X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Too tired to look it up so I’ll guess zero.
    Bingo!

Ok, who wants to take part in the over/under of 25% chance of sweeping the Black Bears this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Trivia question: How many OT games did we win last season?
      Good guess ‘DC, the boys were 0-2-6 in OT last year

Comment

Vermont over PC at PC. Wow.
        PC has a game in hand over us, but it may not be inconceivable that we could leap frog them in the HEA standings.

And, Naz our second double-digit goal scorer on the season, with at least eight games remaining.
        Last edited by Snively65; 02-01-2019, 09:35 PM. Reason: an additional tidbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          PC has a game in hand over us, but it may not be inconceivable that we could leap frog them in the HEA standings.

And, Naz our second double-digit goal scorer on the season, with at least eight games remaining.
          Wooo ‘Cats! 3rd wasn’t pretty but we did what we had to do for the W. If we win and PC loses that will be interesting....HR approves of the game tonight!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Ridge Rat View Post
            Good guess ‘DC, the boys were 0-2-6 in OT last year
            ...and one of those OT losses were to Maine so it feels good to be on the other side of that tonight!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              ...and one of those OT losses were to Maine so it feels good to be on the other side of that tonight!!!
              12 of 26 games OT so far this season: 8 ties, 3 wins (UVM, Mack, and now Maine), and one loss (BU). No more ties, just wins, so that you, I, e.cat, and ATW can collect our free beers at Libby's for over 13.5 wins; thanks, Chuck. :-)

Comment

Souza tried to blow that game ... He acted a bit to much like Umile. Really shortened the bench up 2-0 I think it even started in the 2nd period.

Did the 4th line even play in the third period?

Did the 3rd line have more than a handful of shifts?

To me that is why UNH looked so dead late in the third. The legs were burnt for the top two lines. The 4th line was generating nice offensive pressure early in the game.

Hopefully a lucky win, on a really nice Naz goal doesn't reinforce what I see as a bad coaching move in the game... Hopefully Souza sees the tactical error.
                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
                  Souza tried to blow that game ... He acted a bit to much like Umile. Really shortened the bench up 2-0 I think it even started in the 2nd period.

To me that is why UNH looked so dead late in the third. The legs were burnt for the top two lines. The 4th line was generating nice offensive pressure early in the game.

Hopefully a lucky win, on a really nice Naz goal doesn't reinforce what I see as a bad coaching move in the game... Hopefully Souza sees the tactical error.
                  4th line was on the ice for the first Maine goal in the third

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Chuck's compliments are easily perceived as negative criticism.
                    Yes, I've had the unmitigated gall to admit JvR is a well paid and very good NHL player, but not an All-Star elite level player destined for the HHOF. I'm sure JvR is devastated.

Snively65, you came closest to answering the latest quiz correctly. Put another beer on our running tab.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

USCHO lists the assist on the game winning goal as Blackburn? Wasn’t he on the bench?
                      GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Souza admits they "limped to the bell" in the presser afterwards....I thought they looked gassed in the third as well. Not sure how much ice time the other lines got but am thinking they know it was fortunate they held off Maine (Souza says as much). But, the team showed it's resilience and that OT goal by Naz was amazing. He says in the paper that what goes unnoticed is that Charlie K holds off his guy in the faceoff circle allowing him to get the puck and shoot...Swayman never saw it coming. So we'll take the W...

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                          USCHO lists the assist on the game winning goal as Blackburn? Wasn’t he on the bench?
                          Was Naz for his 2nd of the night. Blackburn streak snapped at 15 games.
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Could watch the Naz OT goal alllll day...what a faceoff by Pierson, the pass to Naz, Charlie K bumping off his man...bang!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KIE...ature=youtu.be

Comment

oh...so that's why people on the UNH Hockey fan FB page thought he (Blackburn) had an assist on the play...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                oh...so that's why people on the UNH Hockey fan FB page thought he (Blackburn) had an assist on the play...
                                What I thought I saw was Naz drilling it right off of Jackson’s face-off win.

Maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X