's like giving up whatever small home ice advantage we might have. Hockey is meant to be played in a vibrant, loud atmosphere. My two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I'll again register my annual complaint with this event. No disrespect to a Great cause, but it's like giving up whatever small home ice advantage we might have. Hockey is meant to be played in a vibrant, loud atmosphere. My two cents
    At least itís a non-league game unlike the past few years. Of course weíve been on the road so long they should be used to the quiet by now. Everyone will just have to cheer a little louder!! LGR!!

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

While I totally understand your complaint, it is a worthwhile cause and a game against a non conference team makes it very acceptable to me.
    I would like to know what kind of attendance this generates from the autistic community.
    I would love to see those kids get the opportunity to see a hockey game in person without the anxiety that the noise would generate.
    AspyDad, are you out there?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    While I totally understand your complaint, it is a worthwhile cause and a game against a non conference team makes it very acceptable to me.
    I would like to know what kind of attendance this generates from the autistic community.
    I would love to see those kids get the opportunity to see a hockey game in person without the anxiety that the noise would generate.
    AspyDad, are you out there?
    I truly do get it, and realize I'm likely in the minority. Again, a truly great cause originally spearheaded by Aspy....but I don't have to like it. 😜

Made in the USA

It's not all that vibrant when there aren't students around. Just saying.

I agree with your complaint. I would really be unhappy if I made a trip all the way up to Troy for a game and arrived only to discover it was Autism Awareness night.

Last year I complained about the same thing, especially because it was scheduled for a game against an ECAC opponent. Bad enough to give up the home ice advantage, but doubly bad to give it up in a game that counts in the league standings.

On the other hand, last year's Autism Awareness game was against St. Lawrence - and RPI actually won it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Notty Pine 11 times out of 10. Although if it's a quick slice of pizza, I'd consider whatever they call Pizza Bella now over on the other side of campus. Not that far away, especially if this dude's willing to go all the way down to 8th.

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's not all that vibrant when there aren't students around. Just saying.
    Itís not all that vibrant when there are students around

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    It’s not all that vibrant when there are students around
    Sadly in today's day and age, you raise a valid point. Doesn't help that the students' section is an elitist group known as the Red Army, which I know would turn me away, despite school spirit.

Thread Information