This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Looking more and more like DU’s departure was definitely a couple of years too late, really was a sad ending to what was a great career (sorry to beat a dead horse). Souza’s version of Wildcat hockey certainly has a long way to go (maybe a long, long way to go) to get back to the upper echelons of the league however, I don’t think anyone can deny the marked improvement. This team actually has heart and work ethic that has been missing for some time. Hope I’m not reading too much into beating “teams we should beat”, but it nice to finally feel some optimism in the direction the program is moving. Another big test on Monday, here’s hoping they can go take a point or two out of Alford.
    GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
      Looking more and more like DU’s departure was definitely a couple of years too late, really was a sad ending to what was a great career (sorry to beat a dead horse). Souza’s version of Wildcat hockey certainly has a long way to go (maybe a long, long way to go) to get back to the upper echelons of the league however, I don’t think anyone can deny the marked improvement. This team actually has heart and work ethic that has been missing for some time. Hope I’m not reading too much into beating “teams we should beat”, but it nice to finally feel some optimism in the direction the program is moving. Another big test on Monday, here’s hoping they can go take a point or two out of Alford.
      There's definitely a marked improvement as you mention in the motivation on the ice; the urgency...fans are enjoying the energy this team brings! You have to stay ahead of the teams beneath and that's the 'teams you should beat' kind of thing (at least as I see it). 'Mack had a 3 game win streak and we barely got out of the 'Whit with that gutsy OT win so they have shown they can be a team you can't look past but...should be able to win. At this point, the 'Cats have made a statement they can play with anyone and shouldn't be overlooked on any given night. That being said Maine (who can bring it), UConn, UVM are all games we need to garner points.

It's tough out there every single night tho….but these games are 'winnable'. With NU and UML still left on the table...gotta get the points and make some noise in the next few games. And even those games are winnable!! But...hockey is such a volatile sport so 'on any given night' anything can happen! Personally I have no illusions about what could be possible for this team but I sure am enjoying the process, because it's through the process that you can somewhere great if you can sustain the energy needed to get there. As you say...it's a different vibe that I hope continues to attract the top talent needed to bring them to the next level, and the next! Go 'Cats!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

SNHU goal was ESPN’s top play of the day from yesterday. Fun fact.

Nice win, Cats!
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Fun win tonight; pulled to .500, making it really interesting in HE points...if we can take care of business and somehow keep rolling...my goal for them to make the HE tourney will be a reality. But one game at a time. Not sure why Charlie Kelleher didn't play tonight? Big "Whittamore Center South" crowd on hand too! Blackburn keeps rolling with the points and BvR pots another goal his 3rd in two games. Kudos to Mike Robinson for the shutout! A win on the road is a good thing...can we duplicate the effort on Monday? Go 'Cats!
          Did the Whittemore South crowd sing the "drive home safely" chant to the Mack fans near game's end? if not, dem were da days.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Did the Whittemore South crowd sing the "drive home safely" chant to the Mack fans near game's end? if not, dem were da days.
            haha well, no I don't think that happened. I did say it tho!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Team started 1-6-3, 0-2 against ranked teams, scoring 2.2 while giving up 2.9

Since then, 7-2-3, 2-1-2 against ranked teams, scoring 3.3 while giving up 2.3

Winnable stretch of 7 games in advance of NU/UML (as HR points out). This could get fun.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post

Winnable stretch of 7 games in advance of NU/UML (as HR points out). This could get fun.
                Very impressive stats! Anything can happen won't it be wild through the stretch!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                  Orrrrr..... maybe it was all Borek's fault? Check out the PC season thread.

Comment

In other news … next weekend's opposition got crushed the other night by lowly RPI.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post

The scoring uptick is most welcome. The best of three first round format is difficult, but qualifying for the playoffs, very possibly higher than the eighth seed, is progress. Hopefully the seeding works so fans and the team don't have to travel far. Meaningful games are fun.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Today's prediction:

UNH 4
                        @ UMaine 4
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Three out of four points on the road, I guess we can call that a good weekend.
                          GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                            Three out of four points on the road, I guess we can call that a good weekend.
                            Could not agree more!!!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Could not agree more!!!
                              Too bad they couldn’t hang on at the end, a four point weekend would have been huge. But hey, compared to the last couple of seasons who am I to complain! Imagine where we might be if we could stop spotting teams a two goal lead.
                              GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Today's prediction:

UNH 4
                                @ UMaine 4
                                Ok, you were first to congratulate yourself on the other thread, but I will be first on this thread; 4-4 was a really gutsy call, for sure, not so much the tie, our seventh , but that high number of goals for two teams that have been challenged in that department, and rely heavily on their goal keepers. If this one had been part of an official contest, you would have won a free beer at Libby's.

Comment

Working...
                                X