Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NWHL Draft

Let's go RED!

Re: NWHL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    So "gimmick hockey" is your solution. Full strength 4 on 4 with shorter periods isn't our game and I don't really believe we want to compromise our game.
    It was only if there weren't enough players to fill out a complete roster....just doing some deadtime brainstorming.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

[QUOTE=CrossCheck;6738532]Tell me again why the NHL owners should spend significant $$ so girls can play pro hockey? What possible benefit do they get?

I've had good sources told me that Bettman and the NHL would be more than happy and are ready to take over control of all women's professional hockey....but that both leagues would have to go belly-up first.

https://www.theicegarden.com/2018/12...ndt-katie-burt

lots of names we have discussed before!

[QUOTE=play-by-play guy;6739250]
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    Tell me again why the NHL owners should spend significant $$ so girls can play pro hockey? What possible benefit do they get?

I've had good sources told me that Bettman and the NHL would be more than happy and are ready to take over control of all women's professional hockey....but that both leagues would have to go belly-up first.
    Will they lock them out in 2020 too?

[QUOTE=play-by-play guy;6739250]
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCheck View Post
    Tell me again why the NHL owners should spend significant $$ so girls can play pro hockey? What possible benefit do they get?

why wait for them to go belly up? Just start a new league, build it and they will come ... at least the players (OK, like I said, Canadians are cheap and would rather hire players lacking a paycheck rather than ones receiving one, even as low as it is)

play games preceding the men's game at first, it would draw more than watch them now, plus most would be new fans, eventually they'd see that rather than be boring for the lack of checking and fisticuffs, a hockey game based most entirely on skill might even be an improvement
    Israel depends on a wall for their security, and it is doing the job. Democrazies need to explain why one wouldn't work for the USA. Baring that, build a wall Mr. Trump, so big the Chineeze have to rename theirs.

Bruins and Pride partnership!

https://www.nwhl.zone/news_article/show/983618

Quote Originally Posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    Excellent. Now get the merger done, have the NHL partner with the merged league, and line up the other women's teams with NHL franchises. Then, and only then, can women's pro hockey grow.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

So...lucky enough to get a coveted ticket to the Soldout Pride-Whitecap game yesterday. Awesome crowd, lots of young girls and a fun atmosphere. Even the scorers box was dancing between periods. Not sure I get as the Pride has owned the Whitecaps this year.....somehow they have lost 2 to the Beauts. Guessing clarkson grad Harmon is a big factor. Have to catch the next time these teams play. First game since announcing partnership with Bruins.

Thread Information