X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Anyone catching the Flyers game? JvR just buried a give and go....13th goal of the season!
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Now scoring at well over a 30-goal season rate, AGAIN.
    Another missed All-Star game, Flyers in 7th place in the worst division in the NHL. Hang a banner.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Another missed All-Star game, Flyers in 7th place in the worst division in the NHL. Hang a banner.
      Chuck, JVR missed the first six weeks of the season. Plus he isn't exactly playing on a powerhouse. And Hackstol was his coach. Not much chance he was going to be an all star.

Comment

Wow, tough crowd of one here. JvR also led the Flyers with 5 SOG last night; not bad, eh, e.cat?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Wow, tough crowd of one here. JvR also led the Flyers with 5 SOG last night; not bad, eh, e.cat?
          ...and he'll be in Boston tomorrow night! B's smarting from their loss to the Jets and the Flyers are on a 5 game win streak!
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-29-2019, 09:39 PM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
            Chuck, JVR missed the first six weeks of the season. Plus he isn't exactly playing on a powerhouse. And Hackstol was his coach. Not much chance he was going to be an all star.
            Greg, he's never been an All-Star. Not once. And he's playing where he chose to play. Having a nice career. Getting paid very nicely, too. Hackstol was his coach for like one (1) month. Did play several years for a Stanley Cup winning coach, and a Stanley Cup winning GM, who both decided to let him move on, so they could sign other (better) players.

JvR is a good, not great NHL player. That's always been my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Greg, he's never been an All-Star. Not once. And he's playing where he chose to play. Having a nice career. Getting paid very nicely, too. Hackstol was his coach for like one (1) month. Did play several years for a Stanley Cup winning coach, and a Stanley Cup winning GM, who both decided to let him move on, so they could sign other (better) players.

B's could have used some secondary scoring from someone like JvR on Tuesday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

He's one of the best players to ever lace 'em up at UNH. Do have a filter? Last time I checked this is a UNH thread with UNH fans posting. We all know how you feel about JvR at this point. Now get off my lawn!
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

This is great!!!! Notice how empty the 'Whitt looks...but not anymore! Let's go 'Cats!!

https://***********/UNHWildcats/stat...06931716587520
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Well, these days with the way the bogus all star game is comprised, there is room for eight centers in each conference. So, is JVR one of the top 16 centers in the league? Probably not. But he is a 30 goal scorer and that is nothing to sneeze at. And he clearly had great skill when he was UNH. Although I would argue that he will never been on any UNH all time team as centers such as Bob Miller and Jason Krog had way more impact during their college days than JVR did.
                    Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 01-30-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Speaking of NHL allstars, I wonder how many UNH players have made the allstar team? Rod Langway is the only one that comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        Well, these days with the way the bogus all star game is comprised, there is room for eight centers in each conference. So, is JVR one of the top 16 centers in the league? Probably not. But he is a 30 goal scorer and that is nothing to sneeze at. And he clearly had great skill when he was UNH. Although I would argue that he will never been on any UNH all time team as centers such as Bob Miller and Jason Krog had way more impact during their college days than JVR did.
                        JvR is a left wing IIRC!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          JvR is a left wing IIRC!
                          He wasn’t in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            So I've got got ticket for the Saturday night game if you still need one.

Comment

Quiz: what do the following NHL players have in common?

Jonathan Cheechoo
                              Milan Hejduk
                              Dany Heatley
                              Corey Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                So I've got got ticket for the Saturday night game if you still need one.
                                Cool; meet 5 pm at Libby's?

As Ben Maller said on WEEI last (Wednesday) night, "ya can't lose to the cupcakes." And, "stay in your lane."

Comment

Working...
                                X