This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Oh, I get that. The third goal came on a puck that was careening on edge. But, given that the game is a lost cause given the way that his team is playing in front of him, I cannot think of a better time to give TT a chance to face some serious rubber.
    I would tend to agree with you - but I'd guess the UNH staff is still thinking comeback and believes Robinson gives them the best shot at that outcome...

Also couldn't fault them if they've just decided it's Robinson's job this year and if he's healthy and playing well then he is in there. Taylor's next shot to compete for significant minutes may be next season at this point...

---

The rest of the team looks tired and slow tonight. Fanning on a lot of passes and shots all over the ice. Worst effort in a long while - but credit Vermont for playing with a lot of pace...
    Last edited by Dan; 02-09-2019, 07:34 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Cheap, but I’ll take it ...
      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
        Bails them out after another bad PP. I'll never understand the idea to stack five of your top six scorers on one PP and start your second unit instead. The first PP got on the ice with less than 30 seconds left and the puck in their own end...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

No focus tonight. UVM is one of the worst teams in the country and UNH let them dominate. I know players think they can win any game but it looks like they will have little chance against Lowell with not much better prospects against Northeastern. Having a week off, then two home games vs. NU, might help them. Let’s hope so.

Comment

Well, as predicted, a sweep up in Burlington was not in the cards.
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
              Yep not shut out at least!!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                No focus tonight. UVM is one of the worst teams in the country and UNH let them dominate. I know players think they can win any game but it looks like they will have little chance against Lowell with not much better prospects against Northeastern. Having a week off, then two home games vs. NU, might help them. Let’s hope so.
                Didn’t match the intensity...the bye week will do them good I agree! We are in the hunt and that’s something to be happy about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                  No focus tonight. UVM is one of the worst teams in the country and UNH let them dominate.
                  UVM is admittedly not good, but we're not one of the worst teams in the country either. I mean, we managed to take 3 of 4 points on the road against PC just last weekend. Perhaps you should check your own laundry.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    UVM is admittedly not good, but we're not one of the worst teams in the country either. I mean, we managed to take 3 of 4 points on the road against PC just last weekend. Perhaps you should check your own laundry.
                    Well I was at both games and was very impressed both nights with your intensity level up and down the ice. And of course your goalie is outstanding. We couldn’t muster anything on the PP among many other things.

That’s not saying we didn’t have good things going but hey you deserved that win tonight and we were lucky last night in that goal tenders duel. UVM was rarely outskated played tough as hell in the boards...we were outplayed plain and simple. (Oops I’m going to be in the dog Er cat house for these comments...)

Good luck the rest of the way...And ‘Cats (our ‘Cats) you’ve come a long way this season and we are very proud of you. Dust yourselves off and get ready to push to the end it’s going to be quite a ride!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      You’re right, just mediocre. Sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        I would tend to agree with you - but I'd guess the UNH staff is still thinking comeback and believes Robinson gives them the best shot at that outcome...

Also couldn't fault them if they've just decided it's Robinson's job this year and if he's healthy and playing well then he is in there. Taylor's next shot to compete for significant minutes may be next season at this point...

---

The rest of the team looks tired and slow tonight. Fanning on a lot of passes and shots all over the ice. Worst effort in a long while - but credit Vermont for playing with a lot of pace...
                        Players may have been slow and tired because the fourth line and third D pair saw very little ice time in the first two periods.

My $34 seat was four rows above the UVM bench, where I think that I could read Sneddon's lips when he called his time out before UNH went on their 1+ minute of 5 on 3 PP. I think that he told his players: "take advantage of the two UNH forwards behind the net, as Lekkas will be fine; just focus on stealing their inept passes out front for an odd man rush and a shortie." And, once again, that almost happened, without even one UNH SOG. Simply pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Hard to disagree. I don't think we'll see Taylor again this year, short of an injury or a sudden dip in form from Robinson. Taylor had a few chances, and (like the challengers to Tirone in recent past seasons, or to past starters in earlier seasons) simply didn't do well enough to justify taking time away from the incumbent starter. It's Robinson's job to lose, from here on out. He's backstopped UNH's remarkable turnaround, and he's earned the right to finish up against the Northeasterns and the Lowells down the stretch, plus the HE Quarters. Five really important RS games coming up from here on out. Can't wait.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Well I was at both games and was very impressed both nights with your intensity level up and down the ice. And of course your goalie is outstanding. We couldn’t muster anything on the PP among many other things.

That’s not saying we didn’t have good things going but hey you deserved that win tonight and we were lucky last night in that goal tenders duel. UVM was rarely outskated played tough as hell in the boards...we were outplayed plain and simple. (Oops I’m going to be in the dog Er cat house for these comments...)

Good luck the rest of the way...And ‘Cats (our ‘Cats) you’ve come a long way this season and we are very proud of you. Dust yourselves off and get ready to push to the end it’s going to be quite a ride!!
                            Thanks for the objective assessment — classy! Good luck to you guys too!

Comment

Barring some amazing developments down the stretch, it's hard to see any of UVM, UConn or Merrimack getting back into playoff contention. UVM probably is the most likely of the group to prove otherwise, but you get the sense they started their push a week or two too late. As long as Luce ends up on the bottom of the pile, all is fine in the WIS world.

From UNH's standpoint, the only team I do NOT want to see them facing in the QF round is UMass Lowell. UMass Amherst is not a program with any real tourney experience, and BC (currently 3rd) seems particularly ripe for a first round upset, while most of the others are struggling to find consistent form (ditto UNH these last few weekends, too). UNH should enter the HE tourney with zero pressure, and a steady diet of postseason style, grind-it-out hockey over their last 5 RS games, so they should be ready, and could be poised to surprise someone.

But a series in Lowell? As a long-standing Bazin Believer, I say ABUML ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Barring some amazing developments down the stretch, it's hard to see any of UVM, UConn or Merrimack getting back into playoff contention. UVM probably is the most likely of the group to prove otherwise, but you get the sense they started their push a week or two too late. As long as Luce ends up on the bottom of the pile, all is fine in the WIS world.

From UNH's standpoint, the only team I do NOT want to see them facing in the QF round is UMass Lowell. UMass Amherst is not a program with any real tourney experience, and BC (currently 3rd) seems particularly ripe for a first round upset, while most of the others are struggling to find consistent form (ditto UNH these last few weekends, too). UNH should enter the HE tourney with zero pressure, and a steady diet of postseason style, grind-it-out hockey over their last 5 RS games, so they should be ready, and could be poised to surprise someone.

But a series in Lowell? As a long-standing Bazin Believer, I say ABUML ...
                                Anybody but UML (who has won 10 straight) Do tell what is this latest acronym praising your man crush? 😳

Comment

Working...
                                X