This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Oops, I cannot figure out how to send you a p.m. So, meet at ticket booth area? Best guess on time? I would not mind arriving a bit early to watch practice, but we beggars cannot be choosy.
    Okay. No worries. I want to say 630ish only because I'm at their mercy and don't want to over promise and under deliver

Just got a tweet that Saturday's game is officially sold out!
    Last edited by e.cat; 01-31-2019, 12:38 PM.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

A few friends and I are making the trek to Durham on Saturday. We are sitting in the third row in the bench seating behind the net Maine will shoot at twice. We will all be decked out in our dark blue Maine gear. What should be expect? And do you have any recommendations for before the game in the immediate area? I don't think there will be any problems, but I'm curious to see what you guys have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        A few friends and I are making the trek to Durham on Saturday. We are sitting in the third row in the bench seating behind the net Maine will shoot at twice. We will all be decked out in our dark blue Maine gear. What should be expect? And do you have any recommendations for before the game in the immediate area? I don't think there will be any problems, but I'm curious to see what you guys have to say.
        Hey and welcome to the 'Whitt! UNH fans are decent people; I don't think you'd encounter any off the wall stuff as far as that goes. That being said...it's 'White Out the "Whitt" night (s) so it usually is pretty boisterous and they might be filling the opposite end with students as well as the usual end (which is where you are sitting) Of course there are the cheers that are specifically geared get under the opponents skin like all arenas...but, it's usually just harmless fun. You can proudly wear your gear no worries there....

Popular 'hangouts' are Libby's Bar and Grill (on the far end of Main st) and, if you want to get a seat, you need to be there NO later than 5/5:30 or there will be a waiting line. Can't emphasize that enough! Behind Libby's is a nice place called 'Bellas' that's lower key, good food (and I think...better drinks , just saying). Like Libby's, it fills up quickly too. There's also "Skorps" beside Libby's but I'm not sure how that place is...If you want to pregame in Dover I'd recommend the "Thirsty Moose" on the Main street...

The 'Whitt serves beer and wine products, in addition to the usual fare of concessions (nothing cool tho like your baked potatoes) but it's fine. There will be the usual between - the - periods - fun on the ice, etc. Lots of stuff going out this week to hype up the students and the fans, so, I'm hoping it will be as good as it usually is!

I'm sure others have their own fav places to go but these are the ones that come to mind most often. Hope you enjoy the game no matter what the outcome...
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Okay. No worries. I want to say 630ish only because I'm at their mercy and don't want to over promise and under deliver

Sweet! Let's Go SouzaCats!!!!

Comment

As stated, Saturday is sold out and Friday looks to have around 800-1000 tickets left, with walk up sales on Friday it will be close to selling out. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

6:30+/- sounds fine, e.cat. Many thanks!

And, tonight I will be watching JvR on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Same...what a pass from Krug!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Same...what a pass from Krug!!!
                  Yes, your “crush” had quite the assist there!
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                    Yes, your “crush” had quite the assist there!
                    Attaboy Scorey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Happy to oblige Snively65. Should be fun. Go JvR:-)
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        Happy to oblige Snively65. Should be fun. Go JvR:-)
                        4 SOG tonight for JvR.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Hey and welcome to the 'Whitt! UNH fans are decent people; I don't think you'd encounter any off the wall stuff as far as that goes. That being said...it's 'White Out the "Whitt" night (s) so it usually is pretty boisterous and they might be filling the opposite end with students as well as the usual end (which is where you are sitting) Of course there are the cheers that are specifically geared get under the opponents skin like all arenas...but, it's usually just harmless fun. You can proudly wear your gear no worries there....

Popular 'hangouts' are Libby's Bar and Grill (on the far end of Main st) and, if you want to get a seat, you need to be there NO later than 5/5:30 or there will be a waiting line. Can't emphasize that enough! Behind Libby's is a nice place called 'Bellas' that's lower key, good food (and I think...better drinks , just saying). Like Libby's, it fills up quickly too. There's also "Skorps" beside Libby's but I'm not sure how that place is...If you want to pregame in Dover I'd recommend the "Thirsty Moose" on the Main street...

The 'Whitt serves beer and wine products, in addition to the usual fare of concessions (nothing cool tho like your baked potatoes) but it's fine. There will be the usual between - the - periods - fun on the ice, etc. Lots of stuff going out this week to hype up the students and the fans, so, I'm hoping it will be as good as it usually is!

I'm sure others have their own fav places to go but these are the ones that come to mind most often. Hope you enjoy the game no matter what the outcome...
                          Thanks for the rundown! Looking forward to a good one, and a good result

Comment

Finally got NESNgo up and running. Thank the lord. Wasn’t going to miss this weekend. go Cats.

Amkirby, hope you enjoy your visit but not the outcomes!

Comment

Nice start!!!

Comment

• Anybody else having trouble with NESN GO? I can see the scheduled game but can’t bring it up.
                                Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                                Finally got NESNgo up and running. Thank the lord. Wasn’t going to miss this weekend. go Cats.

Amkirby, hope you enjoy your visit but not the outcomes!

Comment

Working...
                                X