This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Andrew Poturalski tied for #4 in AHL scoring with #1 Charlotte Checkers.

Comment

So this point streak Liam Blackburn is on (13 pts in 13 games) has to be close to it is a school record? Anyone know? He had a 4 point weekend...

Wow so close today and frankly thought we got out of there by the skin of our teeth! Still driving home and was glad we made the trip. Maybe it’s not what it used to be (the rivalry) but don’t tell their raucous student section and they have a great band...Anyway a points a point hoping to snag a Few more this weekend! Is it Friday yet?!?!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by msprice View Post
        Wow!! I saw where he was added to the upcoming AHL All Star game...

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
          Darren Haydar, Mach II
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            So this point streak Liam Blackburn is on (13 pts in 13 games) has to be close to it is a school record? Anyone know? He had a 4 point weekend...

Wow so close today and frankly thought we got out of there by the skin of our teeth! Still driving home and was glad we made the trip. Maybe it’s not what it used to be (the rivalry) but don’t tell their raucous student section and they have a great band...Anyway a points a point hoping to snag a Few more this weekend! Is it Friday yet?!?!
            Back in the rip roaring goal scoring days of the late 1970s, we had players who probably scored 13 points in one weekend. :-)

I think that the UNH-Maine rivalry is still there, but an argument can be made that the rivalry is no longer relevant, although I do not agree, as probably only one of these two teams will make the HEA post-season first round and a chance for a Gahden return this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Back in the rip roaring goal scoring days of the late 1970s, we had players who probably scored 13 points in one weekend. :-)

I think that the UNH-Maine rivalry is still there, but an argument can be made that the rivalry is no longer relevant, although I do not agree, as probably only one of these two teams will make the HEA post-season first round and a chance for a Gahden return this season.
              Asked CHC and the winner is (drumroll) no other than Jamie Hislop with 31! I agree that you can make a case for a rivalry; these two teams most likely will be neck and neck going down the stretch. Soooo much rides on the next 3 weekends!! Hope to see you soon when you heading up UNH way?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Asked CHC and the winner is (drumroll) no other than Jamie Hislop with 31! I agree that you can make a case for a rivalry; these two teams most likely will be neck and neck going down the stretch. Soooo much rides on the next 3 weekends!! Hope to see you soon when you heading up UNH way?
                Yup, back in high falutin goal scoring days. Still, 31 straight games is incredible; perhaps straddled two seasons?

Comment

OK … so with about a month or so left in the RS, the HE standings are shaking out nicely, and it looks like your UNH Wildcats have a very good shot at being in the postseason mix, having moved up to 7th place and being 4 points clear of Merrimack with two games in hand. Hard to see Merrimack, UVM and next weekend's opponents playing well enough to make up the necessary ground to catch the likes of UMaine and UNH. Which got me to thinking …

Why doesn't Hockey East adopt the promotion/relegation system, starting this season?

Let's say the last place team in HE gets automatically relegated to Atlantic Hockey. Maybe the same with the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey? And the AH winners get promoted, too. That way, deserving AH programs like AIC (or Almost In College for you newbies) or Bentley can get a chance to hobnob on a regular basis with the "real" D-1 hockey programs in the area. And undeserving afterthought programs (I'm thinking of one located in Storrs CT in particular) can go back to where they came from, and not be allowed to take their position in the D-1 college hockey universe for granted?

Personally, I think this is a great idea whose time has definitely arrived. Thoughts?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    OK … so with about a month or so left in the RS, the HE standings are shaking out nicely, and it looks like your UNH Wildcats have a very good shot at being in the postseason mix, having moved up to 7th place and being 4 points clear of Merrimack with two games in hand. Hard to see Merrimack, UVM and next weekend's opponents playing well enough to make up the necessary ground to catch the likes of UMaine and UNH. Which got me to thinking …

Why doesn't Hockey East adopt the promotion/relegation system, starting this season?

Let's say the last place team in HE gets automatically relegated to Atlantic Hockey. Maybe the same with the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey? And the AH winners get promoted, too. That way, deserving AH programs like AIC (or Almost In College for you newbies) or Bentley can get a chance to hobnob on a regular basis with the "real" D-1 hockey programs in the area. And undeserving afterthought programs (I'm thinking of one located in Storrs CT in particular) can go back to where they came from, and not be allowed to take their position in the D-1 college hockey universe for granted?

Personally, I think this is a great idea whose time has definitely arrived. Thoughts?!?
                    What makes you think that the AHC would take 'em? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      What makes you think that the AHC would take 'em? :-)
                      I think they're probably still covered under the extended warranty, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

This is a joke, right!

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                          This is a joke, right!
                          Knowing Chuck the way I don't, he very well could be dead serious. Haha!
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            Knowing Chuck the way I don't, he very well could be dead serious. Haha!
                            Thanks e.cat, you are right, knowing Chuck.....

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                              Thanks e.cat, you are right, knowing Chuck.....
                              It's his ultimate plan to finally rid Hockey East of the UConn Huskies...and I would agree he has this all planned out.

Comment

Anyone else hear about the proposed changes to the ice surface? Apparently the refrigeration system has failed and is slated for replacement. Rumor is, as part of the refeer project, the ice surface will be reduced to NHL dimensions, in addition to the installation of new and more “giving” glass.
                                GO BLUE!

Comment

Working...
                                X