Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Quiz: what do the following NHL players have in common?

Jonathan Cheechoo
    Milan Hejduk
    Dany Heatley
    Corey Perry
    They all played in at least one NHL all-star game, and JvR has not?

They all scored at least 50 goals in a season, and JvR has not?

Go 'cats!

Re: UNH Wildcats 2018-2019: Souza the Opportunity or Louza the Opportunity

Alex Hall's NH College Hockey: It's that time again; UNH hosts rival Maine this weekend:
    https://www.unionleader.com/sports/c...ff0f13e9b.html
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Why are we even talking about JVR? To keep it simple, he no longer plays for the Wildcats. He is better at what he does now than any of us on the board. JVR came in at 18 and if he played to 22 and was allowed to play left wing in college (Philadelphia management required improvement in defense and they made him play center or he would not play at UNH), he would have been the leading scorer of all time. He did not come at 21 and play until 25 like our heroes who played for a cup of coffee and great careers in the AHL after their UNH experience.

Leave the Van Riemsdyk's alone as they and their talented children have been outstanding on the ice and in the classroom as well. Let it go Chuck! They are great people and do not need their children being belittled regularly on this board. Please just say thanks!

See you all at the Whit this weekend.

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH

Quote Originally Posted by UNH1932 View Post
    Why are we even talking about JVR? To keep it simple, he no longer plays for the Wildcats. He is better at what he does now than any of us on the board. JVR came in at 18 and if he played to 22 and was allowed to play left wing in college (Philadelphia management required improvement in defense and they made him play center or he would not play at UNH), he would have been the leading scorer of all time. He did not come at 21 and play until 25 like our heroes who played for a cup of coffee and great careers in the AHL after their UNH experience.

Leave the Van Riemsdyk's alone as they and their talented children have been outstanding on the ice and in the classroom as well. Let it go Chuck! They are great people and do not need their children being belittled regularly on this board. Please just say thanks!

Personally I like bringing him up like any UNH alum who's out there doing great things...my intention is not to belittle him...it's been fantastic that the family has chosen UNH hockey for their kids as it's been a great ride and I will really miss not seeing a vanRiemsdyk on the roster, as well as a Kelleher. It speaks to the positive culture of UNH hockey and the tradition of the school.

So if it's leading to negative then, you won't see me mention him anymore...Personally I prefer to talk about present situations (since my history is so limited with UNH hockey but it's building!) Beside...most likely if he actually read the stuff that's posted, I imagine he'd care less...(as he should) as the opinions expressed here are just...opinions.

Having had the pleasure of speaking to the parents on a few occasions, they are so proud of what their kids have done and what the school has meant to them on a personal level. We've been the benefactors of all of that! Anyway...almost Friday.
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-31-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Go 'cats!

Chuck's compliments are easily perceived as negative criticism.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Will send you a pm. Thanks!
    Okay. I just have to figure out how to retrieve it

Go 'cats!

In case this is not already on page 2, 3, 4...

See what separates our program from the rest:
    https://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2019/01...-behind-scenes

Seasoned Veteran

Can I get an Amen? :-)

Amen, 32..

Looks like I have a ticket for Saturday night, despite the sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by e.cat View Post
    Okay. I just have to figure out how to retrieve it
    Oops, I cannot figure out how to send you a p.m. So, meet at ticket booth area? Best guess on time? I would not mind arriving a bit early to watch practice, but we beggars cannot be choosy.

Seasoned Veteran
    Oops, I cannot figure out how to send you a p.m. So, meet at ticket booth area? Best guess on time? I would not mind arriving a bit early to watch practice, but we beggars cannot be choosy.
    Okay. No worries. I want to say 630ish only because I'm at their mercy and don't want to over promise and under deliver

Just got a tweet that Saturday's game is officially sold out!
    Last edited by e.cat; 01-31-2019 at 01:38 PM.

University of Maine Class of 2020

A few friends and I are making the trek to Durham on Saturday. We are sitting in the third row in the bench seating behind the net Maine will shoot at twice. We will all be decked out in our dark blue Maine gear. What should be expect? And do you have any recommendations for before the game in the immediate area? I don't think there will be any problems, but I'm curious to see what you guys have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by amkirby10 View Post
    A few friends and I are making the trek to Durham on Saturday. We are sitting in the third row in the bench seating behind the net Maine will shoot at twice. We will all be decked out in our dark blue Maine gear. What should be expect? And do you have any recommendations for before the game in the immediate area? I don't think there will be any problems, but I'm curious to see what you guys have to say.
    Hey and welcome to the 'Whitt! UNH fans are decent people; I don't think you'd encounter any off the wall stuff as far as that goes. That being said...it's 'White Out the "Whitt" night (s) so it usually is pretty boisterous and they might be filling the opposite end with students as well as the usual end (which is where you are sitting) Of course there are the cheers that are specifically geared get under the opponents skin like all arenas...but, it's usually just harmless fun. You can proudly wear your gear no worries there....

Popular 'hangouts' are Libby's Bar and Grill (on the far end of Main st) and, if you want to get a seat, you need to be there NO later than 5/5:30 or there will be a waiting line. Can't emphasize that enough! Behind Libby's is a nice place called 'Bellas' that's lower key, good food (and I think...better drinks , just saying). Like Libby's, it fills up quickly too. There's also "Skorps" beside Libby's but I'm not sure how that place is...If you want to pregame in Dover I'd recommend the "Thirsty Moose" on the Main street...

The 'Whitt serves beer and wine products, in addition to the usual fare of concessions (nothing cool tho like your baked potatoes) but it's fine. There will be the usual between - the - periods - fun on the ice, etc. Lots of stuff going out this week to hype up the students and the fans, so, I'm hoping it will be as good as it usually is!

I'm sure others have their own fav places to go but these are the ones that come to mind most often. Hope you enjoy the game no matter what the outcome...
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Okay. No worries. I want to say 630ish only because I'm at their mercy and don't want to over promise and under deliver

Sweet! Let's Go SouzaCats!!!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

As stated, Saturday is sold out and Friday looks to have around 800-1000 tickets left, with walk up sales on Friday it will be close to selling out. Looking forward to it.

6:30+/- sounds fine, e.cat. Many thanks!

And, tonight I will be watching JvR on TV.

Same...what a pass from Krug!!!
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Yandle in The Wind
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Same...what a pass from Krug!!!
    Yes, your “crush” had quite the assist there!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Yes, your “crush” had quite the assist there!
    Attaboy Scorey.
    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Seasoned Veteran

Happy to oblige Snively65. Should be fun. Go JvR:-)

Thread Information