This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

That was an ugly first period - makes it easy to switch to the Team USA game...

3-0 Yale (shots 9-4)
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

4-2 Yale in the second period. BVR and Wyse with the UNH goals. Taylor in goal for the 'Cats.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        That was an ugly first period - makes it easy to switch to the Team USA game...

3-0 Yale (shots 9-4)
        Only way to get uglier is giving up a SHG; oops.

Comment

5-3 Yale deep into the second. Wyse's and one of BVR's two goals are shorthanded as well.

Comment

Eight goals on 24 shots in this game...
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Taylor pulled for Robinson after UNH fell behind 4-0 early in the second.

Comment

Ok down 1 let’s go ‘Cats!!!! BVR on shortie fire! Wyse 2 on the night not over yet!!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Tie Game!!!!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• I said UNH should sweep the Bentley, MC, Yale portion of the schedule and they nearly did just that. Nice comeback tonight taking advantage of a back-up goalie and two missing D-men for five goals!

Really nice job by Robinsom settling down a wild game - he allowed one goal on 14 shots. Tucker was also good in relief for Yale. The two starters allowed eight goals on 22 shots...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

UNH went over a year without a SHG, and now they have three in the past month, two by BvR, I think.

And, Mack beat NU 1-0 tonight, so that might help our PWR?

Comment

Does tonight solidify the “Taylor experiment is over”

Comment

Originally posted by emily422 View Post
                          Does tonight solidify the “Taylor experiment is over”
                          For the program's sake, I hope not. But he's a distant second in the competition right now. So be it.

Interesting how this game arguably bookends with the Brown game this time last season, where UNH coughed up a four goal lead to settle for a tie, in what in retrospect was the beginning of the end of the Quest for the NRN. When is the last time a UNH team came out of the midseason break with three games unbeaten? And two of those while missing their best player??

Remains to be seen if this is sustainable, but it's nice to have a rooting interest in a competitive team again. Almost enough to make us forget the absence of the blue chip Swedish recruit who still appears to be AWOL (yeah, there I go again, peeing in the punchbowl). Al Pike, know your role - do your job!!

Comment

Wow...What.A.Game!! Gutsy comeback by our ‘Cats who clawed their way from being 4 goals down to the tie almost winning it in OT. Hats off to digging down deep against a top 20 team. I don't know if I've ever seen them do that...the crowd was really into it too. There's a definite shift at the 'Whitt I think folks!!

Wild shorties by BvR and an amazing night for Wyse who battled the penalty box all night and showed real leadership out there netting a shortie of his own and dishing out 2 assists! ...Big hustle by Justin Fregona and Eric Esposito (scoring his first NCAA goal) for their goals and to the work Ko Sato/Rich Boyd and Ryan Verrier put in on the comeback. Robinson proves he’s the one but I’m not counting Ty Taylor out.

Onto the Boston’s!! Go ‘Cats!!
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-05-2019, 11:12 PM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Big game for Wyse. Crazy ice time, he played 4 min plus of overtime... And that was after a similar work load in the late 3rd. I would be interested in his minutes in this game.

When does a 5-5 tie feel like a win... When you come from 4 goals back and then again from 3 goals back to get it.

This is potentially a big step forward. The last few Umile teams would have rolled over and played dead down 3-0 after one. It is good to see them dig, scratch and claw. Lots of effort against a clearly more talented team.
                              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                                Big game for Wyse. Crazy ice time, he played 4 min plus of overtime... And that was after a similar work load in the late 3rd. I would be interested in his minutes in this game.

When does a 5-5 tie feel like a win... When you come from 4 goals back and then again from 3 goals back to get it.

This is potentially a big step forward. The last few Umile teams would have rolled over and played dead down 3-0 after one. It is good to see them dig, scratch and claw. Lots of effort against a clearly more talented team.
                                When it feels like a loss for the other team!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X