Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Today's prediction:

UNH 4
    @ UMaine 4
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Five for Fighting

Three out of four points on the road, I guess we can call that a good weekend.

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Quote Originally Posted by d.gerry View Post
    Three out of four points on the road, I guess we can call that a good weekend.
    Could not agree more!!!

Five for Fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Could not agree more!!!
    Too bad they couldnít hang on at the end, a four point weekend would have been huge. But hey, compared to the last couple of seasons who am I to complain! Imagine where we might be if we could stop spotting teams a two goal lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Today's prediction:

UNH 4
    @ UMaine 4
    Ok, you were first to congratulate yourself on the other thread, but I will be first on this thread; 4-4 was a really gutsy call, for sure, not so much the tie, our seventh , but that high number of goals for two teams that have been challenged in that department, and rely heavily on their goal keepers. If this one had been part of an official contest, you would have won a free beer at Libby's.

msprice

Andrew Poturalski tied for #4 in AHL scoring with #1 Charlotte Checkers.

So this point streak Liam Blackburn is on (13 pts in 13 games) has to be close to it is a school record? Anyone know? He had a 4 point weekend...

Wow so close today and frankly thought we got out of there by the skin of our teeth! Still driving home and was glad we made the trip. Maybe itís not what it used to be (the rivalry) but donít tell their raucous student section and they have a great band...Anyway a points a point hoping to snag a Few more this weekend! Is it Friday yet?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by msprice View Post
    Wow!! I saw where he was added to the upcoming AHL All Star game...

Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos

Quote Originally Posted by msprice View Post
    Darren Haydar, Mach II

So this point streak Liam Blackburn is on (13 pts in 13 games) has to be close to it is a school record? Anyone know? He had a 4 point weekend...

Wow so close today and frankly thought we got out of there by the skin of our teeth! Still driving home and was glad we made the trip. Maybe itís not what it used to be (the rivalry) but donít tell their raucous student section and they have a great band...Anyway a points a point hoping to snag a Few more this weekend! Is it Friday yet?!?!
    Back in the rip roaring goal scoring days of the late 1970s, we had players who probably scored 13 points in one weekend. :-)

I think that the UNH-Maine rivalry is still there, but an argument can be made that the rivalry is no longer relevant, although I do not agree, as probably only one of these two teams will make the HEA post-season first round and a chance for a Gahden return this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Back in the rip roaring goal scoring days of the late 1970s, we had players who probably scored 13 points in one weekend. :-)

I think that the UNH-Maine rivalry is still there, but an argument can be made that the rivalry is no longer relevant, although I do not agree, as probably only one of these two teams will make the HEA post-season first round and a chance for a Gahden return this season.
    Asked CHC and the winner is (drumroll) no other than Jamie Hislop with 31! I agree that you can make a case for a rivalry; these two teams most likely will be neck and neck going down the stretch. Soooo much rides on the next 3 weekends!! Hope to see you soon when you heading up UNH way?

Asked CHC and the winner is (drumroll) no other than Jamie Hislop with 31! I agree that you can make a case for a rivalry; these two teams most likely will be neck and neck going down the stretch. Soooo much rides on the next 3 weekends!! Hope to see you soon when you heading up UNH way?
    Yup, back in high falutin goal scoring days. Still, 31 straight games is incredible; perhaps straddled two seasons?

OK Ö so with about a month or so left in the RS, the HE standings are shaking out nicely, and it looks like your UNH Wildcats have a very good shot at being in the postseason mix, having moved up to 7th place and being 4 points clear of Merrimack with two games in hand. Hard to see Merrimack, UVM and next weekend's opponents playing well enough to make up the necessary ground to catch the likes of UMaine and UNH. Which got me to thinking Ö

Why doesn't Hockey East adopt the promotion/relegation system, starting this season?

Let's say the last place team in HE gets automatically relegated to Atlantic Hockey. Maybe the same with the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey? And the AH winners get promoted, too. That way, deserving AH programs like AIC (or Almost In College for you newbies) or Bentley can get a chance to hobnob on a regular basis with the "real" D-1 hockey programs in the area. And undeserving afterthought programs (I'm thinking of one located in Storrs CT in particular) can go back to where they came from, and not be allowed to take their position in the D-1 college hockey universe for granted?

Personally, I think this is a great idea whose time has definitely arrived. Thoughts?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    OK Ö so with about a month or so left in the RS, the HE standings are shaking out nicely, and it looks like your UNH Wildcats have a very good shot at being in the postseason mix, having moved up to 7th place and being 4 points clear of Merrimack with two games in hand. Hard to see Merrimack, UVM and next weekend's opponents playing well enough to make up the necessary ground to catch the likes of UMaine and UNH. Which got me to thinking Ö

Why doesn't Hockey East adopt the promotion/relegation system, starting this season?

Let's say the last place team in HE gets automatically relegated to Atlantic Hockey. Maybe the same with the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey? And the AH winners get promoted, too. That way, deserving AH programs like AIC (or Almost In College for you newbies) or Bentley can get a chance to hobnob on a regular basis with the "real" D-1 hockey programs in the area. And undeserving afterthought programs (I'm thinking of one located in Storrs CT in particular) can go back to where they came from, and not be allowed to take their position in the D-1 college hockey universe for granted?

Personally, I think this is a great idea whose time has definitely arrived. Thoughts?!?
    What makes you think that the AHC would take 'em? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    What makes you think that the AHC would take 'em? :-)
    I think they're probably still covered under the extended warranty, no?

Thread Information