X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    What time on Friday?
    Whatever time the Friday edition of the Hartford Courant goes to press.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Whatever time the Friday edition of the Hartford Courant goes to press.
      Ok, 5:30 am is apparently when the HC updates their website stories. I will take the over, meaning that I do not think that Luce will claim any tutelage of MS by 5:30 am Friday. But, someone else will need to track this contest.

Meanwhile, next trivia question, which is much easier than Dan's trivia questions: what is the Hartford Courant's biggest claim to fame?

Comment

It wasn't all that long ago, UNH still held the overall series lead against BC. Well into this century even.

Over/under on Luce making reference to Souza as part of his "coaching tree" (shrub?) is next Friday.
        This thread a few years ago - ”Where does Coach Cavanaugh get off telling Souza to demand successor language in his assistant contract?”

Seems to be working out, looking a gift horse in the mouth are we?

It’d be ok, actually a demonstration of maturity and character to recognize this, but we all know that’s not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
          This thread a few years ago - ”Where does Coach Cavanaugh get off telling Souza to demand successor language in his assistant contract?”

Seems to be working out, looking a gift horse in the mouth are we?

It’d be ok, actually a demonstration of maturity and character to recognize this, but we all know that’s not going to happen.
          The idea that Luce was acting as Souza's de facto agent in his contract negotiations with UNH is laugh-out-loud funny. Y'know, the same UNH where Souza's "father" or "uncle" or other close family member was the in situ head coach at the time? So close, in fact, Souza needed Luce to intervene?!?

Please, do continue. I love nothing better than watching a gullible sap (p.s. - that's you) fall for Luce's self-aggrandizing spiel.

Comment

Elbow,

Keep your carpet-baggin' Zoo-Conn crap off this thread, d'ya hear?? And git off my lawn, ya over-pampered nancy-boy!!
            I'm old, I'm grouchy, GIT OVER IT!!
            AND GIT OFF MY T-HALL LAWN!!!

Comment

Only a matter of time before we get to Luce's "me and Jerry York" spiel.

It's too bad we won't have Luce Canaan to kick around much longer …

Comment

Only a matter of time before we get to Luce's "me and Jerry York" spiel.

It's too bad we won't have Luce Canaan to kick around much longer …
                Which, if either happens, comes first? "Me and Souza" or "Me and Jerry York"?

And, why has Yukon so dominated UNH the past three seasons?

Comment

That's a very good question...I mean, they've had Tage Thompson, Leturnov, (if I have that right) Masonius, (who have all moved on) and decent goal tending. Outside of that, I've always wondered myself...
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Because UNH stunk and had an indifferent coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                      Because UNH stunk and had an indifferent coach?
                      We have a winner!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        We have a winner!!!
                        Guess I was trying to be a bit more...diplomatic? At the same time, you can't argue they've had talent...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Same reason pretty much every other team dominated us, we sucked.
                          GO BLUE!

Comment

We have a winner!!!
                            I have a feeling you already knew the answer to your own question...those of us who have gone to all of those games in the past 3,4 seasons lived through it first hand...And it still remains to be seen how we are going to pan out.

You’ve yet to give the Huskies their due despite your feeling about their coach. Not that they’ve done anything overly special with the talent they had but they sure had our number. Maybe they still do! Guess we’ll find out...
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              That's a very good question...I mean, they've had Tage Thompson, Leturnov, (if I have that right) Masonius, (who have all moved on) and decent goal tending. Outside of that, I've always wondered myself...
                              HR, i think it is hard to say Greg is off but you were looking for more. I believe that UConn has improved in recruiting the past few years but as Greg said pretty much every coach knows how to defend against us. We have (even in the good years) struggled with any team that employs the trap against us. We also struggle with teams that clog up the shooting lanes and just block shot after shot. BU, MC, UM. That is why even during the long BC drought we had exciting games that were fun to watch and even a 2-3 goal lose usually came at the end when the cat was tired of playing with the mouse. BC plays just as wide open as we do. Just usually have more fire power and depth.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                I have a feeling you already knew the answer to your own question...those of us who have gone to all of those games in the past 3,4 seasons lived through it first hand...And it still remains to be seen how we are going to pan out.

You’ve yet to give the Huskies their due despite your feeling about their coach. Not that they’ve done anything overly special with the talent they had but they sure had our number. Maybe they still do! Guess we’ll find out...
                                Actually, it wasn't "(my) own question". Snively65 asked it. I was just being my old Luce-baiting self.

There's no "due" owed to UConn. They were a slightly less sucky program than UNH has been as of late. That may very well be changing. And if so, it's only a matter of time before Luce swoops in like the human vulture that he is, and claims credit for grooming Souza. Watch and wait. It's inevitable.

Greg and d.gerry are correct, and sometimes it's really just that simple. So UConn won a few meaningless games. Like the BC kids used to taunt us back in the day … "hang a banner" ...

Comment

Working...
                                X